Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

The capacity to control workers is an incredibly important role in business to be frank, and so many business experts suggest that you are looking for special training on such matters. I love the points you slept but most of the mistakes are made by employers. Another such error is that the employee is not taken seriously in terms of the following.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is nothing wrong when given praises to employees. But !along it look like it is a competition between staffs is what is wrong. Do not compare employees to themselves. They are different and have different talents.

Adding you to the team makes a huge difference.
"You always find a way to do it - and well done!"
"It's really admirable how you always see projects from concept to completion."
"Thank you for always speaking at team meetings and for coming up with unique ideas," he said.

Like you have stated it is very good to praise employees in the right direction. Sometimes an employee may be feeling too proud because he thinks that without him your business cannot move forward. So, praises should be done in the right direction and of course that should be praised and not the hard work.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
There are many common mistake which employees do during starting a business because they have no knowledge about business and their educational satup is very low, therefore they can do there is not good properly I always get you if you start a business please take proper training of business and then you start

Points 1 and 2 still in waiting room trying to enter my brain but i cannot understand those well point number 3 i appreciate much and it happened with many employees sadly. But we work for money not for oil from boss so its ok.

I don't see the reason why an employer can't praise an employee when he does well but he will be quick to punish the employee when he err. This is absolutely an aberration to the reward system. An employer should praise his employees when they do well and discipline them when they don't do well.
I understand from your point of view but praises aren’t compulsory. If an employee does well in a job, he/she is being paid to do well and not the other round. Though praises motivates people into doing better but when it gets too much praises may lead to complacency

I got your points very well, still on that, there are some employee that don't need to be praise at all, because as soon as you start doing that, they will start misbehaving thinking that they are over doing the job in which they are suppose to do.

Giving everyone the same reward or recognition lessens the weight of the gesture. Recognition should be, unique and personalized. Different types of excellence deserve different types of recognition. And only when recognition is personalized will employees believe that the employee recognition program carries weight.

You can wait for the employee to do mistake before praise when the employee deserve it he should be praised when praise your employees motivate them most that is when the put all they have in your business be praised them will bost your business product from time time

Being praised makes the recipient feel good about themselves and this can help to boost their performance. Praise provides the kind of positive experience or 'uplift' that can increase employees' morale, motivation and engagement, and renew their commitment to their manager and the organisation.

It depends on the nature and characters of the employee involved because for an employer to praise an employee supposed to be a motivation but if the said employee take the praise to the head and start fumbling, I believe the employer should do the needful to save his company

When praising an employee,a bonus or prize should attached so as to motivate them to put more efforts..By so doing,they will have it in mind that you are actually impressed by their efforts and not just mouth showering of praise..This can also motivate other employees who are not hardworking enough to increase their competence in d organization thereby bringing growth and production in d firm.

The ability to manage employee performance well is a critical part of any successful organisation. Yet, too often, performance management is misunderstood or executed in a clumsy way that can actually harm employee engagement, motivation and, ultimately, performance. Here are the biggest mistakes I’ve seen companies of all sizes make time and time again.

If you decide to give your workers some accolades for work done it’s not a bad thing. When praising your worker make sure you do it in a professional way. Don’t ever let them cross that line of professionalism that way you keep them on their toes.

I wouldn't say that their common mistakes made while praising a staff, reasons when staff truly deserve you praises may be due to the level of activeness I guess he or she deserves your appraisal because it is a due benevolence required of you as a business owner or manager of the units to do so.
I understand your point of view and I reason with what you say, it's true, many a times we are deceived by employee, some might just be practicing eye services and in the real sense they don't deserve to be praised

Some people praise employees and forget that they could get carried away. It is okay to give them bonuses once in a while but not every single time. The idea is for them not to feel like they are entitled to it every time.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Commenting on the above stated mistakes, it's very to blame without giving directions. At Least when a direction is given, it stands as a guide to what you really want the person to do.
Employers should learn to praise the hardwork of their employees not the talent because there are those lazy ones with the talent who does not care.
Reward and praise the hardworking employees as it will trigger them to do more and encourage the ones that are not doing well.

Adding you to the team makes a huge difference.

"You always find a way to do it - and well done!"

"It's really admirable how you always see projects from concept to completion."

"Thank you for always speaking up and coming up with unique ideas at team meetings."

An employee is as important as the employer because most businesses thrive on the knowledge and expertise of the employees who devote their time and effort to make the business work and often times deserve to be appreciated verbally and gift wise which in turn motivates the employee work extra which will be beneficial to his work place.

Praising employee can go a long way to making them feel appreciated therefore giving back to the employer more output than they had done before. Over praising should be avoided as It may lead to underperformance in the long run

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds