Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I can do that but before I do that you must understand that I cannot just give up on my work and focus on business that does not guarantee me of giving out something reasonable that is why if I'm to do that I must be very serious to find out that the business and giving up my work on must be good enough to provide me of constant daily income, I can't do it for a business that has no future.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

If you are in this situation, would you quit your job?
No it's not true to leave hon because job is permanent we can earn same or more by working diligently but not less on the other hand in business we can get benefit as well as lose

For me, I won't quit my job for business. My job is my stable source of income. Business is an investment or extra source of income. It is always good that you have two source of income so that you will become financially stable

I think we should continue both works but if there is situation to skip one of them so i will must quite my job because of not giving full concentration to the business .
Business are of different types so everyone has change imcome way .my business will definantly will give huge income so i will not be interested to work on job instead working on my business.
You are right, as a beginners, you will need some constant flow of income, so I would suggest that the earlier stage, you can still work as far it isnot disturbing the free flow of your business and combining the two is not wearing you out

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

Yes, if I will see that my business is giving me more profit than my job then I will quit my job and after that I will concentrate on my business. It's difficult to handle two work at a time. So I prefer to choose that work which is more profitable than other.

One needs to consider a whole lots of factors before arriving at a final decision. People react differently to this kind of situation. As for me, I will gladly resign from my job and face the business squarely. It will also help me not to overwork myself since I am already making so much money.

If your business is lucrative and built for the long term then it is expected that at some stage in it's growth you should quit your nine to five job and focus on growing it even more. One of the reasons for building a personal business is to be financially independent, and I don't think anyone can say they are truly financially independent if their time is controlled by a boss somewhere. If you are at a stage where your business pays you more than your job, and shows the potential to pay you even more in future, then it is time to consider quitting that job.

Illness. Personal or family illnesses are both legitimate reasons to quit a job, and sometimes a sudden illness can be an excuse to leave a position. If it's a legitimate reason to quit (i.e., you or someone in your family is chronically ill), make sure that you have continued health insurance coverage after you leave.

Don't be too quick, however, to abandon your day job to pursue your entrepreneurial dreams. ... After all, quitting a job to pursue business is risky, especially without having a safety net in place. In fact, the majority of people who decide to start an online business will fail within the first year

In today's economy where things are really bad, it is adviced to have 2 to 3 streams of income, so I wouldn't advice anyone to quit his or her job it's better to combine and if it proves to be stressful you can hire a trustworthy person to manage your business for you.
I am glad you are being sincere about this matter. Many people just talk about starting a business as though it is as easy as they are making it look. The best option is to combine them to have multiple source of income.

I think almost every one dream is to own a self sufficient enterprise. I would gladly leave my job to focus on my business if certain conditions are meet like.
1. Is my business paying more than my job?
2. Is it less stressful than my current job.
If this is answered correctly then why not.

It depends on the job that you are doing,you can quit a job if only you have your own business,from my experience working under someone is hard, because you we be facing alot of things that you didn't like but you can't talk about it cause you don't want to lose the job,As a computer engineer can make 5k to 8k per day,you can't get that from working under someone

Yes definitely, I have always wanted to be my own boss. But before I can quit my job for a business, the business should be making money enough to sustain my bills atleast.

I think if atleast you're business income matches your salary, definitely, you could be focusing on your business only. That focus will give you 100% productivity to your business. However, other perks of being an employee, such as bonuses, might not be possible when you're just in your business. But who knows when you'll be like the CEO of your business someday? ☺️

I will definitely choose business rather that working in my job. There are many things you will encounter in doing business unlike being a employer it's just like you are so comfortable on what you are doing. But first, you should think and analyze if you will become successful in your chosen decision because the risk is so high but we all know that the risk is worth taking especially if it become successful.

if my business aid my financial needs and i can save as much as from my job i would really say yes i will do quit, business is stressful but if the time comes you can hire people to manage your business while saving more that's the stress will relief.

I've really been enlightened from the post. This platform has really given me the opportunity to learn and know people's views on matters like this. Much appreciation to the person behind the idea of this platform.

if my business aid my financial needs and i can save as much as from my job i would really say yes i will do quit, business is stressful but if the time comes you can hire people to manage your business while saving more that's the stress will relief.
Sure if one's job is only taking most of his time with nothing to write home about, it is best to do away with it so you can easily focus on your business and grow it. Most low paying jobs are exploitative.

Well I guess you should quit your job if you think its not that worth it compared to your business. Maybw you should try to focus on your own business wherein you work under your own preferences. Because sometimes there are people who cant survive the pressure their bossess lies to them. And end up too late in resigning.

Jobs are not the key to become successful in life, because they can't provide you enough time and strength to become as strong as you want.They can't give you chance to become successful in no time.
Business are the main thing which can give you chance to become strong and successful.Its totally depends on you to give your 100% to become successful.
So whenever you have to choose job or business,in my opinion you go to business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds