Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If am to choose any of them I rather quit a job and focus on a business of mine that has good potential of becoming great in the future but I cannot quit my stable job to focus on a business that I don't have an assurance that it will make me a reasonable amount of profit

Advertisement Placeholder
Quiting the 9 to 5 job is the first thing a serious business person or an entrepreneur needs to do.

Depending on how my job affects my business and how I want to grow the business I will quit the job at once.
Though I always support the idea of quitting the offline jobs if it affects the online business so much. But care must be taken in order not to regret this because online business is not that reliable most of the time.

Should I become an entrepreneur?” is two-fold: Go ahead and start your business. But don't quit your day job. ... But once you get started, the rewards of building your own business, while being fully employed, are substantial.

If my business pay than the job am doing I think I will have to quit my job and invest more time to my business

When you make enough cash from the company that prevents growth in the business from working your job, then it's time to start thinking about leaving the job.

But before you make the decision, be sure you have enough set aside for at least a year of expenses for both the company and your personal needs.

I'll gladly quit the job if my business is already thriving and needs more attention for it to expand further. I don't see anything special or attractive in the job of a thing if one can startup his business, good and fine. Business all the way.

It's not advisable to put all your eggs in a basket, but a business requires full attention and management.
Before quitting your job, weigh all your options first, don't make sure decision in a haste, be sure you are making the right choice if you later decide to quit your job for full-time business.

I will not quite my job for any form of business rather I will run both of them business after work or I do the management aspect having someone to look after my business in his absence

Yes, quiting my job to fucus on my business is a good one, I hard love for long to be my own CEO, and I can't wait to be, so if my business start paying me more than my job base on monthly basis, then is a good one because I will need enough time to fucus on my business, I have to quit my job in that case.

If you can handle it without difficulty, don't give up your job. Especially if you are just starting out in business. Remember that there is no certainty when it comes to business, the risk involved is high. Maybe when you realize that the profit entering your business is stable and you need to give up the job, it is possible.
That's a very good insight, not everyone evaluates things this way. Some people start thinking of quitting their jobs the moment the make one big sales, forgetting that business does not comes with consistent wins always.

That's a very good insight, not everyone evaluates things this way. Some people start thinking of quitting their jobs the moment the make one big sales, forgetting that business does not comes with consistent wins always.
Correct, what they expected in their previous high sales will be their income in the next few days, weeks or months. And those who are just starting out in business are already counting chickens even though they are still eggs.

Once the jobs aren't clashing and disturbing one another, I don't see the reason for leaving one business to concentrate on another. The two could be running simultaneously to ensure more income.

It's advisable you test run your business on the side before quitting your job.

Don't leave your job and jump into a new business. Run it on the side. If it grows to a point that it needs your full time attention, then you can quit. At that time, your business would be dependable enough to sustain you and your family.

It all depends on how the business is going, if your business is going well and you can see that you will make soo much more than what you are being paid in your office then you can quit. Although there is nothing bad in doing both as it will mean more money. If your business requires all your time and it Is progressing well then you can quit.

I think of it's a new business which still require fundings and has not gotten too much customers that need attention the business owner can continue working and use his or her savings to fund the business. But if its the other way round that the business needs focus and attention he can quit.

However, don't be too fast to give up your day job in order to fulfill your entrepreneurial dreams. ... After all, it is risky to leave a job to pursue business, especially without having a safety net in place. In reality, within the first year, the majority of individuals who plan to start an online business would fail.

I don't see any reason why anyone should not but that is only advisable when you are sure of the business which is your and when your heart is prepared for the hard and good time of your new business... Every business owner has their own beginning...

It is rather advisable to know how to manage the situation than to quit especially when a better option is not available else you will only find yourself to blame in the end bro.
You might need to sit yourself down and analyse your boss and get things right with him and eventually establish win-win relationship with him or her.

Yes I want to doing this type of work quit job and as well as doing Bussiness also but now a time I have no work yet in any type or job and Bussiness but it's my wish I doing both things and taking experience how live a life in this world many person doing as well both job and business

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job, and focus on growing the business?

If you are in this situation, would you quit your job?
Yes, I prefer my business to every other job, when you work for someone, it is very difficult to maintain your own business. If the business brings in enough money, then quit a job that wouldn't give you time to take good care of your own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds