Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I love my job so much, then I would continue doing it alongside my side business. But if it makes me so tired to do both, I would focus on the business alone. That way, I will have more time to relax and enjoy being my own boss. Running a business has many advantages to being employed and if I want to enjoy those advantages, then I would focus on the business alone.
You are right. Passion plays a very great role. If you take medical personnel for instance, they are not doing their job because of The money. If it were so, they would have quit because their pay is not always high if you compare to their workload. Passion is what makes most people to stay with their job even with low pay.

Advertisement Placeholder
Very very well, infact before you will make a good success in your business you need to have dedicate alot of time and attention to it, so I can quit my job in other to focus on my business, although I will have done a proper analysis of the business before I will quit my job.

You are right. Passion plays a very great role. If you take medical personnel for instance, they are not doing their job because of The money. If it were so, they would have quit because their pay is not always high if you compare to their workload. Passion is what makes most people to stay with their job even with low pay.
Yeah, that is right. The example of medical personell is a very good one. They would have given up along time ago, moreso during this pandemic period. But many of them continued working because they love their work. Passion makes work seem so enjoyable and gives you a sense of purpose in life. So you will continue working no matter the pay you get.

Yeah, that is right. The example of medical personell is a very good one. They would have given up along time ago, moreso during this pandemic period. But many of them continued working because they love their work. Passion makes work seem so enjoyable and gives you a sense of purpose in life. So you will continue working no matter the pay you get.
This is something most people fail to understand, life is not all about making money. Passion helps in shaping our making choices. Even though people who are passionate about their profession can Still own a business , by getting someone who would help them to manage it. But not quitting completely.

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

If you are in this situation, would you quit your job?
If my business is doing pretty well and i can get substantial money to cater for all my family needs and have something to save,i can automatically quit the job just to focus on my business growth
But if the business is not doing good,i can't risk quitting my job

Very very well, infact before you will make a good success in your business you need to have dedicate alot of time and attention to it, so I can quit my job in other to focus on my business, although I will have done a proper analysis of the business before I will quit my job.
Yea everyone can quit job and focus on business,if you are given an opportunity,do you and will you be able to manage and bring out your business if you are given all the requirements , can you manage a business at the age you are now to its fullest potential or Will you want to grow up more ?

i can surely quit work to focus on my business if the work is more time consuming and doesn't give space for developing my future

People prefer business over job because with job we can only support our family and with business we can support our future People prefer business over job because with job we can only support our family and with business we can support our future generations.And we can provide our future generations with a comfortable life and a better future

I would not advise anyone to quit his job for the sake of starting a business at first, for me it's not advisable especially if your job is flexible and the both can co-exist without one feeling neglected.
If after some period of time the business is doing well, only then you can stop your job and face the business.

Before I can do that I will have to consider a lot of facts which is, am I just starting the business and how much of my time does my business requires and how much profit am I getting from my business. So if my business requires me to devote most of my time to build it then it will be difficult to continue with my job will just have to choose 1 which is my business, also if my earnings from my job is huge enough to support my business I might still hold on to my job but if the profit am getting from my job is ok and am ok with it I will come quiting my job to focus more on my business that way I have my free time to do whatever I want and still run my business, why would I want to tie myself down to a job that won't give me the time I want.

What is stopping me from quiting my buisness is still the issue of capital, capital has been the issue for most of the youth.if I have the required capital to start my own business plan that have been set-up,I will definitely quit my job for business.

Starting, running, and building a micro-enterprise into a functioning small business is actually one of the most difficult tasks you will ever take on. And, you will try and try over and over until your knowledge base and working experience take you past the traditional trial and error learning cycle. There is only one short cut to this process - find and engage with an experienced small business owner.

It actually depends on whether the business is ready to fetch me more than I am earning at that moment. If not, there is no way I'm gonna leave my work yet until I'm fully sure that I have everything in place to start the business.

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

Well many people quit their jobs everyday to have more time for their business. But make sure your business is fetching you enough money to want to leave your job ,which is an additional stream of income for you. Most people who combine a regular job and business,look for someone to manage the business on their behalf. Getting a manager to manege your business gives you more time for the job.

Quiting the 9 to 5 job is the first thing a serious business person or an entrepreneur needs to do.

Depending on how my job affects my business and how I want to grow the business I will quit the job at once.

Before you quit your job, be sure that the business that you've started is solid and giving huge rewards already. People make mistakes of quitting their jobs for their personal businesses and later discover that such business can't handle their expenses at that particular time. So, it is important to thread with caution when deciding to quit your job for your own business.

I'm still a student but I don't think you should sacrifice your job to focus on business. Because you get a monthly income from the job no matter what the circumstances, but God forbid you lose in business, then you give up your job. Only those who have vast resources can do the job of quitting.

Yes, I can. The fear of failure and the fear of hunger is what keeps people at jobs that they don't like. A smart person understands that the key to success is in focusing on ones craft and developing it to an optimum level.
[automerge]1611255983[/automerge]
Yes, I can. The fear of failure and the fear of hunger is what keeps people at jobs that they don't like. A smart person understands that the key to success is in focusing on ones craft and developing it to an optimum level.

I don't get your message, but if you're trying to say if someone can quit his job as an employee for entrepreneurship, I think this is only possible if you have made enough money to start a business.

Yes I can quit my job to pay full attention on my business once business is fetching me more money than my monthly salary. you can't compare self employed with monthly salary. you will have full time to do your business and more time to spend with your family. focus on your business would make you a boss of yourself.

It is possible to quit your present job for your business if the business prospect is high and you see that your job is affecting you good business but if your job is not affecting your business I will advise not to quit your job because doing your job you are sure of stable monthly salary which can be a source of raising Extra capital for your business in the future if need arise for expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds