Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this depends on factors. If you have a significant savings, then I feel it fine to take the risk. Or you have a certain level of confidence on the success of the business? Most times the whole idea of starting a business is to earn more but business can be unstable so it fair to hold onto stable source of wealth.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

If you are in this situation, would you quit your job?
No I will not immediately leave my job for business.
At initial stage, I will give part time to my side business, and after development and promotion of business to large extent then I will leave or quite my job and fully work for further development of my business.

I think we should continue both works but if there is situation to skip one of them so i will must quite my job because of not giving full concentration to the business .
Business are of different types so everyone has change imcome way .my business will definantly will give huge income so i will not be interested to work on job instead working on my business.

As for me I can't quit my job to face business as a whole for now. Let me not make a conclusion to that because my job isn't affecting my business time so after my job I go for my business. I can handle both for now depending on when my business grows into a boom.

I can actually leave my job to face my business, but I still believe the best is to be working and also doing the business together, if it looks as if it impossible as per one is time taking them you can then get someone to manage your business and you place the person on a salary, and it also depends on the type of job one is doing if the job is yielding less profit you can just leave it and face the business, but if it's otherwise then just get someone to manage it.

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

Robert Kiyosaki once said the average millionaire has about 4 sources of income. If you can juggle both then don't quit any. Apart from the main stream of income everyone needs an extra side hustle. So I will advise you to find someone that can manage your business and continue.
[automerge]1609749703[/automerge]

Robert Kiyosaki once said the average millionaire has about 4 sources of income. If you can juggle both then don't quit any. Apart from the main stream of income everyone needs an extra side hustle. So I will advise you to find someone that can manage your business and continue.

Are you now trying to say you can meet all your household demands and business demands with the profit made from the business alone? What happens to getting someone who is trustworthy to help you handle the business while you continue with your job? Isn't that better than quitting completely?
That's the the case! Sometimes it's not even advisable to quit a job and focus on a new business, but rather try to manage the business while still on the job.

I can quit a job to focus on business if the business has made progress and it is highly sustainable with bigger opportunities that my job may not provide me in a very short time. Business brings in more money in a very short time compare to job.

One would must leave his job and would go for his business but if he knows that the business wil benefit him and will gibe him great reward and if there seems less risk of loss also if he is enough acknowledged about business otherwise he would definite continue his job still if he is getting normal salary still it is Worth than lossing at once everything

The only reason why I can quit my job for a business is when I am actually satisfied with my earnings from the business or when I make more Profit From the business than the Job.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?​

No i can not quit my job to run my business?
Don't be too quick, however, to abandon your day job to pursue your entrepreneurial dreams. ... After all, quitting a job to pursue business is risky, especially without having a safety net in place. In fact, the majority of people who decide to start an online business will fail within the first year.
Did you even read my comment in its entirety?! I clearly said IF you're making enough money to allow you to quit your 9-5, you can quit! Do you get what I mean? Let me break it down for you. What I meant is, while you're building your business, you need to retain your regular job and then only quit when your business starts paying dividends.

It is possible to quite your white-collar job for your business. However, it is not advisable to quite your job for your business if the former is not affecting the latter. In the case you highlighted above, the success of the business is not affected by your job, so there is no need to quite the job for the business.

If you spend most of your time working for someone else, your small business can suffer, so know ... When you focus on a business, it is more likely to grow. But I will advice you have your money to start up your business and you should have what you want to do before you quit.

Well, it highly depends on how much my office job is paying me compared to what I'm supposed to earn from my own business. If my job pays more than 60% of what the my business would give me, I'm definitely not quitting my job.

I wound rather find a third party to help me and run my own business and just supervise his or her running of the business from time to time.

Well, it highly depends on how much my office job is paying me compared to what I'm supposed to earn from my own business. If my job pays more than 60% of what the my business would give me, I'm definitely not quitting my job.

I wound rather find a third party to help me and run my own business and just supervise his or her running of the business from time to time.
That's a very nice option. I believe this would help you avoid a situation whereby you would only rely on your business as a source of income. I believe quitting one's job is not worth it, especially when you have not gone really far with the business.

Quiting your job for your personal business might be a threat to you in the first place but your mission and vision towards your goal will be a great life time income for you and you also become the boss of yourself,and be able to employ more people.

Yes, in this situation you must quit your business and focus on your business. But if your are still in struggling condition in business then don't leave your job because it will help you in bearing business expense.

Quitting my job to start a business will only be advisable if a already had the business running while on the job. And also if I find my business much more profitable and fetching me much more money than my so called pay job. Then I would gladly leave my job to focus on my business.

There I no point doing a job that a business can make the same amount for me. I will quit the job instantly once my busniess is generating 70% of what I am paid fir a job.

Focus on my business and generate more income as the case maybe.

If you can do your job and business simultaneously without one affecting the other,there is no reason to drop one for the other.
I work as a teacher and I also engage in poultry farming and I am doing fine with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds