Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can quit my 9-5 job if my side gig or business earns me more than the job pays me, it'll only be more productive if i take out time and focus on the business. We have seen persons who transitioned from their jobs into their businesses so there are lessons to learn there.

Advertisement Placeholder
Quitting your job if you have a stable business may seem like a great idea, but not in all cases.

A lot of people work well under pressure, which means having less time makes them figure out ways to be more productive in a short time.

Also, if the time that's left after your day job is long enough to sufficiently take care of your business, why quit the job?

I can quit if my job is not giving me what I want, then can focus on my business, because business you gain a lot of profit. There are some business that is better than job, because I like to become a boss.

If
It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

If you are in this situation, would you quit your job?
If your job doesn't not irritate you you should not quit it. If you get tired of your job and your business is well enough to make much more money you should quit the job. In case you love your job you should not leave it in any situation. It depends upon conditions whether you want to quit a job or not. These are the situations and routes.

Consider writing a business plan for your side business using realistic numbers from your history.

Set realistic goals and priorities.

Can you afford to live on that income as it is today? What about benefits? You'll have to replace those that your current employer provides.

Sit down with your financial planner and tax consultants to get their insights.

Identify the team you will go to for support--accountability partners if you will.

Think about all the advice your receiving, assess what is appropriate and then make your decision based on your needs, your plans, your priorities.

If I know that my business is profitable and it's complicating with my job I will employ who's expert on the particular business to handle it and manage it for me. So, I will still continue my job but I can see that my business is not handle well by my employee, I can quit my job for it.

Yes , I can leave my job for business only if my business have gained traction and it's capable of paying may bills with additional profit for saving. It's not always easy to grow a business while still on a job but it's the best decision a salary earner could make to enhance the financial capability of his family.

If it happens that I earn from my side hustle than my current salary, I will drop three month quit notice at the company I work with.

This action will give me more chance and free time to nurture my business and grow it to the greater height I even dream.

One of my mentors told that before I quit my jobs, I should have enough savings that cater for my expenses for 5 month before I quit my job.

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

First priority is business and future growth depend on business and job doesn't make you successfull and it's better to quit job and put all focus to business because in business full time required to make better.

Deciding you want to quit is usually just the first move in a long and cerebral chess match you’ll play with yourself. I’ve found that a founder’s inability to quit their current day jobs had little to do with the perceived riskiness of their new startups, their financial situation, or general economic conditions. The real barrier for most of us is not externa

If i see a potential in my business, then why not? Having your own business running is actually better than job you can find, you manage things on your own and you are the boss of yourself, you also generate more profit and have the ability to improve your financial situation

Surely, I would. As far it pays me more than my salary why won't I quit my job and focused on it. That would even make it to be lucrative for cause am now putting my full energy into it not like before that I'm sharing it with my pay job. Its good Idea to venture into business rather than pay job especially in nigeria.

For me to start a business while I got a job is because I will surely quit the job for the business later in the future, I might only be working to gather enough capital to fund the business
[automerge]1609463641[/automerge]
For me to start a business while I got a job is because I will surely quit the job for the business later in the future, I might only be working to gather enough capital to fund the business

If the job is a permanent one I think I wouldn't leave it unless there is a big problem in the company. Focusing on the business is good if you are assured that your salary from your job can be paid by your business. That happened to my wife's colleague who resigned to focus on the gasoline station business. After 2 years the station closed due to bankruptcy. He had no job and no business. That was really unfortunate.

It's depends upon the nature of job dear. If i am doing a private job and the package is also low then i will quit the job and started own business.
But if i have government job and also a side business then i will not quit my job due to future secure and do business side by side
[automerge]1609492636[/automerge]

It's depends upon the nature of job dear. If i am doing a private job and the package is also low then i will quit the job and started own business.
But if i have government job and also a side business then i will not quit my job due to future secure and do business side by side

If

If your job doesn't not irritate you you should not quit it. If you get tired of your job and your business is well enough to make much more money you should quit the job. In case you love your job you should not leave it in any situation. It depends upon conditions whether you want to quit a job or not. These are the situations and routes.
I agree with you on this. Passion plays a very important role in coming to a financial conclusion on this subject matter. Not everyone is working for the money. Most people like working because it's what gives them Joy, quitting to focus on a business would be a very difficult thing to do

It really depends on how secured and dependable the business is. If you have made all the necessary calculations and find out that your business can sustain you if more time is dedicated to it, then go ahead and quit.

It depends on the situation of the business because if I see that the business is going to give me enough money to take care of my son then I will resign from my workplace and focus steadily on my business but I will never do that if my business is not generating me enough income, for someone to do that they must consider the amount of income the business will generate.

I can't quit my job for online business. I will not depend on only one source of income. Job alone can not guarantee financial security or Independence.
Salary work or work salary are fixed it is only business or online source that are unlimited.

Yes it is very possible if the business is lucative and pays more than the job. I know of person working in the bank who started a private nursery and primary school, when the school business start growing, she had to resign from her work and continue with the school business. It is best you be an employer of labour than being an employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds