Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you employed someone in your house hold to manage your business?

It's on rare occasions that you will be fortunate enough to have a family member who will manage your business like its his or her own. Most of them don't care too much about another person's business.

Advertisement Placeholder
I had a plan to open a clothing and fashion business offline but am scared to employed someone from my house hold to manage the business for me,some of my relative are at home staying idle without having something doing,they are not well trusted do you see any risk employing them to work there?
I had a plan to open a clothing and fashion business offline but am scared to employed someone from my house hold to manage the business for me,some of my relative are at home staying idle without having something doing,they are not well trusted do you see any risk employing them to work there?
Before selecting someone from your household to take care of your business, you might have studied and know the person's capabilities. Look well, you'll find someone you can trust.
I think it's even better with household member, though not in all cases.

Some people can believe that people from the family can be able to manage their business perfectly even without having a good understanding of how the business is being done, but sometimes this is not the truth because you can be disappointed especially when they don't know what the business is all about.

There are advantages and disadvantages of hiring a family member.Is either they run your business well or steal from knowing that you wont take any legal actions against them. I trust most time outsiders to some extent because there would be scared to do anyhow.

I think is better to employ your household than to employ an outsider reason been that is one of your family members and before you employ him or her you both will have a written agreement about the business.

Yes if the person is trust worthy and competent why not it will be the best for the business because the first business ever is a family business
If I may ask, are you speaking from experience, have you ever tried to work or employ the service of a family member, based on my experience it doesn't always end well.

Yes, but especially on the grounds of it being a family business because sometimes even a family relative could disappoint.

Sometimes its good to employ a family member and sometimes its not good.. All depends on how your business is.

You can give one of them a try but you must keep him or her on a tight leash in order for him or her not to feel too relaxed because it's their relative's job, so they can do as they feel like.

I care about hiring a competent hand to handle my business. So if I can see among my neighbours and family members I am going to I hire the person. Only the competent people are capable of giving me what I want in the business.

I think it's better you hire someone from the outside than you don't have any family connection with in order to have a good employee and employer relationship in your business
You have more peace of mind when you are dealing with an outsider who's working for you because they will not be looking for any way to take advantage of your relationship with them.

My advise - look out for an experienced manager to manage your business (who is not your relative), you can employ your relatives as workers, no special consideration and they must follow the rules of the organization strictly. Relatives, if put in sensitive positions may mishandle the position due to being pompous and feel that they cannot be criticized by the business owner due to family ties.

I think it is not a good idea to employ somebody from your relatives. This can lead to misunderstanding in the long run. The relatives are expecting special treatment from your part, flexible working hours and very high salary. It is not a good idea to mix business with personal life. And if you are not content with your employee, you cannot simply fire him/her, as she/he is your relative.

As far as I'm concerned it is not always a good idea but when you don't have another option you have to employ them and keep them in a tight leash so that they don't miss behave.

Being related to you shouldnt be an automatic ticket to being part of your business and you will be making a huge mistake entrusting your business to someone untrustworthy, family or not.

yes you can but only if the person is good enough to take good care of the business,but in some cases you need to hire someone outside to take care of the business.

Definitely but you have to be careful and observant with such family members. The rules of your business must strictly be adhered to and you shouldn't hesitate to make changes if such family member cannot run the business.

The little I can say is that if you have seen anybody in your relatives that you know will be able to manage the business with fear and dignity, I see no bad thing about it, and remember the devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know. However if you really think they are not better enough to handle it, then go for an outsider.

If you don't trust any one of them to handle the business properly, then it is advisable that you run it yourself or employ someone else to manage the business. Note that anyone you employ will be criticized so he or she must not fail

This might really be difficult but the best thing is that it is not the best for you to employ someone that you will not be able to sack when it is necessary . It is the best to employ someone that is trusted and you can also fired them if they are are dubious..sometimes you may not be able to do this to a family member.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds