Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you employed someone in your house hold to manage your business?

Well, I know a lot of people will want to separate business from family, but I do not see anything bad about it. If the person is proficient and trustworthy why not.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree with you. As long as the person is of good character and has the ability to manage the business successfully, then there would be no issue employing him into my business.
Yeah,i don't really see anything wrong in employing one's family member. I feel alot of people are scared to do so though maybe because they feel the family member might interfere in how they run their business.

Yeah,i don't really see anything wrong in employing one's family member. I feel alot of people are scared to do so though maybe because they feel the family member might interfere in how they run their business.
That is a good reason but I feel it is not enough to sideline your family member from working in your business as long as he or she promises to abide by the rules and regulations of your business.

Well, I know a lot of people will want to separate business from family, but I do not see anything bad about it. If the person is proficient and trustworthy why not.
Yeah, right. Proficiency and trust are the most important things in business. If someone is able to give that to you, then go ahead and hire them. Well, separating family from business is great in the sense that you don't let them exploit you. But if a family member has all the qualifications to manage a business for you, hire them.

I will ensure that the person have the right quality for the position before I could hire him or her. The person must be willing to work and cooperate with other people in the workplace. I will not beg or for someone to take up a position in my company either friends or family.

I think that based on your impression of your relatives, it would be wiser to hire someone outside of your household. When starting a business, you need to focus on its operation and you need trusted people so you can concentrate on the essential aspects of the business. However, this opinion is only based on your observation. Otherwise, we usually can trust our relatives to have more patience, concern, and understanding. They are more likely to have the same goals as you have, and that is to secure the family financially.

An accounting concepts called entity concepts proves that a business should be managed separate from personal or emotional affair as a legal entity so letting my relative in my business may have emotional effect which may affect the business.

I do not know the attitude of your family members but if it's me. I will gladly employ my family because I know very well that employing them would be a blessing.

I do not know the attitude of your family members but if it's me. I will gladly employ my family because I know very well that employing them would be a blessing.
There nothing bad employing someone who knows much more about your business in your family to help you in managing your business if he or she is capable of doing it.

I don't have a big business right now that will involve me to hiring a manger but I know that one day I will build a good and big business that I will hire someone that will manage the business

Yes. A major factor that would determine the person I employ be it a family member, close relative or some one who applies for the position is skill, if you are truly skilled for a job and qualifies more for it I wouldn't hesitate to employ such an individual.

There nothing bad employing someone who knows much more about your business in your family to help you in managing your business if he or she is capable of doing it.
That's thee point. Although in some families it may be a little bit difficult to be able to cope with such scenarios because they may decide to take advantage to doing what could harm the business.

Well if the family members is qualified to carry out my business activities , I don't even see any reason why I don't have to employ them into my business organisation. As long as they won't take advantage of our familiarity.

In some cases it can be risky, so if you feel unsure about it, that's understandable. Mixing business relationships and personal relationships can be messy if the persons ideas about business doesn't align with yours or if they feel overly entitled because of the fact that they are close to you personally.

I do not particularly see anything wrong with hiring somebody from my own household to manage my business is for me. Provided that the person can maintain a good level of professionalism and he has the right knowledge and skill to take the business forward then that is all that matters to me.

All you need to do is to know and be sure that the particular member of your family you are willing to help is qualified for the position , then you can assist the person by giving him the job.
Well if the family members is qualified to carry out my business activities , I don't even see any reason why I don't have to employ them into my business organisation. As long as they won't take advantage of our familiarity.

All you need to do is to know and be sure that the particular member of your family you are willing to help is qualified for the position , then you can assist the person by giving him the job.
Ok but what if they are not qualified, do I really have to bother about employing them into my business organisation ? because to me I don't consider employing people this way as the best option . At least you should have good understanding either academically or from experience.

As many can say, business is quite independent of family affairs. there is no crime of giving my family member a mandate to run my business as long as he is willing and he has the ability to do the job not as a family member but as an employee.

Thats the main problem here , most of them are not always qualified for the job but they feel you need to employ them nonetheless because you are related , the best way is to give them a job that suits their educational status.
Ok but what if they are not qualified, do I really have to bother about employing them into my business organisation ? because to me I don't consider employing people this way as the best option . At least you should have good understanding either academically or from experience.

Thats the main problem here , most of them are not always qualified for the job but they feel you need to employ them nonetheless because you are related , the best way is to give them a job that suits their educational status.
Lolz, in this case I still won't be able to employ them because I need to employ someone that is qualified into my business, they won't talk like that if they ruins my business organization m

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds