Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can I depend on my writing earnings for survival?

We all need money to keep life moving and as a result of these we are all busy and occupied with our chosen careers. To make money first and then satisfy our passion for writing. I believe all writers are gifted.
It can be possible to make a living online if you are gifted in writing. You will just have to dedicate your time to this and really work hard in doing the work so as to earn. One of the ways you can make money from writing is through blogging. If you provide high quality SEO content regularly, you have a high chance of making a good amount daily on this.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would distinguish between freelancing writings and creative writings. In the first case I could say yes, especially if we live in a tier3 or tier4 country and we earn dollars, euros, pounds. In the case of creative writings, during these times non that easy, as many factors and circumstances are involved (language used, reading habits of our acquaintances and in general, reading habits of the population in the country we live, if we decide for paperback, e-book or both, to name the first circumstances). I'm a creative writer and I combine various streams of income, as I find impossible to survive on my creative e-books only.

That brings up the point of working with your strengths. But how much you want to earn from your writing will depend on your own vision. Moreso, the specific amount you decide is best for you and your family will depend on your personal comfort level.

It depends on how you choose to limit your financial life. But I will oppose that personally is more better more than one stream of Income to oneself. You can be running your typing job then engaging yourself in some online business, they are tons of passive income earning businesses online, just try finding anyone to start earning big to your typing job.

It may not be easy for a Nigerian to survive with online earnings alone the best is to have multiple sources of income so as to cater for large expenses so I will advise that either you have multiple online jobs or you combined your online job with your daily offline job that should be okay

Yes this will be a nice thought. Writing earning will be innovative too. So you should go for this. But it will depend how you writing or how good your writing. There are always challenges to start but you absorb the pressure and things will get easier and profitable.

It depends on how good you are because for you to depend on it for survival you must earn well and this will only be possible if you write uniquely in a creative and outstanding way to the amazement of the reader.

You çan actually live off from writing but you really need to be passionate about it, because it can be mentally exhausting and if you don't have so much passion for it, you would definitely get burnt out on the long run

It's very possible to earn a living from writing. Many people are earning substantial amounts from writing about what they love. However you need to love writing and improve on your writing skills. For you to earn well from writing, you should channel your skills to guest writing or freelance writing. You'll earn better than just writing in paid forums.

Why not? Writing is a lucrative skills that fetches a lot of money if you know how to use it well. Asides, there are a lot of freelancing sites looking for talented writers and if you are sure you Fall within the category, then you should try them out.

Absolutely yes, you can depend on your writing for survival depending on one condition, and the condition is only if you are versatile on your work, taking for instance like writing in different platform to earn, but if you depend on writing on one platform alone definitely you can't survive with it.

That depends. If you have made money from writing before then you can calculate it against your expenses so whatever is left should tell you if you would be happy with what you are getting. And if you have not gotten anything from writing before you can try asking friends who are into writing. Cheers.

Well it will be difficult here in Nigeria because most writers are not that valued here, infact most of them writes for online sites just to earn cash but outside nigeria you might as a writer you just have to bring new things to the table, experiences, good stories, content writing even comics do pay off alot. As long as you are dedicated to what you doing then you are good to go.

If you are skilled writer with substantial knowledge in seo and digital marketing, you can earn a living as a writer. You can work as a blogger, offer writing services, write for article sites and generate residual income, or publish books..

We all need money to keep life moving and as a result of these we are all busy and occupied with our chosen careers. To make money first and then satisfy our passion for writing. I believe all writers are gifted.
Yes it's possible to survive with income that comes from writing. Your success however lies with how many books,or gigs you do get nd how fast you can finish one to be able to go to the next. Again you need to be good in writing,so that you can get many gigs day in day out . I hope yo

I did not advise people to depend on such as the main source of income because writing is something you can do as a side work no matter how profitable it may seems to be in your own way and concentrate on your daily work,sometimes to do writers always have good foundation on a freelance site and as a result of this their writing skills usually give them a reasonable amount of money each month because of the good foundation they have on this site, even with this I still do not advise it as the main work.
[automerge]1611243375[/automerge]
I did not advise people to depend on such as the main source of income because writing is something you can do as a side work no matter how profitable it may seems to be in your own way and concentrate on your daily work,sometimes to do writers always have good foundation on a freelance site and as a result of this their writing skills usually give them a reasonable amount of money each month because of the good foundation they have on this site, even with this I still do not advise it as the main work.

For one to depend solely on writing as a source of livelihood he or she should have been in the business for years and gained grounds.... The person must have also built connections that provide him with jobs that pay alot

Yes you can actually depends on your writing gig for survival of you are getting high rate of jobs on the skill per day. Another thing is you need to register on different freelancing Website like fiver and upwork because those are the places you can always get high rate of gig for your content writing job

It actually depends on what you write and which platform you write. Also, the kind of pay you make from writing will suggest if you could earn a living from writing or not. If your passion lies in writing then research into how to convert your passion to making good money.

You can actually depends on your writing career as your only source of income but you really need to work very hard to be recognised by a lot of people and try also as much as possible to gain the trust of people so that a lot of people can come in and do business with you, you can promote your writing skill on Instagram and Facebook and you can also have a Facebook page and try to ways keep your client in touch of whatever services you always have to render. I wish you the best

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds