Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can Business Organisations be Politically Inclined?

Definitely, they can be politically inclined and there are instances like that, also it depends too tho on the type of individual running the said business but most times that's the case

Advertisement Placeholder
That depends on the business itself and how it chooses to permit or disallow such discussions. But I see nothing wrong about that though so long as it doesn't interfere with one's work

Some business organisation might not really like the idea of partisan politics around their environment as they see it as a distraction from the purpose of their jobs there. But discussing politics on a lighter note shouldn't be a problem I think

Some business organisation might not really like the idea of partisan politics around their environment as they see it as a distraction from the purpose of their jobs there. But discussing politics on a lighter note shouldn't be a problem I think
There is a tv network here that was quite partisan in politics. When our current president took over the government he closed the tv network. It's more than a year now that ABS-CBN is closed and they cannot open it until our president is still in office. Next year there would be an election so the president will be replaced.

I believe that business men and companies should try to stay away from politics if they do not want to ruin their image. This is because getting into politics can damage their image. So I would never get into policts if I were a businessman or owned a company.
Most business organisations are politically inclined to the normally vote for the managers supervisors and departmental head but I don't think it's a good idea to involve policy is in place of business.

Political views are bound to be different from one person to another. So I think discusions on political issues in a business environment should not be what should get to the extent of fisticuffs, that's when it should be stamped out

I dont see anything wrong for an organization or company to discuss politics or be involved with politics as long as its not against the company policy then there is no issue.

Ambiguous goals. When the goals of a department or organization are ambiguous, more room is available for politics. As a result, members may pursue personal gain under the guise of pursuing organizational goals.
Limited resources. Politics surfaces when resources are scarce and allocation decisions must be made. If resources were ample, there would be no need to use politics to claim one’s “share.”
Changing technology and environment. In general, political behavior is increased when the nature of the internal technology is nonroutine and when the external environment is dynamic and complex. Under these conditions, ambiguity and uncertainty are increased, thereby triggering political behavior by groups interested in pursuing certain courses of action.
Nonprogrammed decisions. A distinction is made between programmed and nonprogrammed decisions. When decisions are not programmed, conditions surrounding the decision problem and the decision process are usually more ambiguous, which leaves room for political maneuvering. Programmed decisions, on the other hand, are typically specified in such detail that little room for maneuvering exists. Hence, we are likely to see more political behavior on major questions, such as long-range strategic planning decisions.
Organizational change. Periods of organizational change also present opportunities for political rather than rational behavior. Efforts to restructure a particular department, open a new division, introduce a new product line, and so forth, are invitations to all to join the political process as different factions and coalitions fight over territory.

It depends on the government and the fact is that if the government is the very strict and they discuss wrongly about the government ,then the business may be fined in somw countries

It depends on the government and the fact is that if the government is the very strict and they discuss wrongly about the government ,then the business may be fined in somw countries
It has become quite a common these days. Govt usually doesn't allow anyone accusing them. Govt has the power in hand, hence can do anything. So most of the business tries to be neutral as much as possible.

It has become quite a common these days. Govt usually doesn't allow anyone accusing them. Govt has the power in hand, hence can do anything. So most of the business tries to be neutral as much as possible.
Yeah many business can be just neutral and the government can take quick decision if any business tries to change or make policies that doesn't suit them i think

It depends on the type of organization that is involved. Some organization frowned against the discussion of political issues or topics by staff in their business premises to avoid being carried away from the motives of the business and not to encouraged political disparities among staff members.

It depends on the type of business but for your own good it is better for you not to be politically inclined as a business because it will affect how people will rate you and do business with you , especially the politically minded people.

Politics is something that has taken a lot of dimension and brings divide and as a business owner you will not want that so just stay calm instead

Patient if they share the same interest and are working towards achieving it in equity and sincerity so that it is natural kind of thing

Yes some big companies are politically inclined but they are not open about it in my country. This gives them a chance to take in policy making that will favour their businesses. One of the richest man in my country is inclined to the winning party and sponsor the opposite in passing through proxy.

Of course any and every business organization can be inclined to be politically affiliated to any political sides, there is no law that is against that anywhere. Only there is a limit to practice this in organizations

There is no problem in being politically inclined. In fact during elections, a lot of business sponsors the candidates. However, what creates a problem is when businesses start taking advantage from political connection.

There is no problem in being politically inclined. In fact during elections, a lot of business sponsors the candidates. However, what creates a problem is when businesses start taking advantage from political connection.
Yes. Even in our place also there are many politically funded business firms. As long as the businesses are not biased with its employees, everything is okay. The time when they start getting inclined to specific group, people will start complaining.

I wonder if political issues are allowed to be discussed by businesses or organisations.

Can this deter their image or personality as a brand? What's your take?
Political issues like any other issues can be discussed in any business environment. And there is no sanction on any employee for doing that. But it is not a place for campaigns either

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds