Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best way to deal with a toxic boss?

What is the best way to deal with a toxic boss? Dealing with a toxic boss can be hard, whatever industry you work in. Are there any tips on how to deal with a toxic boss in a workplace that the community could give me?
Patience is a great virtue, as well as being attentive to all responsibilities with diligence, should keep the working relationship on a good footing.

Advertisement Placeholder
Dealing with a boss can be very complicated to some extent and that is why I don't really think about it in my own case because my boss is just hell for me.

To be candid I really don't think there is any way you can deal with a toxic boss. In order for you not to find yourself in another problem that could turn into a police case the best thing you need to do is to leave the job
The best way to deal with a toxic boss is to always adhere to his rules and regulation and make sure that you don't fall victim.

Dealing with a toxic boss is emotionally draining, but I will advise that you study the boss and avoid those things that triggers his outbursts. Also one should be up and doing in the duties assigned to them,try to be punctual at all times, hardworking,add value to the organisation.

What is the best way to deal with a toxic boss? Dealing with a toxic boss can be hard, whatever industry you work in. Are there any tips on how to deal with a toxic boss in a workplace that the community could give me?
I guess the best way to deal with a toxic boss is to keep mute and look at him or her as a zombie whenever is yelling because the more you talk the more he or she we keep yelling and angry at you as well.

It depends on what way they are toxic and how much their toxicity affect your day-to-day work life. If you have to interact with them every day and that gives you a lot of stress, or they are violating your boundries, I honestly think it's best to look for a different workplace, if possible.
Sadly, a toxic boss can have an impact on the atmosphere of the entire workplace even when they are not there.

Toxic bosses are common no matter the type of business, in my opinion dealing with such people is having water on a duck's back attitude, if it's unbearable then it's time to move on, but learning the flaws of those you work with helps alot.

I just resigned from the business because I do not have the ability to be treated badly by people I am helping, if they're not comfortable with my service then I rather go to save myself from all the stress.

Dealing with a boss can be very complicated to some extent and that is why I don't really think about it in my own case because my boss is just hell for me.

Yes, you are right. It is really difficult to deal with a toxic boss. I have seen many people enduring the really harsh behavior of the boss at a place and I was a trainee at that place during that time. I quited that place after observing the behaviour of the boss at that place.

It can be very hard to deal with a toxic boss without getting frustrated. the only advice I will give such a person is to look for another working environment and quit from there.

You might just want to endure sometimes especially if you can't reach the top echelon of leadership or that your boss is the apex.
Sometimes your good attitude can make him have a rethink about maltreating you

When the boss is too intoxicated to work with, and you try to make him to be a good boss, and friendly to be with, and he never wants. The best will be resigning.

Toxic boss don't need someone to oppose them but someone who will support them all they way. They want everyone working under them to feel down and guilty all the time because that's just they way they are not the way they are brought up.they like to control your every move, You can't impress them easily especially if you are a messenger. They only way you can deal with a toxic boss is to mind your business and avoid making sily mistakes and always be focus when they are watching you.

I would like to share more tips but it will become a very big article.

Dealt with a toxic boss for a whole 3 months and I won't be repeating such ever again. It was demoralizing and sometimes looking back now, anger still fills me.

I don't have to argue with him just try and complete the task given to me and try to mind my own business and avoid unnecessary talk with him

Retaliating it getting back with words to your toxic boss whenever he is at it again only fuels the situation. You should always say quite and let him finish all his venting of his anger and talk. But see to it that you say nothing
You are right. A soft answer turns away anger or wrath. That is a good attitude to show to the toxic boss. All you have to do is to listen and not to retaliate. Because if you retaliate with bad words also its like putting off fire with fire. The fire then will be refueled. Water should be the solution.

I have had to deal with toxic boss many times. I continued working with a calm head as long as could. Once it became unbearable, I gave up the job and started looking for another job

I just resigned from the business because I do not have the ability to be treated badly by people I am helping, if they're not comfortable with my service then I rather go to save myself from all the stress.
It is not easy for a lot of people to resign from their job easily like that especially when they have dependants that they have to take care of or look after financially.

It is not easy for a lot of people to resign from their job easily like that especially when they have dependants that they have to take care of or look after financially.
That might be true but naturally we should not only depend on one source of income because if the manager know that we are completely dependent on their salary, they might even choose to treat us badly

To be candid I really don't think there is any way you can deal with a toxic boss. In order for you not to find yourself in another problem that could turn into a police case the best thing you need to do is to leave the job
I understand your point quite right , that leaving the job is the best possible solution in dealing with a toxic Boss, but there's no or limited job out there , I believe trying to avoid the toxic boss is the best .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds