Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being an entrepreneur: does it influence our decision making?

Being an entrepreneur, it will surely influence your decision making, an entrepreneur will always avoid spending money lavishly and unnecessarily. He will always plan ahead of his income and spendings

Advertisement Placeholder
@GoldenLady being an enterprenuer means you're a risk taker and problem solver. The more problem you solve the more profit you make💰. As an entrepreneur, you should always find solutions to the problem around you. You can't tell if that will be the beginning of your success story.

As an entrepreneur you have to be prepared to make decisions which might affect your business whether positively or negatively.

An entrepreneur most also be able to recognize opportunity for what they are and effectively use it to further propel the business further.

@Afeefah recognising opportunity and utilizing it to spur growth is one of the major things that differentiate top companies from startup. Most young entrepreneurs haven't realize that opportunity might come in form of problems.

Of course it does! Every entrepreneur is a decision maker. As an entrepreneur, you call the shots so you have to be careful before making any decisions. The business is yours, you know what you want and how to get it done. An employee might be careless in his/her approach to things but am entrepreneur cannot afford to do that because every little decision has a way of impacting the business positively or negatively.

Of course, it does. You learn how to be smarter and more alert. You also tend to consider a lot of factors, the positive and possibly negative consequences of everyday decisions both in the short run and in the future be for coming to a reasonable conclusion. This means, your plans can hardly fail.

Being
Personally, Yes. I always strive to get value for every $ spent.

I avoid negative people because they give negative energy, and negative energy will put you in a negative zone, and the negative zone will negatively affect you.

It motivated me much more to read and learn and implement various strategies in business
How does it influence your decisions?
Being an entrepreneur in the real sense aught to affect your decision making mechanism. As an entrepreneur, you need to know what you want and what you need at different times in other to succeed as an entrepreneur. At this point, you most plan before you spend and not spending at will, even social life will be curtailed.

It depends on the person and the mindset or environment in which a particular person was brought up. As an entrepreneur, every step you take and every decision you make is done with the move of business, you make decisions with your business mind. Every entrepreneur is a boss of of it's own and in other to be a boss you must make the right business decision.

Of course YEs! Why would someone be an entrepreneur in the first place if he/she cannot make decisions. Decision making should be first and foremost skill that any person getting into business has to acquire, master, and practice. There will be times that very difficult decision making opportunities will occur. They definitely will and if a wrong decision is made within few seconds, even the slightest of decisions, the business as a whole can be jeopardized.

Before becoming an entrepreneur, if you have worked under someone before, you might not have enough knowledge as to how cash flows in the business. The loss encountered might not affect you as a worker but having your own business, you will find out clearly that every wrong move made will affect your business and hence the zeal to make right decisions will dawn on you

Enterprenuership skills can also function as a life skill since most of the day we are at work and every decision we make at work is work oriented, we tend to apply such decision making methods to solve real life problems. SO

For me, being an entrepreneur has a huge impact in our decision making especially if you have been an entrepreneur in a long time. You will always decide base on your experience, you will have a better decisions in most situations.

@Mackoy30 Very true. Most experienced business men tend to be more analytical when they find themselves in such a situation that is not business motivated. To them it has become a way of life.

An Entrepreneurer decision is very crucial in his business since he manage and run a business in order to make profit. Before making any decision he must have evaluated the decision and look for the possible outcome of his decision. The decision taking by an entrepreneurer can lead to the success of the organisation and may lead to the down fall of the organisation. So his decision has a lot of influence in the organisation.

It is a common thing in entrepreneurship. Your decision making are being influenced by who you are. You don't want to go to night clubs and lavish money on drinking with friends when you know that you could use that same money to support your business. And if you are not an entrepreneur, you may want to lavish that same money in drinking.

Yes of course ,being entrepreneurs with a good set of values that they also delivered can be a good influencer in your decision making. It will also affect how you see things then, but now of course with a different mindset. Its good to have a better mindset when it comes to make a decision.

Whatever mindset you develop will always affect the decision you make in life. If someone is spend thrift he or she will see no point in saving money. The same goes for someone with entrepreneur or investor mindset. The person will always want to make most of every penny he or she spends. Frivolity is not in such person's vocabulary.

@kayode10 I understand but sometimes you will have to let some things slide. I wouldn't want to make my friends feel somehow when negotiating. Most of them don't know that for every $ value spent there must be a corresponding value received and it must be equal for me.

I avoid negative people because they give negative energy, and negative energy will put you in a negative zone, and the negative zone will negatively affect you.

It motivated me much more to read and learn and implement various strategies in business
The mentality of you founding for yourself and to enlarge your business, the way you think, the way you look for solutions and so on like that. Makes you different and you look more responsible to people around you. Respect will be there self

Being an Entrepreneur has changed the way I think, it has made me stronger, resilient and patient. Even in handling people my emotional intelligence really improved, it also made me rely on my instincts because most times you have to make decisions on your own.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds