Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being an entrepreneur: does it influence our decision making?

Being an entrepreneur it will influence your decision, decisions making from the onset always come from the mind from the human, as entrepreneur you need to plan about your business and how you can run your business,

Advertisement Placeholder
As an entrepreneur you have to make difficult decisions on a daily basis. Those decisions can make or break the future of your business – so, if you don't have the right decision making process you'll put your business at risk. ... So, it's important to get a good decision making process down

Personally, Yes. I always strive to get value for every $ spent.

I avoid negative people because they give negative energy, and negative energy will put you in a negative zone, and the negative zone will negatively affect you.

It motivated me much more to read and learn and implement various strategies in business
How does it influence your decisions?
It has helped me in decision making, I also don't waste my time doing unproductive things. I find ways to be better in what I do, I don't get into fights or heated arguments anymore. I feel like my life has a purpose.

Being an entrepreneur is always going to be a part of yourself. You start to think differently and see things that are related to finances and money differently. When you are involved in a casual business transaction say between your friends, the entrepreneurial side of you will want to get the best value for the deal.
Very true, but most of my friends interpret it as something else. Some think i'm being too economical or frugal with my spendings but I'm just being rational. Sometimes I do let some things slide especially when negotiating prices so as not to look un serious to the other party.

It affects your decision making a lot, especially when it comes to prudence in spending money. You become careful and accountable for every penny you spend. You have to see everything as an opportunity.

It affects your decision making a lot, especially when it comes to prudence in spending money. You become careful and accountable for every penny you spend. You have to see everything as an opportunity.
Very true, and that affects the way we make critical analysis of every product to be acquired for a project having seen the cost accountant report. Being accountable to the superiors sometimes make one overwhelmed by the pressure to deliver
[automerge]1610254883[/automerge]
As an entrepreneur you have to make difficult decisions on a daily basis. Those decisions can make or break the future of your business – so, if you don't have the right decision making process you'll put your business at risk. ... So, it's important to get a good decision making process down
That's the simple truth! But being ready financially and mentally to make such decisions sometimes requires experience and a bit of luck. Sometimes it might not be obvious to your associates to see reasons to support your decisions on a particular project, but with your instinct to stick with the decision whether you are being supported or not requires some guts.
[automerge]1610254968[/automerge]
That's the simple truth! But being ready financially and mentally to make such decisions sometimes requires experience and a bit of luck. Sometimes it might not be obvious to your associates to see reasons to support your decisions on a particular project, but with your instinct to stick with the decision whether you are being supported or not requires some guts.

Last edited:
Yes, it has affected our daily decision making. I mean Positively, taking life and business decision as an entrepreneur has helped many become disciplined about the way they spend and also help us give account of how we spent out daily income. That's a nice change to me.

Yes, it has affected our daily decision making. I mean Positively, taking life and business decision as an entrepreneur has helped many become disciplined about the way they spend and also help us give account of how we spent out daily income. That's a nice change to me.
That's the reason I give kudos to those from the Eastern region in my country. Due to their culture and understanding of business, they never mix business with relation. They understand the concept of business as it own entity and never let that get involved with family dealings.

Being an entrepreneur is not a an easy task,this causes us to be very conscious of our decision making. Yes being an entrepreneur influences our decision making a lot if not always.

I know what it takes to sail a business to the peakk. It all involves critical analysis of our decisions most of tend to be afraid of failing by making the wrong decisions when it matters the most. If you truly know you want to be successful in any business you shouldn't be afraid of making few mistakes when it comes to decision making but always learn from it.

Yes, it will surely affect your decision making, our value system affect the kind of financial decision we make, the financial decision a businessman will make will surely be different from that of a footballer or a musician.

The best thing that has ever happened to me is being an entrepreneur. I so much love it to the extent that whenever I am taking money decisions, I weigh gains that come with me. I don't just go about being wasteful with money because I know that's how one become poor pretty quick.

@Henrywrites I get your point in totality. Being an entrepreneur doesn't even give me the room to entertain time wasters. If i'm to meet a client or prospective I meet up with them to achieve the aim of reaching an agreement if not an agreement for the business I have in mind, I make sure to establish a relationship that will lead to business in the nearest future.

It depends on the person and the mindset or environment in which a particular person grew up. For me, it doesn't, but for some people it sure does, just as you said, I see some of the entrepreneurs and they try to get value out of everything or every transaction they make, which might not be really helpful at all times.

It depends on the person and the mindset or environment in which a particular person grew up. For me, it doesn't, but for some people it sure does, just as you said, I see some of the entrepreneurs and they try to get value out of everything or every transaction they make, which might not be really helpful at all times.
You're sure right. Some people will paint being an entrepreneur as though it's a field that encourages being stingy. Many a time I see people saying they don't want to spend money lavishly in the sense that they suffer themselves. They will never want to go for what their body system craves for.

Being an enterprenuer makes decision making faster and easier to do because you are the only one in charge of the business. The consequences of the decisions that you make stays with you so you have to make sound and logical decisions for your business.

Yeah it has its perks, just like being a scientist makes you question everything around you, being an entrepreneur makes you see a business opportunity everytime, you might be in a social gathering and all of a sudden you are pitching a business idea to a friend or colleague.

What I've noticed about entrepreneurship is that it requires solving problems, a lot of them.

Solving these problems will lead to making decisions, and over time, you gain experience and become better at decision making.

There are several important factors that influence decision making. Significant factors include past experiences, a variety of cognitive biases, an escalation of commitment and sunk outcomes, individual differences, including age and socioeconomic status, and a belief in personal relevance.

being an entrepreneur is capable of influencing our decision because you have learnt in one way or the other on how to solely maintain a business and this is capable of guiding and influencing your decision making positively

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds