Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Beauty salon or Barbers

In my country, men's salons are called barbershops or barber shops, and women's salons, as you describe them, are called beauty salons. It is very true depending on the area, you must take into account the target audience and according to the result take the right decision.
That's what they also called them here in Nigeria, we called women shop beauty saloons and men's barbing saloon, but there are some shops that has both and they called it unisex, the combination of barber and beauty saloons.

Advertisement Placeholder
That's what they also called them here in Nigeria, we called women shop beauty saloons and men's barbing saloon, but there are some shops that has both and they called it unisex, the combination of barber and beauty saloons.
Yes, the way it works in my country, but to set up a unisex business you need more capital, which makes it difficult for me. The other way is to become a partner, which I don't really like. But instead of choosing between barbershop or beauty salon, I can make the unisex decision, it would be more profitable.

Location does play a crucial role when it comes to running a barber shop. Most of the barber shops in my city are located in main markets where there are a lot of people and barber shop owners can find a lot of cutomers. I really do not think that a barber shop can run at a desolated place.
Yiu have said it right. A barber shop that very far from population, customers would find it hard to go there regularly. No matter how good their services are, they may not be able to cope at all with it and would have to look for other places

In my country I will see the choice of this is divided depending on the purpose and profit. You will find many barbers in my country and a few beauty salon but when it comes to making money, we all know that ladies need a lot of money to make hair which makes salon very lucrative but in terms of patronage barbing saloons are much more in number than beauty salon

Yes, the way it works in my country, but to set up a unisex business you need more capital, which makes it difficult for me. The other way is to become a partner, which I don't really like. But instead of choosing between barbershop or beauty salon, I can make the unisex decision, it would be more profitable.
Settingup a unisex saloon is very good and you will have more customer both male and females but you need a good amount of capital to make it looks good and inviting for more customers to patronise you.

In my country I will see the choice of this is divided depending on the purpose and profit. You will find many barbers in my country and a few beauty salon but when it comes to making money, we all know that ladies need a lot of money to make hair which makes salon very lucrative but in terms of patronage barbing saloons are much more in number than beauty salon
I especially liked your opinion, as it is well broken down, there are more hairdressers than beauty salons, but if we talk about benefits it is better to opt for the second one, as women spend more money than men. Is this correct?
Settingup a unisex saloon is very good and you will have more customer both male and females but you need a good amount of capital to make it looks good and inviting for more customers to patronise you.
That's exactly what I mean, in unisex salons it is more capital intensive. However I would love to try it in the future, I think for now the option will be a single service, either hair salon or beauty salon.

I think in my country beauty salon is more profitable especially when you look at it in an environment where there are a lot of female like universities.

I think in my country beauty salon is more profitable especially when you look at it in an environment where there are a lot of female like universities.
I hadn't thought about the possibility of a beauty salon in the vicinity of a university. I think it is an excellent idea, as long as it is well marketed, for those women who live nearby in student housing.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of a beauty salon in the vicinity of a university. I think it is an excellent idea, as long as it is well marketed, for those women who live nearby in student housing.
Yes it is a very good idea and a lot of people are making money from it. A beauty salon near a University environment I really fetch you a lot of money.

I have always dreamed of an app where one can order for all this kind of services without going to the shop. It is still an idea that I plan to develop in coming years.

Yes it is a very good idea and a lot of people are making money from it. A beauty salon near a University environment I really fetch you a lot of money.
Ah very good, I'm glad to have this important information, in the capital which is where I live there are several universities and I can investigate in their environment, and make an evaluation of potential customers.
I have always dreamed of an app where one can order for all this kind of services without going to the shop. It is still an idea that I plan to develop in coming years.
This would be great, because with an app, it is easier to request hairdressing services without having to travel to the salon. I hope you can make your dream come true.

I write this thread, because in my country they are different businesses. I want to know how profitable it is in your country and if they are different businesses. In my country, Beauty Salons are businesses where both ladies and gentlemen go to cost their hair, comb it, perform hair grafts with professional stylists.
In the case of barbershops, it is usually only for men, where haircuts, beards, mustaches and the like are made.
How does it work in your country? What is so profitable?
It's called unisex Salon over here, male and female can come to beautify themselves, and yes it's a very profitable and lucrative business in my country.

It's called unisex Salon over here, male and female can come to beautify themselves, and yes it's a very profitable and lucrative business in my country.
In other words, do these types of services not exist separately? This is a good thing, since they don't have to travel long distances to get their hair done, since both men and women are treated in any "unisex salon". After the opinion of a member I am evaluating the possibility of starting a similar one.

In other words, do these types of services not exist separately? This is a good thing, since they don't have to travel long distances to get their hair done, since both men and women are treated in any "unisex salon". After the opinion of a member I am evaluating the possibility of starting a similar one.
We also have salons that are not unisex, not all salons are unisex in my country. Some people start just barbing salon which is for male alone while there are some who open hairdressing salon which is for the female.

In my country , there is a great demand to look good at the hair aspect and you are going to make more money if you go into women hair dressing and is good at it.

There is a big difference between the two of them and a beauty salon are mostly used by the women because they are the one that are interested in complicated fashion, men are only interested in a normal barbing salon.

We also have salons that are not unisex, not all salons are unisex in my country. Some people start just barbing salon which is for male alone while there are some who open hairdressing salon which is for the female.
Ah ok I understand, I think that for people with limited resources they can start with one of the two services and in a short time with a good management, they can expand the business and create a "unisex hairdressing salon".

In all honesty saloons are really making it because women cosmetics and their products are very very expensive and women patronized them alot

Ah ok I understand, I think that for people with limited resources they can start with one of the two services and in a short time with a good management, they can expand the business and create a "unisex hairdressing salon".
Very right, this is a good idea for people who wants to start the two but couldn't because of money. But let me tell you that some people just prefer to have just one instead of the two.

How about a beauty and also a barbing saloon, it would be like killing two birds with one stone as that would generate profit from the two sides there in the area chosen.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds