Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

As a business owner: Is it wise to quit your company after making mistakes?

A business man or woman shouldn't consider giving up after making mistake in a business. He or she should learn from the mistake and Progress's in his or her business. Though, a lot of people can not mistake especially when it is a disappointment but as human we tend to make mistake but if we look forward to achieve our aim in business, the mistake will rather become a stepping stone not a stumbling block. But there is the need for accurate record of our failure and this should include the cause of the failure or mistake so that we strategize a way to overcome this and prevent reoccurrence

Advertisement Placeholder
If you must be successful in business, you must be persistent enough.

Most entrepreneurs that quit easily blame it on so many things like luck, bad timing, Greener Pastures and unrealistic goals.

Some entrepreneurs want a smooth ride to success not even thinking about a backup plan if they fail.

Do you see yourself quitting your business anytime soon?

You made a lot of sense, but don't forget that there are times that you need to halt and review what is working and what is not working in your business. That is the time that you can assess areas that need improvement and in some cases, this period will be longer which will make onlookers to feel that you've quit.

A business man or woman shouldn't consider giving up after making mistake in a business. He or she should learn from the mistake and Progress's in his or her business. Though, a lot of people can not mistake especially when it is a disappointment but as human we tend to make mistake but if we look forward to achieve our aim in business, the mistake will rather become a stepping stone not a stumbling block. But there is the need for accurate record of our failure and this should include the cause of the failure or mistake so that we strategize a way to overcome this and prevent reoccurrence

mistakes were never a reason to leave something, if it was, lot of people could leave schools because it's the place where we learn the basics of everything, instead, we can see mistakes always as a positive thing to learn from

Persistence is key when it comes to running a business. One would always make mistake in business but it does not mean we should quit for every mistake that is being made. The mistakes are made so that we can learn from them as business owners.

Quitting your business because of a mistake is the dumpest thing you should do as an entrepreneur, why should you, identify your mistakes, correct them, move on with the business , no body is above mistake

For you to be successful in life, you must make so many mistakes, we are all human being and nobody is perfect. You don't have to quit your business because you made a mistake. Mistake is part of life and a human must make mistake. Just find a way to correct that mistake and make sure it never happened again

Can i just say mistakes are inevitable in our daily activities not to talk of in running a business.
Why will you quit because of a mistake? In my opinion, i think quitting after a mistake can be your greatest mistake. The right attitude to mistakes is to learn from them and move on especially when running your own business. Remember, winners never quit and quitters never win.

No you can't quit because quiters never win. So many businesses with success stories had mistake and some several mistakes meaning failing severally but never quit but strive harder and succeeds at last. No matter how challenging and difficult a situation maybe giving up is never a solution

If you must be successful in business, you must be persistent enough.

Most entrepreneurs that quit easily blame it on so many things like luck, bad timing, Greener Pastures and unrealistic goals.

Some entrepreneurs want a smooth ride to success not even thinking about a backup plan if they fail.

Do you see yourself quitting your business anytime soon?
I see no reason why I should quit my business because of my mistake or something,even the most richest man in earth which is also a business man as well can never say he never made or still making business in his business till now but not quitting is the best part of the owner of a business..so I will never quit because I don't want to be a loser ...

Making mistakes is part of human lives as we are not created to be perfect. Now as a business if you see that you made a mistake with an investment or Business, the best you could do for yourself is to restrategize and move on

As an entrepreneur and a good business man/woman, its not proper to quit your business you built with your sweat when you make mistakes, instead the proper thing is to look back, realises your mistakes, make amend and struggle to let the business starts running again.

Nobody is perfect at making decisions we are all trying our best. Decision making is one of the most difficult thing to do. No mistake is too big for u to quite you business. I am hoping that I will learn more from this topic when I read other comments in this thread. Thank you for opening this good topic for me to learn more about it.

Giving up is never an option. I can't quit my business because of a little struggle or initial challenges that comes in business atimes. When you remember the reason why you started, you will know that giving up is never an option. The right option is to keep moving forward no matter the circumstances.

To be sure I know business person who quit on their business from the get-go due to cultural pressing factor, and on the grounds that the business appears to be extremely requesting. I think it vital that as an entrepreneur you have the essential strength and consistency.

There are various reasons why a business owner may quit a business, what is expected of such person is to identify the mistakes or issues that led to a serious decline in the business then restrategize on correcting these mistakes, businesses that run down or quit functioning do that due to the high debt level they have and lack of available resources.

As a business owner quit your company because of mistake isn't the right and best decision to solve whatever the problems are but appointing a director or Manager I think will be the right decision to take in this regards because I believe there are dreams and ambition towards the business, and the business is solving some problems in the world of business so if you decide to quit the business, that means you are quitting the solution to people's problem.
[automerge]1613235205[/automerge]
As a business owner quit your company because of mistake isn't the right and best decision to solve whatever the problems are but appointing a director or Manager I think will be the right decision to take in this regards because I believe there are dreams and ambition towards the business, and the business is solving some problems in the world of business so if you decide to quit the business, that means you are quitting the solution to people's problem.

Not at all. I am a very persistent person, when I set a goal I don't rest until I reach it. I am known for keeping my mind positive despite failures, I try as many times as necessary. In the case of business failure, you should only look for the mistake and correct it, then move forward.

An company will fire you in most situations and stop paying you directly after they give notice. This is because most workers are treated as working at will, which means that the employer may fire you for no reason at any time (with a few exceptions).
@Muhammadawais really! I would like you to throw more light on your comment on what gives the employer the right to sack an employee for no reason. I wouldn't want to assume that the worker is a contract staff. Your response will shape my next question. kindly quote me with your response, I look forward to hear from you.
[automerge]1613236631[/automerge]
Not at all. I am a very persistent person, when I set a goal I don't rest until I reach it. I am known for keeping my mind positive despite failures, I try as many times as necessary. In the case of business failure, you should only look for the mistake and correct it, then move forward.
@Sariana23 correcting mistakes after failing is very important because it makes us learn the real cause of failure and how to correct it. I also agree with you in totality when you mentioned having positive mind despite failing, it helps pick the positivity in the failure and move on. such positivity will spur you moving forward.

Last edited:
One key factor that separates an entrepreneur from the rest is persistent, without you will quit before you even set sail. It has to be a passion, it has to be your life.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds