Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are there any difference between sales and marketing department of a company?

In my opinion, I feel both the selas and marketing department are should be the same. There is no difference in the department as the unit is one. They ought to work hand in hand.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is just a slight difference if there is at all. The sales department are incharge of the demands and supply of goods while the marketing department are incharge of promoting the product

I believe that the sales department handle sales of products while the marketing make sure that products are well advertised and sales rate increase.

There are still difference between thr sales and marketing department ,the sales department have majority function like focusing more on the sales unit of the business

Yes there a difference. Sales department makes sure that the product reaches the clients and money is generated, but as for marketing department it makes sure the product is know, priced, planned and customer's needs are met and satisfied.

sales is the result of marketing. marketing and sales are interlinked because there will be no sales without marketing, however, sales and marketing are two different departments.

To my understanding, I think most of the organization combines this two department because they are simply interwoven to each other in operation. There is only a slight difference I suppose

sales and marketing department in a company are almost the same thing most companies have sales department while the company will have marketing department both of them interchange each other because they perform almost the same function.

Definitely there is a difference between the two, they might similar no doubt but they aren't the same, marketing is more of giving exposure and awareness to a new product perhaps while sales goes further from where the marketing teams stops

Well from my own perspective I think they’re the same. Sales department deals with boosting sales and devising ways to market goods and this is the same for marketing. From my experience I believe the two is always combined as a section in a company
The both are actually under the same umbrella, most companies call it sales and marketing team, as they like to differentiate the tasks of both teams.

There is actually a significant difference between them . the marketing is tasked with persuading the public to buy from them while the sales is where the real buying is.

Definitely there is a difference between the two, they might similar no doubt but they aren't the same, marketing is more of giving exposure and awareness to a new product perhaps while sales goes further from where the marketing teams stops
There are small companies which do not differentiate marketing and sales. They think that both are the same so they just have the department called Sales and Marketing. For me, marketing is the exposure of the business to the public of any means. The actual selling is handled by the sales department.

There is a general consensus that sales is that department in a company that is in charge of boosting the sales of a company while marketing is also a department that is meant to improve the sales of a business.
Knowing these two, are there difference between them or they mean the same thing?
I believe there is a difference between the two jobs but at the same time it can be done by one department. I have seen companies that have the department sales and capital.

Sales department normally focuses on sales only. The more the sale of a product better is their performance. Where as marketing department promote the product so as to make it a brand, obviously sales figure matters here too.

Yes definetly sales is where u are communicating with client and sell him product and marketing is where you are letting people know about your product and provide them knowledge to increase your sale
Sale Refers to All Activities that Lead to the Selling of Goods and service is When can you say what about marketing? Marketing Department Is Responsible For Running Companies to attract People to the business and Brand Products & Services.

The term, sales, refers to all activities that lead to the selling of goods and services. And marketing is the process of getting people interested in the goods and services being sold. ... Marketing departments are responsible for running campaigns to attract people to the business' brand, product, or service.

I believe there is a difference between the two jobs but at the same time it can be done by one department. I have seen companies that have the department sales and capital.
Well I have come to realise that there are some difference in between them and the signs that the sales department ensures that there is sales within the organisation while the marketing department is tasked with going outside the organisation to get sales for the organisation.

There are small companies which do not differentiate marketing and sales. They think that both are the same so they just have the department called Sales and Marketing. For me, marketing is the exposure of the business to the public of any means. The actual selling is handled by the sales department.
Indeed there are some companies like that, I don't know maybe it's down to ignorance or down to budget but either way i think the output would be minimal compared to when the department are split

Usually, the sales and marketing department is the same in many companies. However, I am not sure if there are some companies where the departments are different. There might be some companies out there but usually marketing department also handles and monitors the sales.

The term, sales, refers to all activities that lead to the selling of goods and services. And marketing is the process of getting people interested in the goods and services being sold. ... Marketing departments are responsible for running campaigns to attract people to the business' brand, product, or service
You are very correct and I loved your simple analysis of the two terms. People used the two words interchangeably to mean the same thing but they do not really mean the same. Marketing is getting people to know about the details of your products while sales is exchanging the products for money to prospective customers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds