Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are there any difference between sales and marketing department of a company?

Sometimes the two departments very important today organizations search that the walk hand-in-hand and did always do great jobs

Advertisement Placeholder
Those who are into marketing are the ones who makes sales possible via the company online or offline. They make sure the business products are being purchased.

There is a different between sales and marketing of a business, the sales department is more concern about getting the goods to the customers while the marketing department helps in the promotion of the goods.

As a department, I don't think both do have much difference but I think the marketing department is there to promote the goods and services the company has to offer while the sales department attained to potential customers and ensure that the product reaches their doorstep

No matter how people try to distinct them I don't see too much difference, marketing is responsible for sales and I can also say they are one and the same thing

I stand to be corrected and I want to believe that there's a big difference between Sales and Marketing Department of a company. Marketing Dept will advertise the product and services and probably sell while Sales Dept will completely be in charge of all the company's sells.

Both of them can be placed under the sales department because the aim of marketing is to make sales, all marketing team members should be involved in sales as well, since the main goal is to make sales, therefore both can fit into the sales department for effectiveness.

There is a big difference between sales and marketing department. Sales department has to do with the process of selling and distribution of goods to customers while marketing department is concerned with the promotion and advertisement of the goods.

Definitely there is this two site have different function,sale department work basically to sell goods to customers,when a marketing department brings about advertisement of the product,they create awareness of the goods

The marketing department is basically the department that overseas the promotion of the company's brand. The sales department overseas the turnover rate of the company.

Both departments usually exist hand in hand but their roles are slightly different, though related. The marketing department is mainly concerned with advertising or promoting sales and business.

Truely this two groups are different even if they have similarities,though they can be of same department but not having same function

There is a general consensus that sales is that department in a company that is in charge of boosting the sales of a company while marketing is also a department that is meant to improve the sales of a business.
Knowing these two, are there difference between them or they mean the same thing?
Small companies have a way of combining the two departments, but in big companies, the departments are usually separate perhaps to specify duties.
The two departments are alike. Marketing is a way of improving sales.

Of course there is a difference between the two because the sales department has to do with the amount of sales you make in a day and all that,I don't really know much about it

There might be a slight difference because in most cases, the two always work hand in hand. Sales department would be primarily concerned with the selling of products and services to customers while marketing would deal with creating awareness and prospecting would be clients of the said products

Depends on the size of the company. However both of them work hand in hand , and I think some companies even tag it as 'sales and marketing' department. So basically we can't have one without the other. They work hand in hand to ensure successful sales of the company's products.

I honestly do not think that there is any difference between sales and marketing departments as these two have similar roles to play in the success of any business at all.

I believe that there is a sale and marketing department , the sell department manage all the resources profits, lost and keep record of every sales and transaction that is happening in the business.. marketing department may takes care of the advertising aspects of a business.

The sales department is interested in getting the goods to the customers in exchange for money while the marketing department creates awareness about the products to the customers .

Personally from my understanding about the importance of the sales department and the marketing department in a company is that the marketing department will have to be successful in their job before the sales department can actually do theirs.
The two department have some kind of similarity in terms of roles and functions.The awareness or sensitising a target market needs to be done inother for the ground work of the sales department to be a bit easier to succeded.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds