Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are there any difference between sales and marketing department of a company?

Marketing department will always be the one to deal with advertising of the business. Promotion of the business products or services across different social media and channels. In some business organisation the marketing departments can also take part sales.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is a general consensus that sales is that department in a company that is in charge of boosting the sales of a company while marketing is also a department that is meant to improve the sales of a business.
Knowing these two, are there difference between them or they mean the same thing?
There are definitelly a lot od difference,because in marketing they usually project the the image of the brand and the company as well as the products,while the sales involves the exchange of these goods with cash.

There are definitelly a lot od difference,because in marketing they usually project the the image of the brand and the company as well as the products,while the sales involves the exchange of these goods with cash.
Over here I understand the marketing department to be a department in a business organisation that deals with product marketing such as marketing campaign, advertisement and others. The sales department deals with the amount of product and services to be sold at a particular period of time and they also deal with keeping records of what they have sold at a particular season or time .

Over here I understand the marketing department to be a department in a business organisation that deals with product marketing such as marketing campaign, advertisement and others. The sales department deals with the amount of product and services to be sold at a particular period of time and they also deal with keeping records of what they have sold at a particular season or time .
Definitelly,they work in synergy and they are really the focal point of any organisation,because if the customers are not coming or being reached,then sales will drop and the business will start going down.

Definitelly,they work in synergy and they are really the focal point of any organisation,because if the customers are not coming or being reached,then sales will drop and the business will start going down.
That is the reason some business have to select out the marketing department and also the selling department just to make sure that everything is well organize. This is the best way and is usually observed in standard business organisation.

Marketing department in an organisation is where you market your product and make it known to people who doesn't know about the product before and sales department deals with the sellings of the product .

There is a general consensus that sales is that department in a company that is in charge of boosting the sales of a company while marketing is also a department that is meant to improve the sales of a business.
Knowing these two, are there difference between them or they mean the same thing?
The sales department ensure the distribution and retail of the products to customers while the marketing department deals with the advertising of the product through various means to attract potential customers

The sales department ensure the distribution and retail of the products to customers while the marketing department deals with the advertising of the product through various means to attract potential customers

I think that marketing department is an important unit of the sales department in a company. Both of them are related to each other and this is the main reason why both of them are inseparable.

I think that marketing department is an important unit of the sales department in a company. Both of them are related to each other and this is the main reason why both of them are inseparable.
I think both of the departments are places at work that can be intertwined and more or less perform the same functions. The difference between them is quite and this accounts for both of them being inseparable in a workplace

While the lines of distinction between smaller companies remain blurred, sales and marketing work as separate functional departments in every major corporation in the world. The importance of these departments is self-evident, considering they are solely responsible for accomplishing any business’s primary task.

I think there's a thin line between sales department and marketing department. Their difference is the work they are doing. The major work of sales department is to sell the company product. While marketing department is to create awareness about the company, advertise the company product and try to win new customers for the company. Some marketing department may perform the role sales department and vice versa.

The main difference is that professionals in marketing department target customers who maybe interested in buying a product or service while those in sales department make the transaction and sell the product or service.

The sales and the markting depertment in an organisation are two different department,the marketing department is sadle with the responsibility of creating awareness and bringing in more customers to the business,while sales involves product exchange for cash and financial records of sales.

The marketing department are always in charge of advertising department , they let people know what the company is up to by marketing the product all around while the sales department is just to sell the product .

I don't really think there's any big difference between the two although they are not exactly the same although a company can join the two to be in one department.
Marketing department handle issues like advertising the company's products while the sales department is deals with issues like transportation an ordered product to the final consumer.

Sales department deals with boosting sales and devising ways to market goods and this is the same for marketing. From my experience I believe the two is always combined as a section in a company

I think both are the same but some big companies separate these two departments because they need more staff in this field so they divide it in sales department and marketing department.

While the sales department's sole responsibility is to sell products, the marketing department is always in charge of the advertising department and is responsible for informing the public of the company's activities.

The majority of businesses in my area don't differentiate between their sales and marketing departments because, in my opinion, they perform essentially the same tasks. I am not personally aware of any distinctions between them.

Put simply, marketing builds awareness and attracts leads to your business.Sales convert those leads into paying customers. Businesses need to use a holistic, collaborative approach that involves both departments working together to reach common goals.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds