Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are sick employees paid?

Suba

Mythical member
Credits
Each country will of course have different labor rules, but not all companies include all their employees in the Social Security for Workers (Insurance), so many employees are sick, who lack medical expenses, If you were an entrepreneur would you still pay your employees?

Advertisement Placeholder
Falling sick can be considered as one of the things that you cannot really control .
and employee should always be giving a paid sick leave up to a certain amount of days. You should be able to help him to pay for his medical bills.

Yes of course, when you let your company to know on time that you are not feeling fine, when the month ends them will actually pay you depending the organization you find yourself.

I'd still pay them if they have been diligent at work and the cause of the sickness is what's beyond their control - say work related stress or the likes.
Though on the overall, I fell it'll be good to pay sick employees to motivate or prove that you care for them.

If I happen to have a business of my own where I have workers under me, I would definitely make provisions for the sick. Sickness is not something planned for, so even if I do not pay them the whole salary, there should be a little provision for them.

Of course sick employees deserve payments just like every other staff. Sick employees deserve all the support they can get because illnesses are natural and it can happen to anyone.

Each country will of course have different labor rules, but not all companies include all their employees in the Social Security for Workers (Insurance), so many employees are sick, who lack medical expenses, If you were an entrepreneur would you still pay your employees?
I think it depends on the sector or organization. The government would pay sick workers their salaries monthly. But some organisations would not.
The organization where I work would not pay a sick staff if he or she absents him or herself from work.

I would say this depend on the company if a person is working for at present. if it has been stated in the job contract that the person will only get paid when they work, the company is not going to pay them when they are absent due to sickness.

Well. I think it depends on company policies. There are lots of company that offer health insurance benefits, if I were an employer, I think I might offer the same benefits.

In my home county, whether you are working in a government agency or private agency, you get a sick leave. While government agency gives you longer sick leave, private agency gives you shorter leave.

Yes, in most companies provided that the employee(s) are still in contract with their employers irrespective of their current health status because the contract is an agreement.

It depends on the company that you are in. Here in my country, most companies will still pay you even if you are on a sick leave. So as long as you are still in their contract and you inform them about your sick leave, you will get your full pay.

Falling sick in most cases is natural and cannot be stopped entirely. Due to this phenomenon, government jobs still pay their workers but in private sectors, some agencies deduct some little amounts for the number of days the 'sick staff' is away from work while other private sectors still pay completely.

I think so. Sick employees can be paid. As the matter of fact right now I am very sick. It's easy to be trebly and still be working. But a believe most of the companies won't take that.

So sad most employers in my country don't have health insurance for their workers and some don't even have pension saving account in thier place of work. Even the Labour union and government are not helping matters to stop it.

Sick employees are only paid in government parastatals but in private organisation, it's only a pinch out of the crowd organisations that pay their sick employees but proper documentation would be emphasized.

Most private firm do not even consider the health of their workers they are only after their own growth,sick people should be paid here it is only the government firm that pays the sick people

As an entrepreneur, I often encounter this and it's not new. Basically, I will not deprive the employee his/her pay. I would even pay for the medications. That's what I have been doing as an entrepreneurs.

So sad most employers in my country don't have health insurance for their workers and some don't even have pension saving account in thier place of work. Even the Labour union and government are not helping matters to stop it.
In many third countries, in my country, private employees in small companies are not covered by insurance, so if sick, the employer will only pay 50% of the salary in the first month, the second and third months are only given 25% of their salary, then left, only the participation of the fellow employees. governments in many third countries should take immediate action requiring every employee to take insurance.

Getting sick while still in employment is normal, people take sick leave. But the only thing is that if the sickness has kept the person out of the work place for a very long time then it will be best for such person to resign so as not to give room for termination of employment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds