Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are sick employees paid?

Yes they can be paid but it depends on the working organisation and also the kind of sickness the victim suffered from. There are some sickness that happen by carelessness and intentional and such can not be tolerated.

Advertisement Placeholder
Sick employees normally should get paid at the end of the month since its not his or her fault getting sick but it actually depend on how lenient the organisation the employees is working for might be

I make sure to pay any of my employees who is is sick. I will not deduct the amount that is commensurate to the days that he missed at work from his salary. That is what I do on my offline business.

In my own country or let me say my own working environment , so far you at really sick and you are not faking the sickness, there's every possibilities that you will get paid.

This is something that is going to be greatly dependent on the people who are handling the human resources department. On an ideal situation illness it's part of life and as such people should be paid.

If you take time off from work due to illness, you might be entitled to sick pay. There are two types of sick pay; company sick pay (also called contractual or occupational sick pay) Statutory Sick Pay If your employer runs their own sick pay scheme it is a company sick pay scheme and you should be paid what you are due under that.

In the public sectors , there staffs working here would be paid their full salary and even given enough medical attention. With the private sector, receiving the full salary is not guaranteed.

If you take time off from work due to illness, you might be entitled to sick pay. There are two types of sick pay; company sick pay (also called contractual or occupational sick pay) Statutory Sick Pay If your employer runs their own sick pay scheme it is a company sick pay scheme and you should be paid what you are due under that.
There are organisations that always have special treatment for their sick employers , son far they are working diligently when there are in the actual service.

These rules are quite difficult over here to be kept by business owners to pay their employees even when they are sick. The reason is because the government has not organised to make these things easier through insurance. Personally as an employers, I could pay but this will depend on so many things like the duration of time.

In the public sectors , there staffs working here would be paid their full salary and even given enough medical attention. With the private sector, receiving the full salary is not guaranteed.
When talking about the public sector working environment , most sick employee are paid because the money and the company is government properties, I have seen a sick government workers getting paid full for five years.

Yes they do because it is normal to get sick. I think most jobs do that but I can't speak for all because I don't know much about it. I don't think there is any reason for them to not pay you because it isn't your fault. If you work in a place that doesn't pay you while you are sick then that is not a good work place.

Well , depending on the organisation where the sick person is actually working , if its in a government sector , he will definitely be paid , but if its a private sector, he might be told to retire .

Yes of course I will pay them, they are not responsible for been sick everyone get sick or illness so it's not anyone their fault they are so I will pay them
That is definitelly that best thing to do,because as an employee,you do not choose what happen to you on the job,you are just there in good conscience to carry out your duties and when circumstance happen you just have to give them what is due them.

That is definitelly that best thing to do,because as an employee,you do not choose what happen to you on the job,you are just there in good conscience to carry out your duties and when circumstance happen you just have to give them what is due them.
Sick employees deserve to be paid just like every other person. The management needs to even make special provisions and care for any employee who takes permission to call in sick.

Of course sick employees deserve payments just like every other staff. Sick employees deserve all the support they can get because illnesses are natural and it can happen to anyone.
Yes them can pay because the company supposed to consider they to pay that will really show that the company is very considerate, because sick employees need to be consider.

Yes of course I will pay them, they are not responsible for been sick everyone get sick or illness so it's not anyone their fault they are so I will pay them

It depends on the agreement and contract signed during negotiation. If the sick employee is someone that will being my long term worker I would gladly pay him/her, buy if it's short term worker, I can't pay.

Depending on the agreement and it it depend on the organisation you are actually working for, most governments organisation keeps paying their employee even when they are sick.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds