Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are sick employees paid?

Each country will of course have different labor rules, but not all companies include all their employees in the Social Security for Workers (Insurance), so many employees are sick, who lack medical expenses, If you were an entrepreneur would you still pay your employees?

I have worked for a firm that never even used to grant leave to workers, let alone salary if a worker gets sick. Not all the companies grant salary or pay their sick employees in my country. There are almost no laws related to labor in my country.

Advertisement Placeholder
Your employees may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay ( SSP ), this will shows that welfarism of the employees are very important to the employers

Each country will of course have different labor rules, but not all companies include all their employees in the Social Security for Workers (Insurance), so many employees are sick, who lack medical expenses, If you were an entrepreneur would you still pay your employees?
I believe that employees that are sick I always paid as long as they take their sick leave permission from the company before they retire at their home to take care of their illnesses.

It will depend on the severity of the disease but sometimes a business will dissociate themselves from direct responsibilities of health and security, this really implies that they only have to pay their employees salary and their employees are the one to take care of whatever challenges comes their way, for me it will depends on the disease if it is serious I can help but I may not help in a minor one.

You get sick leave if you are in long term contract, or let say you are positioned in a permanent job. If you are on daily wages, you might not be entitled for paid sick leave.

Many private business owners may overlook absence from work due to illness and even pay you if it were a short term thing but when it is a sickness that get you off work for long, the management may withdraw paying and even take away the job.

Here in our country we have a social security system. If you are sick and absent in your company for one month, it will be the social security system that will pay you. The payment comes from your own contribution monthly. It is not your company who is obliged to pay for the business days that you are absent. It is the prerogative of the social security system.

In my country, it is not easy being an employee in any organisation , especially those private ones. The employers do not really care even if you are sick.

Yes, he or she must be paid. When an employee is sick, I suggest he applies for sick leave. Sick leave is paid time off from work that workers can use to stay home to address their health needs without losing pay.

Sick employees can be paid even though it depends on the kind of jobs they do or the company they operate under. either private firm or owned by the public. and also the level of the sickness if it's that very worst and then consider by the company as not an intentional behaviour or an accident.

Using a machine as a case study,even with the fact that a machine is programmed it still develop little fault so, I feel if a worker falls sick it is normal case and should be paid for that month.

Yes sick employee need to be paid but at a setten point is not their fault for the situation the are at that point so yes the need to be paid in order for them to buy medication for their selves

Yes of course I will pay them, they are not responsible for been sick everyone get sick or illness so it's not anyone their fault they are so I will pay them

I think the right thing to do is to get a comprehensive medical insurance package for all employeees,and this will actually help the employer to track the health issue of employees.It is very much ok to pay your employees when they are sick.

Well employees deserve to be treated well and special and in the case where they fall sick then they should be paid so they can get the drugs they need but in a small business which can't really afford the extra payment then atleast a visitation will help
[automerge]1637253970[/automerge]
Well employees deserve to be treated well and special and in the case where they fall sick then they should be paid so they can get the drugs they need but in a small business which can't really afford the extra payment then atleast a visitation will help

One thing I can say is that this depend largely on the company you are working with. If it has been stated clearly that you are not going to get paid on the day you are sick and absent from the work, your salary will be deducted.

It depends basically on the employee ,if the employee is a very important personell in the organization ,i think the employee might be paid for sick leave and it depends on the organization too

I know of companies that offer health insurance to their employees, others do not.
The organization i work with does not offer such insurance; but if you as a staff is sick, and take a leave of absence, you will be paid for the days you worked.

I know of companies that offer health insurance to their employees, others do not.
The organization i work with does not offer such insurance; but if you as a staff is sick, and take a leave of absence, you will be paid for the days you worked.
That means the organization where you work is very good, always pays attention to the health of employees, because in my country there are many small entrepreneurs who do not pay their employees full salaries if they are sick.

Depends on the job. Some people are allowed to take days off if they're sick, but it's not much. If it's a good job, they will usually offer sick leave if they are too sick. But not all businesses offer that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds