Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are sick employees paid?

In my country, there are companies that pays sick staffs and others that simply doesn't care. Sick staffs should be paid, must of the staff gets sick in the course of the work

Advertisement Placeholder
In my country, there are companies that pays sick staffs and others that simply doesn't care. Sick staffs should be paid, must of the staff gets sick in the course of the work
Should sick staffs be paid the same amount with does who are able to complete their work? Or should they be paid less since they did not finish their work before falling sick, or should they be paid more to take care of their health? What is your take on this.

It depends on the business organisation ,there are some business that will still pay and still take care of their sick employee, some might later deduct some of the money they use in treating the sick employee from thei salary .it will be too low for them to even notice.

For an employee to besick is not something planned, there for sick employees should be paid in order to help them pay for their hospital bills, buy drugs, and also to recover faster.

Company with a good pay structure usually pay is a people salary. The same thing goes for the those who working for the government. but this is often not the case in most of the private companies over here.

In my country, sick days payment usually depends on the company. The statutory sick leave is 5 days provided that the employee has had at least one year of tenure. Some private companies pay between 15 to 30 days of sick leave along with the same number of vacation leave annually.

Complying with the law and company policy is a must for all employers. The laws and policies were crafted to ensure social protection, healthy relations, and equitable treatment for both employees and employers under the law. Employers are not expected to shoulder an employee's sickness for life. They may extend assistance beyond what their policies offer, but that is totally voluntary.

I don't think it should be up for discussion even but you find that many organizations do not bother with sick leave. I would give that to my workers. Sickness is something you can't control. It can be frustrating without any pay.

Treatment of work related illnesses and conditions should truly be paid for by the company. That is because they are responsible for the health and safety of their workers.

Most government owned establishments pay sick workers full wages. If it's a private organization, that's something that depends on the system of management

I think it would depend on the contract that was signed when you employ an employee.
There are contracts which you have you pay the employee whether sick or not
But as a good man with s good heart, I would still pay my employee when they are sick

Should sick staffs be paid the same amount with does who are able to complete their work? Or should they be paid less since they did not finish their work before falling sick, or should they be paid more to take care of their health? What is your take on this.
They must be paid less. If you pay a sick staff as much as you a pay a working staff or even more than, eventually all your staffs will fall sick

They must be paid less. If you pay a sick staff as much as you a pay a working staff or even more than, eventually all your staffs will fall sick
Thats true though, other staff would most definitely take advantage of it. What about does who always ask for doctor's note or report, do you think this is a good step to find out does who are lying or not?

Thats true though, other staff would most definitely take advantage of it. What about does who always ask for doctor's note or report, do you think this is a good step to find out does who are lying or not?
It's a good step but there still loop holes one can use to bypass this. I have a doctor friend, can easily get a report from him. They should not just be paid equally

Yes they are being paid and given some rest to recover. But this depends on the organization you work with. Many organizations do this often but the wicked ones could be cruel at times.

Company with a good pay structure usually pay is a people salary. The same thing goes for the those who working for the government. but this is often not the case in most of the private companies over here.
To be honest private companies that pays their workers when sick would run at loss. This would be a good gesture to the sick worker, but companies are not supposed to run this way

It will depend on the severity of the disease but sometimes a business will dissociate themselves from direct responsibilities of health and security, this really implies that they only have to pay their employees salary and their employees are the one to take care of whatever challenges comes their way, for me it will depends on the disease if it is serious I can help but I may not help in a minor one.
There are some employees who would be sick and will always turn up for the job which is something that is very understandable that when they apply for sick leave they will always get paid in the process.

I would say this depend on the company if a person is working for at present. if it has been stated in the job contract that the person will only get paid when they work, the company is not going to pay them when they are absent due to sickness.
Well, I will agree with you on this. It depends on the terms of the employment but I think most organizations do not make provisions for payment of sick employees during their absence for health reasons.

There are some employees who would be sick and will always turn up for the job which is something that is very understandable that when they apply for sick leave they will always get paid in the process.
If they are applying for sick leave ,I believe they should be paid because being sick is not something you can control. it is just something for you to take a few months off to get treatment. So what of people that always Schedule and go on vacation ? They are still paid.

Well, I will agree with you on this. It depends on the terms of the employment but I think most organizations do not make provisions for payment of sick employees during their absence for health reasons.
one thing I can say is that the structure does not favour the worker in the private sector. The same worker will be mandated to give a month's notice so that the company will prepare to fill the void which will be left you by the worker.

This is too bad. Especially in companies where the workers has high chances to be exposes to harmful substances or injuries. Employees should consider this factor

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds