Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are customers always right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business wise , customers are always right.If you don't have that as a prerequisite for interfacing with customers ,it might lead to poor bottom line.Remember word of mouth is the strongest and working to retain a customer is better than trying to get a new one .
However ,with all that said, there are things no one should ever condone whichever side you stand.And that's been disrespected as a human being .
But this is exactly where emotional intelligence comes to play in handling difficult or rude customers in such a way that you win them over and they even get to apologise.

Advertisement Placeholder
Now this has been a major challenge especially for people like me who just started out their own private businesses.

I still recall 2 years ago at a business seminar where the customer service trainee made me believe that the customers are always right.
In your opinion are customer's always right?
I will say yes! They customers are the king, I know there are times we may meet very difficult type of customers but it is your duty to handle them in the most amicable way possible because they are where the money is!

The saying is not really right but we just need to be treating our customers right and respect their opinions but that does not mean we should condone the excessiveness of the customers. We can talk to them for them to know their faults if they are wrong.

A key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative.

A key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative

To my own point of view I think customers are only 50% right and the manager and the managing department of an organisation is also 50% right, a customer has the full right to report whatever fake transaction that have been done between a company to the appropriate authority for a legal action but a customer do not have the right to do whatever he or she likes in your business as far as you are the real owner of that business.

Now this has been a major challenge especially for people like me who just started out their own private businesses.

I still recall 2 years ago at a business seminar where the customer service trainee made me believe that the customers are always right.
The word customers are always right does not literally mean anything a customer says is the right thing, it is just a way of satisfying the customers. As a business owner your top priority is satisfying your customers, so sometimes even if what they are saying is wrong you just have to agree.

Customers are not always right because because a customer is not the one that is managing a business organisation but the customer has the right to say out what the problem is if a company or an organisation has defrauded him or her, such customer has a right to report such company to the appropriate authority for lawful action, the customer has the right to report false goods and services if a company has treated him or her badly

If you think of it generally, then the answer is no, no one is always right. But just bear in mind that your running a business and customers are where your income are coming from. So in order to have a successful business and have customers, you just have to act as if they are special and meet their satisfaction because in the end of the day, without customers, rude or not, then your business will

Concerning if customers are always right. Well, I believe this to be a popular saying in the business environment which is not totally true. Though are times that they are right but sometimes are wrong but it is left for the organization to fill up the gap and meet up with demands and satisfy them

Anyone that believes that the customer is always right have not worked as a customer facing personnel. Lots of cases have proved that the customer is not always right, but the fact is as a service personnel, whether the customer is right or not you have to find a way to satisfy him/her because no matter how you look at it he/she is a customer and need to be attended to.

it depends, sometimes the service provider is correct and sometimes the customer is correct. Both keep their own point of views and both contradict each other. But the service provider has to listen what customer says.

it depends, sometimes the service provider is correct and sometimes the customer is correct. Both keep their own point of views and both contradict each other. But the service provider has to listen what customer says.
Yes, that's true. Sometimes we need to pay attention to customers.

That statement - the customer is always right - should not be taken literally. Of course, there are limitations to the rights of the customer. When the customer is already abusing the hospitality of the business and the staff then there is the thin line called restriction. I am lucky not to have experienced abusive customers but I have seen several customers who acted like they own the place. They even yell at the store attendant with bad words sometimes.

A key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative.

Absolutely no for me. Many customers have a different attitude so it varies. Also, it is better to say that "Customer has the right" rather that "Customer is always right" because we are also customer and we don't want to be superior when it comes to the businesses we are encountering.

Customers usually k ow the taste of foods in the market. They are also aware of quality of things in the market. So in general the are right. But this is not true in all conditions. Sometimes customers may tell a lie to buy things at low price.

The saying "Customers are always right" is mostly misused by a lot of people, truly you have to satisfy your Customers but to some extent that particular Customers ought to know that the Business isn't his/hers, so every Customers ought to treat Seller nicely

The idea that customers are always right isn't 100 percentage right. Most of the time, the customers are far from being correct but this statement just helps us to adjust, forgo long discussions or argument with the customer and most importantly, to help us find a meeting point with our customers in place if heated up discussion or exchange of words.

Not at all, but customers have rights, to be welcomed, to be satisfied, & to feel secured when we are doing business with them. Example in a fast food chain, they should feel at home upon entering. They should be treated by the team members of the restaurant like a family whos visiting like a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds