Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Acceptable behavior to customer

Of course humor can be helpful, but it should not be overdone. You should also learn how to read moods. If you have only habbit of making fun with others then may be your customers became friendly.
Someone comes to you in a bad mood and you're cracking jokes, may be his anxiety vanished.

Advertisement Placeholder
In one big store in the mall they have a policy of not joking with the customer. I learned that from one attendant when I made a joke that made her laugh. She said that hey are prohibited to be joking with the customer. That made me realize why the usual demeanor of a sales attendant is a serious face. But I have to agree that it is safe to ban joking with a customer because a joke may be offending someone that may be related to the customer and that would be a disaster to the business.

A certain degree of humor is required in customer service relationship as it makes business quite easy. But it should be done with moderation.

What pleases one person can actually displeased another.
Having a good sense of humor is a good thing but everything must be balanced.
You don't have to be too funny why in a serious business. Business is business. There are some customers that love humor....

A good sense of humour can be quite charming but in a business environment it should not be overdone. This is to prevent unnecessarily annoying someone or been seen as unserious.

Social norms, or mores, are the unwritten rules of behavior that are considered acceptable in a group or society. ... Norms can change according to the environment, situation, and culture in which they are found, and people's behavior will also change accordingly. Social norms may also change or be modified over time.

Work co-operatively with others in order to achieve objectives and it is a good manner. Manage performance in an appropriate and fair manner. Give and receive constructive feedback as part of normal day-to-day work. Such feedback should be evidence-based and delivered in an appropriate manner. These are acceptable behaviours.

Obviously,do use your humor because everyone thinking way Is different and they have different way of dealing with everyone.
Dealing with polite and honestly with the customers are good but being rude or extra over doesn't suites on people's behavior specially on dealing time.
People have different faces they might be get angry or nay be they ignored.so do use your humor at the time or dealing.

I have a question related to the business and behaviour regarding the involvement of a sense of humuor. humuor is subjective and what one person believes to be funny, another is offended. By the same token, something funny today may offend me tomorrow. Does humour need to be critically analysed so as to prevent ill timed awkward situations.?
When it come it comes to an accepted behavior to customers, I believe one needs to first understand that every customer likes to be treated with respect even when appearing funny before them. To me i don't see anything wrong in display a brilliant sense of humor towards a customer who is obviously in a good mood.

Unacceptable behaviour (including bullying, harassment and victimisation), may involve actions, words or physical gestures that could reasonably be perceived to be the cause of another person's distress or discomfort. ... The University defines behaviour as being unacceptable if: It is unwanted by the recipient.

assessment a little assessment from past companions all the suppositions they say are okay there is no issue in business matters, we need to give a clarification or conversation that is so intriguing or a little comical as an interruption not vacuum so truly yet we can likewise engage or take his heart so when individuals are content with all the expressions of conversation, for instance, business conversations it's so natural they trust us

Different people have their own way of doing things. People are raised from different backgrounds, so it'll depend on the environment you come from. What's comical to me might not be the same to you, because different environments has different behaviour and people's take on certain issues.

Humor should be minimized in a professional organization. Some persons or customers would not be so appreciative of it. Most importantly know your customer and know act accordingly.

We do not usually limit the contact customers have with us. However, threatening, bullying, discriminatory or abusive behaviour towards our staff can sometimes be very bad

• Complex buying behavior. This type of behavior is encountered when consumers are buying an expensive, infrequently bought product. ...
  • Dissonance-reducing buying behavior. ...
  • Habitual buying behavior. ...
  • Variety seeking behavior. ...
  • Marketing campaigns. ...
  • Economic conditions. ...
  • Personal preferences. ...
  • Group influence

We are all different human being and from different environment so therefore our behaviours are different. Customers are always so when you approach your customers you should be the person treating your customer with care. Know when they are angry or happy.

Work co-operatively with others in order to achieve objectives
Manage performance in an appropriate and fair manner
Give and receive constructive feedback as part of normal day-to-day work.Such feedback should be evidence-based and delivered in an appropriate manner.Consider other people’s perspectives in order to help reach agreement.Establish good working relationships.

I have a question related to the business and behaviour regarding the involvement of a sense of humuor. humuor is subjective and what one person believes to be funny, another is offended. By the same token, something funny today may offend me tomorrow. Does humour need to be critically analysed so as to prevent ill timed awkward situations.?
Like you rightly said sometimes what someone finds funny may not be funny to the next person. In business humour has to be critically analysed before put into use because you do not want to say something that will upset your customers. Else your business may suffer.

We don’t have to behave bad to our customer Cos no one knows tomorrow. Bad customers can be the best customers at the same time.

According to my own point of view, you should always treat your customers right and always give them what they want and you must always respect them. But sometimes costumer are annoying but we have to be patient with them

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds