Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🔑 The Fall of A Business Empire: A Bad Manager Vs Bad Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managing people is not an easy task, human beings are so complex that it is usually very hard to please them. For you to be a good manager, it's very important that you match your words with action, that is leading by example, that's the only way you can earn their trust, respect and admiration. The responsibility of managing a business is in the hands of the manager, so if the business fail that means the manager failed.

Advertisement Placeholder
Both the manager and employee have duties to perform for the growth of the company, if the employees are not working hard and well it will affect some aspect of the company likewise the manager

Bad management has caused organizations to permanently close their doors. Poor leadership results in high turnover of employees; the cost of recruitment and training becomes prohibitive, which can impact a business's ability to continue operations. Bad management may affect the coffers directly, too, if company funds are mismanaged or the budget is overextended in comparison with revenues earned. Without sufficient business reserves, you may not be able to absorb consistent losses, and your organization can fail.
What an excellent contribution, most managers sometimes neglect their duties. Thereby leading to the fall of the business. A good manager should at all times break even if profit is not realized. Managing a Company doesn't entails only the building and machinery but the personnel whose contribution determines the output.

You are right of what you said. If there is bad manager and bad employees in a company, definitely the company is on jeopardy. But l will put a blame on a company proprietor that open eyes and looking a company to be managing by bad manager.

Are you aware that 90% of employees that resigned from their various works of life resigned because of the Manager and not the Company i.e Many would have consider working for the company even with lesser pay. Most employees just get tired of bad managers and the best is to leave.

A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, making the best, loyal and the best of employees to leave a company they've been with for years. This usually have a mental note on other employees subconscious mind. Hence, they only work enough to get paid without any extra efforts.

This has lead to the fall of many businesses.

Having a bad manager or bad employees, which of the two important agent plays major role in the fall of companies?
No doubt bad management have worse effects on the growth of the business, if the employees are treated with bad manners, they wouldn't be able to work for the betterment of the company, so good manners and character is also necessary for business growth and development.

I think it can happen in both cases, which is closely related to the size of the company. If it is a small company where there are 3 or 5 employees, and they are not suitable and do not have the adequate preparation, they can destroy the business, but if it contains so many employees where they have managers, sub managers and officers. The culprit will end up being the one with direct responsibility for the employees.

The success of any company depends on the top management.
The rise of every business or company is not just the fault of the employee because every employee works according to the rules of the company.
If the company is rising it is as a result of the good decision of the management.

Are you aware that 90% of employees that resigned from their various works of life resigned because of the Manager and not the Company i.e Many would have consider working for the company even with lesser pay. Most employees just get tired of bad managers and the best is to leave.

A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, making the best, loyal and the best of employees to leave a company they've been with for years. This usually have a mental note on other employees subconscious mind. Hence, they only work enough to get paid without any extra efforts.

This has lead to the fall of many businesses.

Having a bad manager or bad employees, which of the two important agent plays major role in the fall of companies?
Most of the faults lie with the manager and not the employees. A good manager can manage bad employees, but a bad manager cannot manage good employees. Most of the decision making lies with the manager, and the employees do as they are told. So in most cases, fall of a business lies with the manager.

The fall if a business empire has the hands of both bad managers and also devilish employees. A manager could refuse to yield to the signs of a down fall even after been warned because of certain gains he is enjoying. Also, not all employees are working their ass out for the progress of the business empire. Some workers place them selves as anti-progress workers

@Sariana23 so far the company has a manager, the fault lies with him. The duty of the manager is to ensure the goal set by the company owner is met. His duty is to manage his staff to achieve the result.

both bad manager and bad employee are loss to the business but a bad employee is still better than a manager because the manager role is a very important role in the company as he is the one in charge of overseeing all activities in the company,this will have a very negative impact on the business

The both can cause the failure of the business, it becomes even worse if you have both a bad manager and bad employees, you business is heading for a great fall.
But for me I believe having a bad manager could me more collosal than having a bad employee, because it is the manager that is supposed to sort out the bad employees

@Sariana23 so far the company has a manager, the fault lies with him. The duty of the manager is to ensure the goal set by the company owner is met. His duty is to manage his staff to achieve the result.
@maventiger, you are affirming something in which I have my doubts, because what I have seen (not always) is when a business is small and there is no such manager. Only an owner who places his trust in few employees, it may be the case where They can influence the bankruptcy of the company due to poor performance in their functions. If we talk about large companies where the manager "exists", it is his total responsibility.

Having a bad manager has far reaching consequences for an organization than having a bad employee. A manager is in charge of the whole business, running it, making sure that everything in the business is going smoothly, if such a manager is bad then it can easily affect the whole business than an employee who is mostly in one department or the other.

I once had been employed in a company owned by the president who is the one managing the business. The turnover of employees are frequent like every month there will be a resignation and hiring is continuous to fill up the vacancy. The managing is so bad that employees get insulted for a minor mistake. Worse, the president would withhold the salary for a day or 2 as a way of punishment for the mistake. He was a tyrant as if his employees are his slaves. I did not last long in that company.

The first thing you should know is that majority of all employees are working as a result of the payment not necessarily for the growth of the company. So I do not think bad employee should be responsible for a business success, rather a bad manager who failed to perform his responsibility as a manager in building the vision of the business to a higher level.

@Sariana23 I understand your views and your stand on small scale businesses which most time doesn't require the services of a manager. The owner of the business will maintain his/her interest in ensuring the growth of the company even if it will cost him to sack workers that doesn't share his views often

When a business collapses, every member of the organisation is held responsible. Although, some employees today have a hand in the folding up of some businesses. Sometimes. It may be due to their non challant attitude to work or lack of experience and skills.
Also, managers also have a hand in the folding up of a business as they refuse to develop a cordial relationship between themselves and the worked.

Bad management can impact employees and acompany's overall operations. Incompetentmanagers exist, and they can have challenges relating to staff members and keeping them motivated. In addition, substandard supervisors may not be able to balance budgets, increase revenues or capably perform other crucial tasks

Bad management can impact employees and acompany's overall operations. Incompetentmanagers exist, and they can have challenges relating to staff members and keeping them motivated. In addition, substandard supervisors may not be able to balance budgets, increase revenues or capably perform other crucial tasks
@giddy I have seen many hardworking staff members turn lazy in a couple of months due to bad management. Incompetent mangers are everywhere nowadays calling themselves 'professionals'. We all need to wise up, some so called managers can't even manage themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds