Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

XenForo Usertitle Alignment

SDL

Renowned member
Credits
Does anyone know how I can change the alignment of the usertitle on XenForo? I want the usertitle to be on the line above (or if it's not a line, remove the space), directly underneath the username instead of having that space beforehand. I've been searching the web however I can't find any answers.

postbit.png

Not sure but that might be possible within the theme’s css code. A margin should be able to fix that. Although not entirely sure!

If you have a link to your site,I can be a bit more specific toward your theme.

Going off of what I see on Admin-Junkie though -

Find this class :

.message-name

Add to the bottom
Margin: 0px;

Since you are stacking banners, why not simply create a new usergroup and assign it a specific banner with the highest display styling priority. That way you could also give it some pizzaz styling?
You can address it's positioning using the CSS/LESS designator .message-userTitle I believe....

Last edited:
If you have a link to your site,I can be a bit more specific toward your theme.

Going off of what I see on Admin-Junkie though -

Find this class :

.message-name

Add to the bottom
Margin: 0px;
Thanks for that I'll have a look to see if that works, the link is http://storyturner.com/index.php (ignore the lack of SSL, that's next on my list!)

Since you are stacking banners, why not simply create a new usergroup and assign it a specific banner with the highest display styling priority. That way you could also give it some pizzaz styling?
You can address it's positioning using the CSS/LESS designator .message-userTitle I believe....
Thank you, I'll definitely try out the custom styling!

BTW, for some niches, showing the user country location flag is a nice "touch" and if you use that add-on that allows it (the old Snogs Flags), that gap is a thing of the past. The add-on is NOT VPN aware, so it's based strictly upon the IP reported as the connecting IP.

My customized Bolt style.

Screen Shot 2023-07-23 at 5.16.50 PM.png

And in the default XF style

Screen Shot 2023-07-23 at 5.19.01 PM.png

Note, the Founder in the default style shows up like that because it IS the default style and I have none of the customized banner code applied to it.

Last edited:
BTW, for some niches, showing the user country location flag is a nice "touch" and if you use that add-on that allows it (the old Snogs Flags), that gap is a thing of the past. The add-on is NOT VPN aware, so it's based strictly upon the IP reported as the connecting IP.

My customized Bolt style.

View attachment 1625

And in the default XF style

View attachment 1626

Not, the Founder in the default style shows up like that because it IS the default style and I have none of the customized banner code applied to it.
That's a great idea thank you, I've just installed it and set it up and works a treat! It will be useful for my community as it'll hopefully have a worldwide audience :)

Thanks for that I'll have a look to see if that works, the link is http://storyturner.com/index.php (ignore the lack of SSL, that's next on my list!)

Thank you, I'll definitely try out the custom styling!
Find:
.message-name { font-weight: inherit; font-size: 1.1em; font-weight: 700; padding-top: 6px; padding-bottom: 6px; }
Change To :

.message-name { font-weight: inherit; font-size: 1.1em; font-weight: 700; padding-top: 6px; padding-bottom: 0px; }

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor