Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

X.com, twitter’s new domain

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Am I the only one curious at how much this domain must’ve costed to obtain for Twitters rebranding? 😅

There are people who are going to wake up not knowing anything about this and finding out Twitter no longer exists!

Apparently he brought it from PayPal in 2016 or 2017 - but he originally owned the domain in the 90s.

I don't have anything to do with Twitter, and Musk is a grifter and a psychopath - but, like the experts are saying, throwing away 15 years of brand recognition (and their verbs: tweet, retweet, etc.) is business suicide. Not a bad thing really.

Am I the only one curious at how much this domain must’ve costed to obtain for Twitters rebranding? 😅
Oh he's owned X.com for 20+ years.

It's the worst rebranding ever though. I mean it's a freaking verb to tweet. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And to think I once totally looked up to this man.

I still love his electric cars and rockets though.

Oh he's owned X.com for 20+ years.

It's the worst rebranding ever though. I mean it's a freaking verb to tweet. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And to think I once totally looked up to this man.

I still love his electric cars and rockets though.
Couldn't agree more. He does some great stuff and at the same time, some questionable stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm actually renting a Tesla model y now to see if I want to buy it and it's really a great car. I've been driving a Leaf for 12 years and I never want to go back to gas.

Yeah I'm actually renting a Tesla model y now to see if I want to buy it and it's really a great car. I've been driving a Leaf for 12 years and I never want to go back to gas.
What’s wrong with gas? I wouldn’t want to drive a battery pack any time soon. But that’s probably because I’m a gearhead. 😅

What’s wrong with gas? I wouldn’t want to drive a battery pack any time soon. But that’s probably because I’m a gearhead. 😅
EV are so smooth and quick and very low maintenance. With an EV your car has a "full tank of gas" every morning. Plus extremely cheap to drive and I can make "fuel" on my roof. Much better for the environment.

Did I mention they're very quick and smooth? Even my Leaf is pretty peppy.

EV are so smooth and quick and very low maintenance. With an EV your car has a "full tank of gas" every morning. Plus extremely cheap to drive and I can make "fuel" on my roof. Much better for the environment.

Did I mention they're very quick and smooth? Even my Leaf is pretty peppy.
I know, instant torque without any dips. But still, give me the raw noise my car makes, gives me goosebumps every morning, lol.

To each their own. :)
Very true! I tried to look up the domain's worth, but nothing found decently. The only thing I could find is that x.de was sold for 25k USD. So I imagine a .com is probably worth double that.

I tried to buy the .com for my domain and they wanted $1mil. 🤦‍♂️

So I bought the .org.

Still for 5 figures but I felt like it was worth it at the time. 🤦‍♂️ Money is long gone and paid for but also I've gotten almost 3 times back what I paid for it in the past 9 years.

When I first heard about him changing the logo to an X I thought he was messing around but it seems he is very serious about changing the logo and it would also seem the name as well.

I was shocked when I saw him tweet out that there was a domain name that was x.com that redirected to the main site.

Guys got a lot of monies so I am sure purchasing the domain was pocket change for him LOL

He's owned it for a long long time. I think he rebought it ages ago. He originally wanted PayPal to be called X
Oh wow, that is something I never knew and is quite interesting. Was this because he was planning on buying PayPal to be able to consider this or?

It's an interesting concept, and I think it would keep people talking honestly. Curious people will now go to see the changes and etc.

I think this was one of the dumbest things Elon has done. He tried doing this back in the early 00's with Paypal. I seen that Microsoft used to have the rights to use the letter X, they filed the patent in 2003. Makes sense since they had released the Xbox just a few years prior but then I read Meta had the rights to use the X branding. I wonder why the guy is obsessed with the letter X though, he used to have a son named X. :V

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor