Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you start up a business with a competitor/rival?

The best way to start a business is not to engage in any form of rivalry with any competitors. Starting up a business with a competitors has a very high risk for that new business and the chance of it survival is very slim especially if the competitors has more financial backing than the new business.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the relationship with the competitor. If we in good terms and having an healthy competition. I will grab the offer with hands. We can share our experiences and connections to grow the business.
Well said, there are various kinds of competition, there is the healthy one and we also have toxic ones as well. Healthy ones are just there to help motivate you and put in your best, while toxic ones are mainly to pull down completely

Business is all about making profit and if my driver will help me to achieve that again I do not see anything wrong in starting a business and scaling it up with them.

If we come to terms with each other, I can work with a competitor.
We only need a good working relationship and that's it.
A rival means different to me. So, personally, I would never work with a rival.
If you had an idea and needed help, and the only person who could help, was a competitor or a rival of yours, would you invest in a business with that person? Would you consider it maybe? I think it depends on the relationship. If you don't hate your competitor, even better, as a working relationship can happen. But if you are a rival, it may not be a good idea. But I would give it a try if we could come to an agreement or work out the issues.

If you had an idea and needed help, and the only person who could help, was a competitor or a rival of yours, would you invest in a business with that person? Would you consider it maybe? I think it depends on the relationship. If you don't hate your competitor, even better, as a working relationship can happen. But if you are a rival, it may not be a good idea. But I would give it a try if we could come to an agreement or work out the issues.

You just called the person your rival and also your competitor. Why then will I go ahead to run a business with my competitor? I won't even concider doing anything like that ever

I'll really love to start a business with a competitor or rival I know because it will help me brave up and put in my best.

I really don't think it's a good idea to start a business with a rival .the person might take it for granted wishing and hoping the business falls soon so you get off his way. I rather do my business alone

It depends if my competitor will be willing to help me or we join hands together to make the business successful, I will join with him

I think this would depend on the level of rivalry.
We have a business rivalry and we have a social Rivalry.
If it is a business rivalry then it would certainly be a wrong decision

I will not start a business with my rival. It's like carrying myself to the Lions den. I would rather ask him to mentor or coach me.

There's absolutely no problem with starting a business with rivals but before this you must develop a certain degree of trust and be mindful

It's a big no to me, like I'll always say in some post that I'll never compete with any body as long as business is concern. I can take someone improving on himself or herself as a motivation but I will never run such race nor even start in such manner.

I will not start a business with a competitor because there a different strategy to start a business neither will I start a business with rival, if the business don't go well I will rather start a new business or go off the line of that business, there are so many businesses you can go for instead of have a rival in a business or a competitor

This now seems a bit confusing. A competitor is someone who is into the same line of business with you especially if it's within the same location, but here you're saying "start up a business with" meaning I am still yet to start. So the rival you mean is my real life enemy and I don't think it's wise to start up business with such person

Business is just like a school where students interrelates. Without competitors, you won't know your stand at times. They help you reach your peak of business in no time. I would consider investing with them too for a better outcome.

I think that's a good idea. You can benefit from your competitor's knowledge and skill. You will become a big fish and you can start eating smaller fishes in the market.

I think that's a good idea. You can benefit from your competitor's knowledge and skill. You will become a big fish and you can start eating smaller fishes in the market.
True, but I see this as a two edged sword. Your competitor can also gain knowledge and skills from you as well and if care is not taken they might over take you. So you need to be smart when dealing with competition.

So long as we do not have a good working relationship, i cannot do business with such.
It is difficult to trust a rival or competitor.
However, if i am to partner with a competitor, there has to be legal agreements signed.

If actually, one has a business idea where only his or her competitor/rival is the only person to partner with, then I don't see anything wrong in going into the said business with him or her. But one must make sure the business is worth going into with the said competitor/rival. That is just my opinion.

It is possible to go into business together with your competitor on rival. This is often referred to as joint venture in which both of you will manage resources together in order to capture the larger market.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds