Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you start up a business with a competitor/rival?

I think it is a good thing to find a way that you can work with your competitor on a common ground. I think if you are not sworn enemies, you can work with him/ her. The only thing that matters is agreeing on how you can work together.

Advertisement Placeholder
Just as you have said in one of your pints raised that it depends on the relationship between you two. If the relationship was a malicious one, why on earth will i give in to such deceptive option

Sure because it's something you cannot escape - competition. All you need to have is a better strategy and Branding plus loyalty to your customers.

Sure because it's something you cannot escape - competition. All you need to have is a better strategy and Branding plus loyalty to your customers.
Exactly, you cannot escape or run from competition best is to face it head on and look for strategies to over come it, as every business venture there is always competition.

I can't go into business with my rival or business competitors as they may betray you once they achieved what they they intends to in the partnership.

One of the essence of business is growth and expansion while
making profits with customers satisfaction at hand,and some
times the needed growth to satisfy genuine customers needs
cannot be acheived,due to lack of capacity or finance,then it
will be very much ok to accept an offer from a competitor to
form a strong alliance.

I cannot start a business with my competitors, it is a very dangerous or risky thing to do in a business. I would rather take a loan to finance the business if I don't have the money to start it.

Well, you could see it more like a contract. Business partners are always people who are in the same business line as you. But for someone who's just starting up a business for the first time, you have no competitor unless you are finally into the business

It is all relative. Nobody will turn down an opportunity to make more money even if it involves your competitor or rival. Also there are some that you wouldn't want to get into business with.

If you see someone as a competitor or a rival there would be a great Element of mistrust between you. I wouldn't advise anyone to go into business with someone he doesn't trust

If you had an idea and needed help, and the only person who could help, was a competitor or a rival of yours, would you invest in a business with that person? Would you consider it maybe? I think it depends on the relationship. If you don't hate your competitor, even better, as a working relationship can happen. But if you are a rival, it may not be a good idea. But I would give it a try if we could come to an agreement or work out the issues.
I don't think there is anybody I can't work with even though is my enemy I don't care all I care about is for us to make money before we could start a business together we must have a written agreement about the business we want to start together.

If the competition is really healthy between him or her, I can really consider going into partnership with the person. However, we all know that humans are hard to trust this days so I really don't see myself giving that a chance
I do not see any reason why I cannot form an alliance with a competitor across all I am looking for is that my business to succeed and if it means that I need to form an alliance with my competitor for that to be possible then I will gladly do it.

If I have strong reasons to believe that my rival is going to be dedicated to the business and has the right knowledge and techniques then there is nothing wrong in starting it with them.

Yeah definitely because I know if I were to go into a business with a competitor then I would have looked at for my self and business because it's all about profits in a business so yeah

This is more like a sucide mission,I see no reasons why I should start up a business with a rival or a competitor,when I know truely well that their business is to make profit more than me.

You may have misunderstood the question which is actually a start up with a competitor as a business partner. I don't remember hearing one such partnership business of former rivals but it depends on the kind of rivalry. In business as in life anything can happen that we don't expect.

In this case, I doubt we can have genuine understanding and agreement. I would rather start on my own, develop skills to augment and get practical mentorship.

You should be ready to get less than what you bargained for if you choose that path, they will only help you if they benefit more than you because you need them more

Yes I know life is competitive,but I we should not go into anything because of we want to competite with someone, especially business you will end up losing focus towards the purpose of that business

It depends on the relationship with the competitor. If we in good terms and having an healthy competition. I will grab the offer with hands. We can share our experiences and connections to grow the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds