Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you start up a business with a competitor/rival?

It's all about the understanding mostly, it also depends on the situation at hand, the persons involved. Some persons have tried it and it's worked out perfectly while some didn't work out well

Advertisement Placeholder
I can start a business with a rival or competitor as long as it doesn't stop me from reaching my business goals and objectives and can also learn from each other.

I am into doing business and investment to make money and gain , so there's nothing bad in doing business with a rival son far he/she is ready to abide by the rules and regulation guiding the business.

I really want to start up my business on my own so to concentrate on the business, but having competitors in a business is really good.

There is what is called healthy competition , so am surely going to meet the person for help and it might be that the help the person offered me might make my business grow well
Healthy competition exists truly but then you'll have to be careful especially if the competitor has larger resources, customer base than you. Most times, they seek to acquire such small rivals.
That's why you and your lawyer would need to be at the top of your game to counter such.

No I cannot because there might be distrust and lack of understanding due to different ideas and strategies.

Healthy competition exists truly but then you'll have to be careful especially if the competitor has larger resources, customer base than you. Most times, they seek to acquire such small rivals.
That's why you and your lawyer would need to be at the top of your game to counter such.
Yeah true thats when healthy competition exists ,if truly you know your competitor and their ways of acquiring small and up coming companies ,you stay away and build up your business idea

Well it is not a bad thing to go into partnership with your competitor but that's if the competition is healthy,you will get to learn more from him or her and also it depends on what you have to gain

I'll really love to start a business with a competitor or rival I know because it will help me brave up and put in my best.
hahaha
personally, it is a no-no.
I would not start a business with a rival or competitor, i do not know if anyone has tried this before.

I don't think I can start up a business together with my competitor because he will always be thinking of taking over the entire business. The same thing happens to Steve Job when he was still the head and CEO of apples. The board of directors voted against him and kick him out of the business.

If the competition is really healthy between him or her, I can really consider going into partnership with the person. However, we all know that humans are hard to trust this days so I really don't see myself giving that a chance

As long as they are genuine and will not look for a way to harm my business , I won't have any problem with that but naturally I will always try as much as possible not to locate my business too close to a location with higher competition

I don't know , but even if I have to start a business , I will only be able to start a business based on my own personal interest and I may not likely care about the level of competition as Long as that is what I am interested to do.

If you had an idea and needed help, and the only person who could help, was a competitor or a rival of yours, would you invest in a business with that person? Would you consider it maybe? I think it depends on the relationship. If you don't hate your competitor, even better, as a working relationship can happen. But if you are a rival, it may not be a good idea. But I would give it a try if we could come to an agreement or work out the issues.
That is one aspect that really need to be sorted out in the terms and condition of any partnership with a rival business outfit,because the overall aim is for there to be a win-win situation,else i would'nt embark on such trip.

I wouldn't want to take that risk... except. Over time I observed he is a person with strong high moral values nonetheless still difficult.
For me if actually the competitor is very good both of us can actually join hand together to rise the business, so that we can start making progress from the business because is really good to join with the person that is healthy in that business.

I think that you have even said it all, if there was no bad blood between me and a competitor I think he would even be a better partner because of his experience.
I think the interest of any serious business person is to make profit legitimatelly,and if an oppourtunity comes up to partner with someone that will eventually bring in the needed revenue,then that would be welcome.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds