Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you start up a business with a competitor/rival?

Well like you said, it depends on the kind of relationship. If our rivalry has become hate or something else. But if not, I think I would be willing to go to him or her

Advertisement Placeholder
Normally I only concentrate on my own and if I had the money I will just start my own with my own ,i will bring out a great marketing strategy ,I'll be able to survive even with high competition.
If there is understanding one can start up a business with a competitor then both of you become partner at least share your ideas together.

If there is understanding one can start up a business with a competitor then both of you become partner at least share your ideas together.
You should not look into becoming a partner with your competitors especially in Nigeria , you might be in problem, already the other party might not even like you establishing the same company.

You should not look into becoming a partner with your competitors especially in Nigeria , you might be in problem, already the other party might not even like you establishing the same company.
You can be to start a business with a computer at least both of you will share your ideas and no longer be competitors but partner in that business

You can be to start a business with a computer at least both of you will share your ideas and no longer be competitors but partner in that business
It's like you have never met a jealous person before, no matter how you are starting a business and no matter how you are sharing idea they will still not be happy, is better you concentrate on your own.

If there is trust and oneness between you and your competitor then there is no problem of both of you starting a business together.

This is undoubtedly a healthy competition. Yes, it might be risky but the benefits outweigh the deficit. But to avoid any stories in the future, both of you need to be bound by a legal contract to protect your rights

If you had an idea and needed help, and the only person who could help, was a competitor or a rival of yours, would you invest in a business with that person? Would you consider it maybe? I think it depends on the relationship. If you don't hate your competitor, even better, as a working relationship can happen. But if you are a rival, it may not be a good idea. But I would give it a try if we could come to an agreement or work out the issues.
Although it might be difficult most especially if the person is a rival because even if you decided to meet up for an agreement did you think he will give you the solution to the issue...

If you had an idea and needed help, and the only person who could help, was a competitor or a rival of yours, would you invest in a business with that person? Would you consider it maybe? I think it depends on the relationship. If you don't hate your competitor, even better, as a working relationship can happen. But if you are a rival, it may not be a good idea. But I would give it a try if we could come to an agreement or work out the issues.
I think if the competitor can really help you and there truly is nobody else you can choose from, then yes I would do it. But first I’d type up a whole bunch of paperwork stating that he or she can never take over the business and boot you out and/or steal your ideas and use them as their own. Then get them to sign the paperwork, date it, make sure there’s a witness, have them sign it too, and make copies.

There is nothing wrong in approaching your competitor to acquire relevant knowledge around the business. Industries grow if competitors do not see themselves as rivals. They could work together to move the industry forward. This could be called healthy rivalry.

If this competitor don't see you as an enemy any more or both of you don't see each other as enemies, then it becomes very easy to make this move and even become successful at the end of the day. But I am not someone that likes partnership type of business

I don't think it's a good idea to work with my competitor. Although I have seen employees of a rival company and being offered a greater salary in the other company is happening. They call it pirating here in our country. I think it's better to just research about your rival but not work with them.

If the competition is really healthy between him or her, I can really consider going into partnership with the person. However, we all know that humans are hard to trust this days so I really don't see myself giving that a chance
As for me I would gladly start up any business that is in competition with any other business but I know that competition can be very good for burning things is to improve the way it has been doing things.

It is not all rivalry that are negative, you and your rival may have mutual respect for each other on that note working together can be beneficial.

Business is all about profit or loss, l can start a business with a rival and depends on what he has in ground,I will have to change my ways of doing things and try to get more information, interest and customers to my business.

I don't see any reason why I need to go into business with my competitor. We can only do collaboration in launching my new product. Any other thing is no for me.

It is better that partnership business like this one to be done by people who are in good relationship. As for me , I don't think that it is right for it to be done in such a way.

When I ventured into my own business, I was seeing lots of persons doing similar business, I didn't care about that for one day cos I believed that my persistency and drive will make me drive sales.

Well like you said, it depends on the kind of relationship. If our rivalry has become hate or something else. But if not, I think I would be willing to go to him or her
That is a very nice answer. It depends on the kind of relationship that both is building. If there's a hate relationship, then why should you make your rival a business partner. It's better to just mind your own business. If there's a goodness in the relationship you can partner with him or her.

I think two whales can join together to wipe out the small fishes. This is a normal practice in the business world. I think I can do that if I had a business and if there was a competitor.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds