Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever work for family?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
There are a lot of family owned and operated businesses out there, especially in America.

I know someone whose family has had a restaurant going for over 50 years now and they have nothing but family running it.

I am curious if anyone here would consider working for their family - or if it would be too stressful.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are a lot of family owned and operated businesses out there, especially in America.

I know someone whose family has had a restaurant going for over 50 years now and they have nothing but family running it.

I am curious if anyone here would consider working for their family - or if it would be too stressful.
Of course I would work for my family if given the opportunity. It will even make me more dedicated and hard-working because I would be all out to promote the family name.

Why not I will really work for the family if actually there is anyone I be very glad to work with my family, because working with your family you will never any problem with no one, so for I prefer working with my family there is any opportunity for that.

Of course I would work for my family if given the opportunity. It will even make me more dedicated and hard-working because I would be all out to promote the family name.
That is something I didn't mention but worth pointing out. You can have a family name in the business and I feel like it can boost confidence. I have some family who own and operate their own business (not my direct family, but rather through marriage) and they are all proud of it.

That is something I didn't mention but worth pointing out. You can have a family name in the business and I feel like it can boost confidence. I have some family who own and operate their own business (not my direct family, but rather through marriage) and they are all proud of it.
This is very true. Most times people are really after promoting their interest and that of their family. They are likely to do anything possible to ensure that the prestige of the family is always high by managing the family business well.

Yes I would work for the family but only under some conditions.: That I work for a company like any other and we mean serious business. Like We have a biological relationship at home only and the relationship does nothing to do with the business.

I will work for family , after all that will be to help the business grow and not really for the salary . working for private organisation that you are not related will be more stressful than working for a family business.

Personally I dont think working for the family is a bad thing I will always be glad given the opportunity to work for my family business that will helped me so many ways to improve the standard of living in my family business.

I usually avoid such kind of businesses that are owned by my family. I would rather start my own business. I believe that sole proprietorship is the best form of business.

This is very true. Most times people are really after promoting their interest and that of their family. They are likely to do anything possible to ensure that the prestige of the family is always high by managing the family business well.
I almost wish my father would have pursued something like this just so we could have a family business but I guess that is something I can start. I can be the one to start it and leave it to my kids.

If you have a family business you will probably benefit from it directly or indirectly and if you have the opportunity to work in that business you will probably put your best. so working for family is one of the best jobs you can get and there is also job security.

Nope. If I try that I might not be serious or consistent due to familiarity and I don't want my pay to be affected as it can be delayed and I'll be expected to understand.
But I will do it only when I don't have a choice.

Well if I do not have any of my own business or work to do, I will highly work for my family at least I will get a little pay and being saving to start up something of my own one day. Than staying idle no helping your family and no business or work of your own.

Actually I think working for a family business sometimes it can be a disaster and sometimes it can also be a favour depending on how good or bad the family members can appreciate your efforts in the business.

If you have a family business you will probably benefit from it directly or indirectly and if you have the opportunity to work in that business you will probably put your best. so working for family is one of the best jobs you can get and there is also job security.

I think that it is a dream of many people to have a family business. However, not each and every kind of person would want to get involved in such kind of business.

I think that it is a dream of many people to have a family business. However, not each and every kind of person would want to get involved in such kind of business.
Yes, people have different mindsets and therefore, they will like different things in some cases. Some people derive joy in running family busineses and some don't.

I think it would depend on the family. If they were really close-knit and everyone got along well, then I could see it being a fun and rewarding experience. But if there were a lot of drama among the family members, it would probably be pretty stressful.

I think it would depend on the family. If they were really close-knit and everyone got along well, then I could see it being a fun and rewarding experience. But if there were a lot of drama among the family members, it would probably be pretty stressful.
Probably, if you are from a family that everyone is United then running such a business will probably bring a lot of good experience to you but if the reverse is the case a lot of trouble may arise.

This is true. I could see this quickly becoming an issue when people get jealous of other family members and then it leaves the workspace to create drama outside of work.

This is true. I could see this quickly becoming an issue when people get jealous of other family members and then it leaves the workspace to create drama outside of work.
Of course I would work for family if I know I can improve the business. However, I will always keep sentiments aside and try to be professional when it comes to business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds