Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working for yourself or for somebody?

I'm currently working for someone and I know how it feels not be in control of your time sometimes. I can be called to for am in impromptu assignment and I have not choice but to do it. Never the less working someone is awesome and the pay is reasonably good, in most cases it better to stay there.

In as much I have this dream of owning a business. I'm of the opinion that everyone is not destined or wired to be an entrepreneur.

Advertisement Placeholder
I like the both of them. I want to be self employed and same time working for someone, is that even possible? I know it won't be easy.

I will generally prefer to be employed for someone else because personally I am somebody who is not that good in taking decisions especially ones that involves a lot of thinking and calculation.

I prefer working for myself, this enables me to always be the boss of myself, free to take financial decisions on what to do, that is financially independent. been self employed gives you the guarantee to also involved in other forms of business suffer it will yield you profit.

If there is capital I would like to work for myself but in the absence of capital working for somebody for me is not bad as far there is no much pressure and he/she is paying well.

I would always prefer to work for myself any day anytime, because so many private and even government organizations are only looking to exploit people these days.

Do you prefer working for yourself (self-employed) or working as an (employee) for another person? And, please give a reason for your answer as to why. Working for yourself takes a lot of responsibility, and you won't get paid for any holiday or sick days you have. Being self-employed, you shouldn't expect to earn a wage, to begin with - it takes patience and determination over many years for success. It doesn't come overnight.
Well, if i could work under someone, let's say a company that pays me double of what my business offers, i would prefer that. I like the routine thing.
Asides that, i prefer to work for myself. It is better than working for someone and getting peanuts.

There are many folks who would prefer to work for company because the company usually pays much better salary to people and when you work for someone else, you will get the salary regardless of the fact that the employer has work or not.

I prefer working for myself to working for somebody. When you work for yourself you can work at your own convenience and you can make decisions for your business.

I prefer working for myself because apart from the fact that it gives me some kind of freedom ( I don't have to rush to get to the office or the likes), it allows me express my creativity fully.
Working for myself would give the chance to experiment and scale up to get results.

I prefer working for myself because working for someone is like you are helping the person actualizing his dreams. Besides, there is no much salary you are given that will make you wealthier than your boss. Also, I will know how to make right decisions since I know my decisions will go along way affecting my business.

I'm currently working for someone and I know how it feels not be in control of your time sometimes. I can be called to for am in impromptu assignment and I have not choice but to do it. Never the less working someone is awesome and the pay is reasonably good, in most cases it better to stay there.

In as much I have this dream of owning a business. I'm of the opinion that everyone is not destined or wired to be an entrepreneur.

I can relate to you and I know how it feels to work for someone else. They also tend to disrespect you in front of others and you you no other option but to endure it. this is why I left my job.

Do you prefer working for yourself (self-employed) or working as an (employee) for another person? And, please give a reason for your answer as to why. Working for yourself takes a lot of responsibility, and you won't get paid for any holiday or sick days you have. Being self-employed, you shouldn't expect to earn a wage, to begin with - it takes patience and determination over many years for success. It doesn't come overnight.
Despite all, I would still prefer working for myself. I have worked for a company and the experience was not worth it. The salary i was paid didn't equate the time and energy i was putting into my job.

I would like to work as an employee offline where I would be entitled to earn a fixed sum of money on a monthly basis and also I will also like to work for myself online in order to add or top up my earnings

I prefer being self employed instead of working for someone. You can make important decisions regarding your business plans and strategies in a way that would suit you. You can also work based on your own schedule without having to take orders from another person.
I get your point, but I have a question. Would you rather be self employed than work for a company who would pay 2x what you earn while being self employed?

I get your point, but I have a question. Would you rather be self employed than work for a company who would pay 2x what you earn while being self employed?
I'd go for the company job to be honest since they would pay more. Renumeration comes first above every other thing even if the job satisfaction is not really there.

Working for myself as self employee is what I love most because I will the boss of myself by not hanging under somebody's supervision or watch
Personally I always prefer to work for myself because it offers me the opportunity to decide how I am to work for myself and rate at which I am to make money for myself.

Despite all, I would still prefer working for myself. I have worked for a company and the experience was not worth it. The salary i was paid didn't equate the time and energy i was putting into my job.
Same experience.
That is why i decided to start and run my business on my own.
I can take business decisions myself and improve self growth.

Well, if i could work under someone, let's say a company that pays me double of what my business offers, i would prefer that. I like the routine thing.
Asides that, i prefer to work for myself. It is better than working for someone and getting peanuts.
Me too.
I would prefer owning my own business rather than work for somebody.
Working for someone is usually so pressurizing and I don't like it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds