Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Won the raffle... and can't give the prize away?

Tracy

Royal member
Bronze Member
Credits
Come one, come all... for those that are on free scripts that want (and are willing to maintain it since the renewal is cheaper than buying it outright) to upgrade to Xenforo... here is your chance to get into it with no up-front costs.
I was blessed with winning the raffle here for an XF site... I actually entered it because I had the credits, and I honestly never win anything. But seems I did.
I don't have any desire to start up a third site... so here is your chance to contact me via convo if you are running on a free script, and are willing to keep the renewal up for XF, to save yourself a few bucks on the front end.
Start a convo with me and link to your current site and give me some idea of what you want to see for your site.
The best "request" will be awarded the raffle prize. If you are thinking of starting up a new site, and want to run it on XenForo and are willing renew it when you need to, you also qualify.
I really don't want to have to think of a new niche to run a site on... my second one languishes as it is since I spend more time on my primary site and the second one was set up more of a play site since I already had the domain registered.

Weird no one has taken up on your offer. Perhaps this thread serves as a clearer action they should take. If you receive no PM, then feel free to donate it back to us and we'll restart the raffle. :p

Weird no one has taken up on your offer. Perhaps this thread serves as a clearer action they should take. If you receive no PM, then feel free to donate it back to us and we'll restart the raffle. :p
I think the issue was folks didn't really read that thread once they weren't notified. I've already gotten two replies based upon this thread...
I'll be on hold for another 7 days awaiting more contacts before I make a decision.
Honestly.. I'm leaning towards existing sites that want to "move ahead" into a paid script... but I've also gotten some decent feedback on new sites in niches that is covered already by other sites, but is very popular anyways.

Final decision will be made on 10/12/2023 and the "lucky recipient" notified via the convo that they started with me and @Cedric will probably be brought into the convo or at least notified.
Merry early Christmas to whomever is chosen!

Last edited:
Is that the 7th of December or the 12th of… July??
That's why I have a new MacSally keyboard on order right now..... this one sometimes works fine, but then it may transpose number or even replace them. I guess I can't complain since it's 12 years old.
I edited the post... but it will be 10/12/2023, 7 days from today.

• Winner
Reactions: Al
This is really nice of you!
I'm not always an ass-hat. :eek:
I figured since I don't really need it (I'd rather be able to play with IPS) I could find a good cause to give it to.
I like IPS.. even though @CharlesW and company may think I'm a bane to them. The script is fantastic... it's some of their business decisions that I find whack.

I think the issue was folks didn't really read that thread once they weren't notified. I've already gotten two replies based upon this thread...
I'll be on hold for another 7 days awaiting more contacts before I make a decision.
Honestly.. I'm leaning towards existing sites that want to "move ahead" into a paid script... but I've also gotten some decent feedback on new sites in niches that is covered already by other sites, but is very popular anyways.
Well reading this thread gave me an idea for an addon! :LOL:

I'm not always an ass-hat. :eek:
I figured since I don't really need it (I'd rather be able to play with IPS) I could find a good cause to give it to.
I like IPS.. even though @CharlesW and company may think I'm a bane to them. The script is fantastic... it's some of their business decisions that I find whack.
Haha looks like we both are in same boat:ROFLMAO: IPS is a fantastic script but when it comes to developer documentation and help from community to learn development, well one support there. I'm hoping this will be improved in next version, as i will be getting into IPS development for my own site :)

i wish i could get the insight on ideas that users are having. I'm always interested in knowing and learning about various sectors that one can explore.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're getting some decent interest now Tracy. Glad it will go to good use, and thanks again for the generous donation! :)

Sounds like you're getting some decent interest now Tracy. Glad it will go to good use, and thanks again for the generous donation! :)
I was blessed with winning... just want to pass it on to someone who can use it but isn't as well placed to be able to afford it.
I had been toying with the idea of bringing back a Linux site I once ran... but honestly, I would rather spend the time on my astronomy pursuits.
But I did find if you wait long enough... an old domain can come back around available... servinglinux.com is waiting on a decision on what script to put on it.

Last edited:
Haven't had much more contacts... if I don't get any other within the next 24 hours... I'll be making a determination from the contacts that have been done. No need to drag it out for several days.

Getting some clarification from @Cedric on what restrictions are in place (sorry, should have done that earlier) in where/how the winning has to be hosted (if by AJ hosting service or self-hosted). Once I get clarification on that, I will be announcing who gets the goodies.... if that person cannot comply with any restrictions in place, it will go down the line to the next person in the running.

<insert drum roll here>
And congratulations goes to
<insert blaring trumpets here>
@Spartan.
After viewing their site and seeing what they did with MyBB, I can see some promise in using XF, especially with a paid style from the ever-famous @Russ over at PixelExit (this is who I would recommend you use that style allowance on).

@Spartan, you will need to get with @Cedric within the next few days to claim this. If you fail to claim it by October 13, 2023 then I'll have to go to the next person on the list.
I reviewed the ideas that were submitted (many of which was good) but I honestly wanted to try and help out someone that had a site running on a free script, that had devoted some time into it in styling and such (which can be "fun" with free scripts) and was also in a niche that I enjoy (which this is a gaming site) and that had been around for a little while...
If I can make a suggestion... Bob's review add-on might be a good choice if you are running a gaming site. You can do some in-depth reviews of various games, and the power of the add-on lets you do some neat stuff that simply making a post in a node doesn't.

Awesome! Congrats @Spartan - excited to see what you do with the package. (y)

Again, @Tracy - supremely generous and community focused. Thank you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor