Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Start Big when you can actually Start Small?

Yes of course you are right..
You should start by small and then set small goals and slowly and steadily achieving those goals you can go towards big. Some people could not start their big business because they were wanted to start big business even having opportunity of small start.

Advertisement Placeholder
We all dream big when starting a new business and I keep asking myself, is it bad to start small?

The good thing about starting small is you can easily get up when you fall. There is little capital so there is little risk. If you start big and go all-out, chances are you’ll run out of finances and experience failure without comeback.

Dream Big but Start Small.
Very true,a lot of people have the capacity and capabilities to start a business organization small, but they are always looking for the big hit to start with in a very elaborate way,and it can lead to delay and procrastination before strating the business enterprise.

We all dream big when starting a new business and I keep asking myself, is it bad to start small?

The good thing about starting small is you can easily get up when you fall. There is little capital so there is little risk. If you start big and go all-out, chances are you’ll run out of finances and experience failure without comeback.

This is sound business idea, and many people fail to start their business because they think they need loads of money.

An example is in agriculture, someone can make $100 to $200 in profits in three months just from half a plot of land. And with half that amount as capital.

I think most people start their businesses on a big level when they have a source of funding. When you don't really have the capital you need, you're liable to start small. More capital means more business.

Yes point, i totally agree with you. Every successful person in the world once started from very small steps. Like Apple company, owner started from very basics and now it is no1 company because not small or big things mean , it means consistency matters.

@Bookwormlux most aspiring business owners usually thinks after sourcing capital through any means the business will hit the ground running. Even when cautioned, they will boast that their business plan is fully proofed for all business contingencies.
That is purely pride and to avoid that, an individual would have to get a mentor. I believe no mentor would advise his mentee to invest a huge sum in a business he has not done a trial on yet.

That is purely pride and to avoid that, an individual would have to get a mentor. I believe no mentor would advise his mentee to invest a huge sum in a business he has not done a trial on yet.
@Bookwormlux just the exact word I used to tell them what their over confidence looks like to me. I noticed most of them don't get to learn by words of the mouth, they need to fail in business to rethink.

Yes to start small is the best many people have dream big one but they are not ready to start small they want quickly money but you can get quick money when you first start business you need time to allow your business to grow starting big that is what cause most people business to fall when you should have start small

Yes to start small is the best many people have dream big one but they are not ready to start small they want quickly money but you can get quick money when you first start business you need time to allow your business to grow starting big that is what cause most people business to fall when you should have start small
Sure, you also learn a lot from starting small. Your experience would help you when you want to expand the business to something big that would help you generate more money.

Start small, think big: 4 business people who can grow

Find your niche. Big business appeals to broad, general customer bases. ...

Do your best. One way to innovate an industry is to find an issue that most business people are ignoring. ...

Plan for development. If you feel overwhelmed, you have to figure out the extension. ...

Don't do it yourself

Find your niche. Big business appeals to broad, general customer bases. ...

Do your best. One way to innovate an industry is to find an issue that most business people are ignoring. ...

Plan for development. If you feel overwhelmed, you have to figure out the extension. ...

Don't do it yourself.

I would say that starting big or starting small depends on the funds you have available to begin with, if I have huge amount of funds to start up a business, I would sure be starting really big.

Loosing your finance in an investment when we put huge money into a business is'nt the only reason we cannot start big.But it's very coutious to start with a small capital and watch the business as it grows,because the beauty of knowing the nature and intruges of revenue generation with small capital will make you appriciate and study the venture more.
And also you need to have a reserve in case of an emergency.

Most of the big companies we see today were started small. Microsoft, Apple and Amazon, all were launched in a garage. You also do not have to spend hundreds of thousands dollars when you can start with less than ten thousand dollars. Small business has less risk, but high potential to grow big.

What you said it's true. But starting big also have its advantages also if you have it all planned out or worked out. Sometimes, being at the bottom is a very dreadful and lonely place any business can be. It rather important you start your business two to three steps above the bottom. Be at a position where opportunities can see you so that you won't be lost in the crowd.

I think if any person starts a small business, he has a dream in his mind that gradually his business will become very big.I think big business is always made up of small businesses anyway. For their small business you need less money and you don't need much knowledge about it so mmmmm.So people make small balances first and then slowly move on to big business

That is the wrong misconception most people going into business has, they feel a certain amount of money is too small to start or finance a business. But in life you have to start from somewhere to get to a certain place in life.

For me it is better to start small because the bigger the business you start without any experience the more likely it will fail. Starting small is better because, you will get used to being in pressure and will learn how to handle thing which is quite hard if you try it on big business without those knowledge

it's just the matter of what you really want to do, some people have what it takes to start big and they did and it's fine and the business is going well.

I think I have commented on this thread before but let me still make an input. It is actually really good too start small if you do not have the required capital in order to start a big business. Starting small gives you the opportunity to explore and also to gain knowledge about running a big business. Starting small also makes you not to go into debt because of the loans you may take to start big business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds