Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do employees quit?

Yes and sometimes when they are not comfortable, they may not even enjoy where they are working and they will always be looking for an opportunity to get a better employment that gives them peace of mind.
Indeed peace of mind is key to achieving better results in every business, you would be able to think straight and be productive

Advertisement Placeholder
There are a lot of reasons why employees quit, one of them is maybe they feel underpaid, secondly is possible that they are over stressed and have to put in overtime whether they like it or not. Generally people quit when they don't feel well treated and also when they've gotten a job with a higher pay.
One of the reasons that I have discovered that made most employees to quit is because the job that they are doing it's not challenging them enough or because they are not that they are earning from the job is too low for their expectation or simply because the job is not challenging them enough.

I just quitted my part-time teaching job. The pay was really low and the employer does not value the kind of work I do for him. The last term was the height of it. I worked for three months and got 2 months' payment. I didn't even submit a resignation letter.
You are right, as the vast majority of employees quit for these reasons, the lack of incentives and the stress caused by certain functions. In my job many have quit because of the low salary, however, a great majority stays, because of the good treatment, vocation, recognition, etc.

So many people quit their employment for a lot of reasons best known to them. The most of the reason people leave is because they are been bullied by their bosses or the take home pay is actually crap

Workers are going to quit the workplace if they found a better offer for themselves elsewhere. Also they are going to quit if they relocate to another place that is far from the workplace
You are right in saying that employees quit if they have offers bigger than their present salary. Or possible that they want to be nearer to their home. Or another reason might be to find a boss that is kind because the present boss is so bossy and angry always to his employees.

There are many different reasons why employees quit but the most common is when they find a work that pays higher than this or are not satisfied with their salary.
The two things that make an employee quits his or her job is that maybe he finds a better paying job that pays more than the current job or he is being victimized or enslave and get tired of his present job,

Indeed peace of mind is key to achieving better results in every business, you would be able to think straight and be productive
Yea, you can actually bring out the best in you if you are given the right atmosphere for working, but if the atmosphere is not conducive it is possible that you may not enjoy and be productive.

Most employees quit because of poor remuneration - that's the major reason I've come to see about employees leaving their job.
Some other factors such as bad leadership, poor work culture can also lead to employees quitting
Your point is right, poor compensation is the main reason. Yet I have worked with employees who want to make a lot of money, but don't have the skills necessary to have a better paying job. So they quit but in other jobs they will get a lower rate of pay in view of their professional limitations.

A good number of employees will actually quit a business if the business was not offered and favorable conditions for working and if the pay is small.

Yea, you can actually bring out the best in you if you are given the right atmosphere for working, but if the atmosphere is not conducive it is possible that you may not enjoy and be productive.
True, like where I spent my service year, the setting was not really that comfortable and it really affected our efforts as we could not do our very best to teach the students.

Every one aspire higher, when one has better offer where you get more exposure, money and challenges tham build you to be a better person in your carrier it is better to quit the former for the later.

Why do employees quit in your view? Personally, I think most of the time it's because a boss is being a boss. They should rather be a leader and lead the team to the right direction.
Most employees quit because of the way the boss treat them, some boss are so wicked to the point they will make their life miserable

Employees quit their old employment because they feel it's time to move on to newer things in their lives. Especially when their former employment do not appreciate their worth

When employees quit, they can no longer bear the hardship and policies of the company. Most times it is not about payment. Some people are just comfortable where they are if are highly appreciated.

True, like where I spent my service year, the setting was not really that comfortable and it really affected our efforts as we could not do our very best to teach the students.
You see , this is one of the problem of Nigeria, bad education system and so many other things ,lack of proper management and the thing is really affecting us that we cannot bring out our full potential, how did you people manage to teach the student then ?

People are going to quit a job if they are facing a series of threat from people within the organisation. No one is ready to risk his life at the expense of receiving salaries.

You see , this is one of the problem of Nigeria, bad education system and so many other things ,lack of proper management and the thing is really affecting us that we cannot bring out our full potential, how did you people manage to teach the student then ?
Very true this is what you get when you allow people that are not qualified for a particular position handle it, it's funny how the minister of education knows Notting about education. Same thing with other sectors

A woman created our job few months ago when she saw another lucrative offer. she didn't inform anyone before she took her leave.

As for me , I won't continue to work for an employee with unfavorable policy especially a policy that will make the business to fall in no distance time .I will just have to stop

Very true this is what you get when you allow people that are not qualified for a particular position handle it, it's funny how the minister of education knows Notting about education. Same thing with other sectors
If the the minister of education doesn't know anything about it then such minister should be killed, it's not nice and they're not really caring for the people .they are only concentrating in stealing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds