Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do employees quit?

There are some external and internal reasons why an employee quits the business. External factors is like getting better job offers, or any kind of personal reason. Internal reasons consists of any reason that it derives from the business itself.
When the management of a company suffers internal problems such as litigation from other companies or individuals, debts, disputes among top members of the company, all these issues will affects the employees directly or indirectly and they may quit the business.

Advertisement Placeholder
When there is little opportunity for advancement, many people leave their employment. There are no chances for progression into higher-paying, more challenging employment, no matter how hard people work or how well they perform.

When there is little opportunity for advancement, many people leave their employment. There are no chances for progression into higher-paying, more challenging employment, no matter how hard people work or how well they perform.
Yes the opportunity of getting better job is the most common reason. And to avoid that the best way is to create better working environment in the existing business. When people will find it better than others will not go and quit.

I also noticed that one of the reasons why employees do quit is because they feel that the company is not heading in the right direction and then they want to contribute.
I do not see any reason why an employee of an organisation would quit a company because he knows that the company is not heading in the right way and then thinking that quitting the company would actually help the company to go in the right way.

I do not see any reason why an employee of an organisation would quit a company because he knows that the company is not heading in the right way and then thinking that quitting the company would actually help the company to go in the right way.
The main concern here is not of the company but for the employee himself. If the employee things that there are better scope available in different sector, then obviously he will quit the present job and go for betterment.

the work place, the money, co workers, if its a bad environment with employes over working you can definitely see yourself leaving.

The most common reason most employees quite is because they've seen it gotten a better offer compered to their present place of work
Employee quits when they are not comfortable with the environment of the organisation or when they are too stressful with work.

You have a very important point @skyliequiz , when the employee feels that he/she has no future in terms of promotions within the company, he/she will surely look for this opportunity in another one. Many employees are satisfied with one type of functions, however there are others who want to excel and therefore generate more profit.

That is really true when there is little opportunity for progress and advancement, many of the people will leave their employment and jobs. There is no chance for promotion and increase in their pay or salaries. Even though how hard they perform or hardworking they are, its just that they are stuck in their position and salaries.

Why do employees quit in your view? Personally, I think most of the time it's because a boss is being a boss. They should rather be a leader and lead the team to the right direction.
An employee will quit his or her job for so many reasons. There are so many reasons which may varies from personal, employment, pressure, health and so many more. Employee might quit his or her job if he or she has personal issues with the job, boss which is of many categories like sexual arrasment etc. Pressure, much force or more demanding nature of the job etc.

Most people quit primarily for low salaries especially when they have increased responsibilities and when they have upskilled themselves and feel that the company no longer worths them.

A lot of the people who were previously employed that quitted their jobs that I know did so because of poor working conditions and lack of pay for a long time

That's how it is and that's what I hope. Although on the subject, there have been times when I have wanted to quit my job, when the salary does not compensate my effort, but it is better to have a low salary than none at all. On the other hand, I like my duties within the company and these are valued by my immediate boss.
That's pretty cool dear, that you are very passionate about your current offline gig no matter the low income it is bringing to you. Provided you're valued for your input you are cherished.

That's pretty cool dear, that you are very passionate about your current offline gig no matter the low income it is bringing to you. Provided you're valued for your input you are cherished.
Of course @Sincerem , although it is true that we depend on money to live, there are also other things that give value to life. Personally, as long as I am valued and taken into account, even if I am not satisfied with the salary, I will be there to give the best of me.

If one isn't satisfied with his or her earnings they opt for resignation. Working under a boss shouldn't be a lasting one. One should save during serving a boss and have the mindset that one day he or she will be a boss too.

Seriously this is one of the biggest reasons why I believe a lot of people quit their job especially when they know that they deserve to be paid more than they are being paid in the company.

But then it is not always the manager that always make an employee to quit ,Most employee do quit because they just want to free themselves from the stress of work or they have found a work much more better than the current one.

But then it is not always the manager that always make an employee to quit ,Most employee do quit because they just want to free themselves from the stress of work or they have found a work much more better than the current one.
There are many cases like the one you describe, workers are looking for a better future where they get what they want and at the same time feel valued. Although they may have the same level of stress, they feel compensated with other benefits.

There are many cases like the one you describe, workers are looking for a better future where they get what they want and at the same time feel valued. Although they may have the same level of stress, they feel compensated with other benefits.
90% of people will not like to work in a place that they are not being appreciated no matter how they try. that is why a lot of people are looking for a way to get a better employment and leave the current one.

90% of people will not like to work in a place that they are not being appreciated no matter how they try. that is why a lot of people are looking for a way to get a better employment and leave the current one.
As I have described in other publications, my salary is currently insignificant, however I know that this is due to the economic situation in my country. On some occasions I have thought about resigning, but I feel comfortable in my job and they value my effort in other aspects that are not monetary, which is important to me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds