Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

why companies lose their best Employees?

Exactly, cause even with the increase of the price of various things, the company would not increase your salary, cause it's also affecting them. So it's better to search for other high paying jobs
That is one thing I dislike about most employees. They rarely review the salaries of their staff despite the efforts of such staff and their diligence to their duties.

Advertisement Placeholder
That is one thing I dislike about most employees. They rarely review the salaries of their staff despite the efforts of such staff and their diligence to their duties.
That's right, that's one major issue workers are experiencing today. But is this actually the fault of the companies? Cause as the price of things increases, the company would have to spend more in getting supplies and resources, so it might be Abit difficult to increase the salaries. Or do you think these companies have the capacity to increase the salaries but just don't want to?

When employees are treated badly , they will never cooperate with the business ethics. The employee's welfare should be treated with utmost importance because they form the integral part of the business.

In most cases the problem stems from a conflict of interest in corporate goals. Some employers might prefer if their staff are stagnated career wise which would definitely not sit well with some. And when this comes to the fore it becomes a big problem and then some might decide to leave. It could also be a case of poor pay, and when you ask for an increase it becomes problematic.

That's right, that's one major issue workers are experiencing today. But is this actually the fault of the companies? Cause as the price of things increases, the company would have to spend more in getting supplies and resources, so it might be Abit difficult to increase the salaries. Or do you think these companies have the capacity to increase the salaries but just don't want to?
Well, I think it really depends on the company. There are some establishments like schools that don't have to complain about increase in cost of resources or materials, yet they still pay their teachers meagre salaries despite the high tuition fees charged.

Well, I think it really depends on the company. There are some establishments like schools that don't have to complain about increase in cost of resources or materials, yet they still pay their teachers meagre salaries despite the high tuition fees charged.
I guess you are right, I remember back then during my service year, the school we where posted to was paying us just 1500 naira, close to the exams period there was actually an increase in students and activities in the school, means more Capital, yet they refused to increase our pay.

I guess you are right, I remember back then during my service year, the school we where posted to was paying us just 1500 naira, close to the exams period there was actually an increase in students and activities in the school, means more Capital, yet they refused to increase our pay.
You can imagine scenarios like that. A business organization or company that sincerely cares about the welfare of it's staff will always ensure that they are paid well irrespective of other factors.

You can imagine scenarios like that. A business organization or company that sincerely cares about the welfare of it's staff will always ensure that they are paid well irrespective of other factors.
Yea you are right, back then we even complained about it that it was too small but all they could say was that the government are paying us so we should be lucky they are even giving us that to support us. The funny thing was that they had no staff, so we where the ones actually doing the whole work back then.

Yea you are right, back then we even complained about it that it was too small but all they could say was that the government are paying us so we should be lucky they are even giving us that to support us. The funny thing was that they had no staff, so we where the ones actually doing the whole work back then.
That was a clear case of greed, because they were getting services without paying for it. In situations like that, most of the staff usually develop a nonchalant attitude towards the job.

That was a clear case of greed, because they were getting services without paying for it. In situations like that, most of the staff usually develop a nonchalant attitude towards the job.
The annoying thing about it all is that they where not even paying on time, we would have to wait and remind them most times before they pay us. It got to a point we where no longer interested in teaching again.

The annoying thing about it all is that they where not even paying on time, we would have to wait and remind them most times before they pay us. It got to a point we where no longer interested in teaching again.
Things like that will make you lose the passion you had for the job. Lack of interest will just make the whole activities to crumble at the school.

Things like that will make you lose the passion you had for the job. Lack of interest will just make the whole activities to crumble at the school.
And it did, later we were called, though their pride didn't really allow them come out clean but they where like, they have noticed we are nolonger serious with work and all that, they would like to know the problem.

And it did, later we were called, though their pride didn't really allow them come out clean but they where like, they have noticed we are nolonger serious with work and all that, they would like to know the problem.
I believe they didn't even have a strong case against you guys because they could have reported to the NYSC authorities about the lack of seriousness from the teachers posted to them.

Most companies loose their best employees because of the following :
1. Inability to fulfill their obligation towards their staffs, failure to notice and reward efficient staffs, ignorance/ turning a deaf ear to the concerns of their staffs, none payment of salaries (timely), increased work loads without incentives being attached to them.

A company will lose our best work as if the management at the company do not create a conducive working environment for the workers. They are going to look for another place to work where things are pretty much easier for them.

I believe they didn't even have a strong case against you guys because they could have reported to the NYSC authorities about the lack of seriousness from the teachers posted to them.
They can't even do that cause it would backfire against them and they might end up not having corpers posted to their school for some time, as we can in turn report them for not taking proper care of us. We did that in the first place we where posted to, the principal there refused to pay us during the frist month if our service year, no proper accomodation, etc.

Most companies loose their best employees because of the following :
1. Inability to fulfill their obligation towards their staffs, failure to notice and reward efficient staffs, ignorance/ turning a deaf ear to the concerns of their staffs, none payment of salaries (timely), increased work loads without incentives being attached to them.

Indeed it's rare, but once they are able to secure a better place, they would definitely leave. It's only on few occasions you might see someone that would remain simply out of loyalty.
We are all looking for greener pastures so why would someone want to stay in a place where there is no pasture? Loyalty is entirely a different concept here which employers need to appreciate because just as you have said, it's not common.

We are all looking for greener pastures so why would someone want to stay in a place where there is no pasture? Loyalty is entirely a different concept here which employers need to appreciate because just as you have said, it's not common.
That's right, you can rarely find this, in most cases it could be that the manager or business own Is related to the employee, in that case they have no choice but to stay behind and help out.

They can't even do that cause it would backfire against them and they might end up not having corpers posted to their school for some time, as we can in turn report them for not taking proper care of us. We did that in the first place we where posted to, the principal there refused to pay us during the frist month if our service year, no proper accomodation, etc.
If they knew that they don't have a case against you guys, then I see no reason why they shouldn't treat you guys according to the prominent roles you guys perform for the school.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds