Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Which one do you prefer employment or investment

This is a no brainer. Investments all the way. Alot of people have been searching for employment for years in a big firm without knowing that they are wasting away their lives. Even if you get the dream job at last, paid employment can be likened to slavery no matter the position you are holding or take home pay. And by the way, there's nothing like job security. But as an investor, all you need is financial knowledge which takes quite a job time to learn coupled with the required skills. A skilled investor could start alot of investment with trivial amounts, and within months, he would have become very rich without stressing his body/health while enjoying limitless freedom.

Advertisement Placeholder
Employment and investment are all way of earning money but yo me I prefer employment because as I work I will one day invest as the salary will be given.

I will prefer investment because investment gives you secured future with less stress although there are a different type or forms of investment but they all gives the assurance of a brighter future, whereas employment could be great during service but after service what else?

There are some people who prefer choosing a investment over employment and sometimes they are successful and most times they arent ,
so which one will you prefer employment or investment
I do employment and also invest in cryptocurrency as well, so that I earn it from both sides and I get a lot of profit from the investment and my monthly income increases because of it and im very from both earning ways.

This is just a very tricky question because it varies from individuals. Personally, I would prefer investment but if the employment pay is actually reasonable, I might take it, earn my salary, save up and invest.

You can't get funds to invest without being employed cos you might want to invest a big amount of money so you have to get employed.the business you invest might be a scam so there will nothing to depend on after being scammed.

For u to be financially free, u must find yourself in the right quadrant. Now don't get me wrong- some people that are in the E(employees) could be financially free if they can channel the income and experience they get in making serious investments or creating businesses for themselves. In that case, even when they lose their jobs, life goes on and even better because they are better equipped for the nemesis that awaits any employee in nigeria(retrenchment, resignation or being retired). Personally I prefer the 'B' and am working towards it even tough I am still an employee.

Those who are yet to face the heat of an investment failing will go for investment over employment. You need a steady source of income that is there no matter what and investment can fail to meet up to this. But, we you are employed and your investment fails through, you won't be left frustrated.

Both are very important as they work in together. You only invest when you earn a substantial amount of money. I will consider having the two. If I don't earn form being employed, I should earn from being self-employed.

There are some people who prefer choosing a investment over employment and sometimes they are successful and most times they arent ,
You can only fulfill your needs in employment but if you want to fulfill your desires you have to do business or investment so both are necessary if I am an employee I will try to save some money and I will invest it in some business.

I prefer investment to employment because investment makes you your own boss while employment makes you an employee. No matter how highly paid you are as an employee you're still subject to the authority and management of your organization which mean your freedom is to some extent limited. If you are a business owner you always in control of your time and actions.

I prefer investment to employment because investment is throughoutthe life time while in employment, your employee might decide to stop you from working or slash your salary, we gain more in investment than employment

Investment is the most important thing, but you have to start somewhere. You can start by taking up a job, and doing some savings for your investment later on. But if you have a well-paid job that gives you huge amounts of money you can be working, and at the same time investing.

Employment is good and so is investment. Combining the two is the best in my opinion.
To start up a business, some level of capital is needed and might not be available an average citizens. Yes, loan options are available but accessibility becomes an issue. In other to generate the need capital, most will have to get a paid job to meet up their daily need and start up savings for business/investment. How long this will go now depends on the will power of an individual.
With good certificate which place some at advantage over others, there are some paid job that pays well which such an individual even if in business cannot command such. In a situation like this, paid job becomes essential to such a person and such can go into big investments while still on that paid job

I will go for investment it good and it make you grow in property it will make you be boss of your own than be employed and be slave under another person and make that person rich

I prefer investment to employment. This is because in investment, I am my own boss and don't have to be supervised to do work. However, since I need money to invest, I will have to get employed and earn salary. That will be a source of income for my investment.
This is how majority of people get started too.

People begin to work on a job, make some money to start a business or investment, then later quit the job.

I think it's much better to do both at the same time if you can. It gives more leverage.

It so confusing because you can choose to invest if you don’t have a source of income. I think Employment is better, A good job gives you monthly income and from this income you could invest in whatever you want to either a long term or short term investment. I would rather get employed and then invest so earn more when I retire from my investments.

Time and again, self-employment pays off for me. (pun intended)

Reasons beyond monetary sense:

1. Productivity — Both regular employment and self-employment helps keep the engines of our minds running, albeit in differing ways. The productivity rewards I attain from self-employment, however, weighs in gold because in just a day, I will have absorbed varying degrees of new information/gained clients/started on projects as compared to the alternative. Consider this in a daily perspective.
  2. Autonomy — Naively speaking, I’d rather be a cageless little phoenix, exploring the vastness of the skies and mountains every single day than being in a golden cage for most of my life. I acknowledge that “true freedom” is an illusion in this world/Life, because we aren’t above the laws. But I’d do anything to come close to that. Also, there will be times where I’d catch a huge meal (profit) if I hunt on my own terms, with my own strategies.
  3. Longer hours of work — Time is indispensable and irrevocable. If I can do more in a day, say 18 hours, that would allow more things to be done. 18 hours of productivity + autonomy = Heaven.
  4. Risks — Self-employment goes against the grain of the perceived stability that comes with having a job. While it may work for someone, it may be chaos for another. Risk-adverse individuals will fall in line with a safer path. Personally and simply put, risk engagement & management makes me happier because it forces me to squeeze my creative juices and think outside the box.
  5. Sense of fulfillment — Meaningful challenges lead to growth. These can be found in both workplace and self-employed settings. Though personally, jobs drain every ounce of my soul & every fiber of my being (lol, so dramatic) because the mission & overall objectives are not aligned with my own. I do not feel fulfilled trading in my precious years for a purpose that I do not resonate with/create. Job feels like death sentence to me, and the alternative brings & keeps me alive. To each their own.

I prefer employment first then from my salary or payment I save up for investment so both of them are very important but in a case of preference where a person already have the money for investment then investment will be better than employment.

Both are very cool but I will prefer to go for investment because by so doing I know I'm securing my future and that of my family rather than employment. One can be kicked out at anytime in employment for no reason.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds