Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🖼️ Graphics Where are the Graphics Designers

Discussions related to graphics for web design, like icons and images.

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
I feel like a whole generation of incredible graphic designers have now retired from forums due to pursuing it as a career. I do wonder - where do new people striving to become a graphic designer go/practice? I miss seeing forum and website graphics constantly. Even a work in progress man! I miss the constant motion. I do occasionally want to redownload Photoshop but I'm definitely not as good as I once was either. xD

I’ll give them a cookie if they quit hiding lol.
Cookie Monster Cookies GIF by Sesame Street

Yeah, it’s a bit sad to see all that talent gone. I know a few designers, including me, but thinking back to the golden days, we would hardly be noticed between the real designers.

I wouldn't say I am a perfect graphic designer but I have been known to dabble in some graphic design such as advertising banners and even forum signatures in the past even though they are basic.

I will admit, it is sad to see that many of those who were around forums before are not longer around. There were some very talented people when it came to graphics.

I wouldn't say I am a perfect graphic designer but I have been known to dabble in some graphic design such as advertising banners and even forum signatures in the past even though they are basic.

I will admit, it is sad to see that many of those who were around forums before are not longer around. There were some very talented people when it came to graphics.
agree!!! there was some amazing forums with sooo much talent, it was unbelievable!

I feel like a lot of graphics designers focus on making graphics for Twitch, YouTube, etc.. Atleast on the freelance side of things.

It used to be really awesome seeing the designs on forums! I want to accelerate my career in marketing after university so I'm definitely going to be learning Photoshop etc. It won't be very good to begin with but I'm sure I'll share some of the work if I think it looks half decent lol. Luckily I'll be getting my student discount on Adobe!

It used to be really awesome seeing the designs on forums! I want to accelerate my career in marketing after university so I'm definitely going to be learning Photoshop etc. It won't be very good to begin with but I'm sure I'll share some of the work if I think it looks half decent lol. Luckily I'll be getting my student discount on Adobe!
For marketing I have always prefered Adobe Illustrator. Way more easy to work with. Just stay away from Canva.

For marketing I have always prefered Adobe Illustrator. Way more easy to work with. Just stay away from Canva.
To prove how much of a noob I am, I've never understood what the difference is or why different designers use both/either. I have a lot of learning to do!

I've tried Canva, I don't like it. I designed the Storyturner logo and banner in my signature using Canva as I wanted a super quick mock up however the quality is reduced as soon as you download it and upload it anywhere plus I can't seem to make anything look professional although that might be down to my lack of ability!

To prove how much of a noob I am, I've never understood what the difference is or why different designers use both/either. I have a lot of learning to do!

I've tried Canva, I don't like it. I designed the Storyturner logo and banner in my signature using Canva as I wanted a super quick mock up however the quality is reduced as soon as you download it and upload it anywhere plus I can't seem to make anything look professional although that might be down to my lack of ability!
As with anything trial and error my friend. Practice makes perfect. 😉 there’s a lot of tutorials online to get you started. ☺️

I feel like a lot of graphics designers focus on making graphics for Twitch, YouTube, etc.. Atleast on the freelance side of things.
That's where the money is though, I mean there are going to be far more people on Twitch who would have the money to spend more than a small starting-out Website.

Even on FIver, they are much of the same and it is hard to find someone who is different and they all focus on YouTube and Twitch and gaming point of view.

I made something alright out of Canva - I think it can be great for logos, but I miss all the big designs :( lol. I could see Canva being helpful for creating images for themes themselves though too a bit!

I love Canva for the poster design and videos/GIFs.

I made something alright out of Canva - I think it can be great for logos, but I miss all the big designs :( lol. I could see Canva being helpful for creating images for themes themselves though too a bit!
Never used it but then again I use Photoshop CS5 or even CS6 :) It's easy to use and far more in death than the free paint.net

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest