Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When should a business owner be entitled to salary?

A business owner should be ready to risk is own self comfort for the business to stand,so at the first stage the business owner should manage little or no income.then when there is enough profit from business he can start getting salary

Advertisement Placeholder
To me, a business owner taking out of the business earnings for personal projects at an early stage of the business is STEALING FROM THE BUSINESS.

A business owner who wants the business to grow won’t be tempted to use the business earnings for personal projects. The owner should be entitled to salary when the business is having steady cash flow.

Have you been stealing from your business?
Very funny.
To be honest, i do steal from my business. There are times the profits come in more than expected, i could get greedy and get some money from the profits and get things not pre-planned for.
I agree with what you said... a business owner is entitled t salary when the business is having steady cash flow.

A business owner should be entitled to a salary. If not the business owner will end up spending the money he should use to expand or improve the business.

There are two ways to this, the business owners if they don't have another source of income then they should be entitled to some benefits while if the business owners if they have others means of income then he or she should allow it grow

I will not directly count it as stealing from the business. All business owners deserve some pay and this is not stealing. It could be termed misappropriation of bills that are involved in the development. If it is for business use, then it is not stealing

I do not think that a business owner can be entitled to salary because being a business owner means that a person is the sole owner of his or her organization and he makes a huge income, not salary if he himself is the owner of his or her business.

A business owner is entitled to a salary as soon as the business can afford to pay it. This will prevent the owner from constantly using business funds for personal use.

Lol, I won't term that stealing as the explanation you gave goes against the meaning of the word but in any case, taking out your business profits at an early stage without having to reinvest then is actually not good for business. We need to persevere until we can now earn a steady cash flow

That's very true
To me, a business owner taking out of the business earnings for personal projects at an early stage of the business is STEALING FROM THE BUSINESS.

A business owner who wants the business to grow won’t be tempted to use the business earnings for personal projects. The owner should be entitled to salary when the business is having steady cash flow.

That's very true. Taking out of the business earnings for personal project it's stealing. It's not supposed for you to start spending from your business immidiately you've invest. Just give it a time.

Before a business owner can boldly say that he or she gets his or her salary from his business, that means such business has reached its climax of a steady flow of income on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly plan.

Taking early from business can really be equated to stealing from the business. This is because the business is not yet well established and so you need to let it grow first. When the business is more stable and earning regular profits, that is when you can start spending your profits.

My answer would be affirmative.
I can remember being in a fix during the early stage of my business, I had no other option than to fall back to the little earnings that were just coming in.

I believe it is up to you, as a business owner, to decide when and how you want to do things. You get to choose when you want to start profiting from your company. However, I believe it is prudent to allow profit to flow back into the business until it is stable.

Is Not necessarily that you have to, a business owner is the one who controls all the resources of the business, if you are comfortable with it then I don't see anything wrong with that ,but to me it is not really necessary since you are the overall owner of the business organisation.

A business owner can receive pay from the business when the business is self sufficient and can stand on and it's own and can also afford to pay the workers and also pay him

He is the boss of himself, he may decide when is to be receiving salary once he knows that the business is capable of deducting salary from the profit and it wouldn't affect the business

Is Not necessarily that you have to, a business owner is the one who controls all the resources of the business, if you are comfortable with it then I don't see anything wrong with that ,but to me it is not really necessary since you are the overall owner of the business organisation.
I understand your point of view, the business owner can simply keep aside a specific amount from his or her basic needs right? It does not have to be tagged as salary since he can take it at anytime he feels there is a need for it.

I think it is quite necessary for you to have a financial plan ,as you could be able to measure the amount you would be taking from your business and not just taking money unnecessarily

Honestly, the best way to run the business is by paying yourself salary. You would have a stipulated salary that you would pay yourself. This would prevent you from dipping hands into the company's fund.

I understand your point of view, the business owner can simply keep aside a specific amount from his or her basic needs right? It does not have to be tagged as salary since he can take it at anytime he feels there is a need for it.
If I have a business what I will do is that I'll just take out all the profit of the business into a separate account, that is what I will use in payment of my employees and the remaining one obviously is for me , I can use it to do some of the things I need and also save some in case there is need for it in the company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds