Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

When it comes to forums, light or dark - Which is better?

Britanica

Credits
I see a lot of light colored forum themes out there but I have always favored darker ones.

Is this something that only matters upon the niche or can this be just a personal preference?

Is lighter better or is darker better for themes/layouts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I am with you on preferring dark. It is better for mobile devices as well. I mean assuming someone is reading your forum on the go, dark is easier to see for me when I am outside.

There isn't a right or wrong answer here. I have seen some of the best looking forums pull off both with theme options. Just go what you like the most. I tend to be more drawn to join a darker themed one than a lighter one but I game a lot so darker is easier on my eyes. :tonguewink:

I have always been partial to dark themes when it comes to websites in general. The problem is that most people are used to light themes because most of the major sites they visit are like that. I say go with what you like right out of the gate.

I have always been partial to dark themes when it comes to websites in general. The problem is that most people are used to light themes because most of the major sites they visit are like that. I say go with what you like right out of the gate.

I personally like dark themes too. I don't know, they just look cooler to me than light themes.

I like dark themes also. I think they might get a bad rap since a lot of adult sites tend to use dark themes. Just a thought, I could be wrong.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds