Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Multiple themes? Or just a 'light" & "dark" mode?

Smokey

Revillution.net CEO.
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Does your forum have multiple themes for your users to choose from? Or do you use 1 theme with a light and dark mode? Perhaps you just have 1 theme option?

Personally, I have 1 theme that the user can customize a bit to their liking. I have some ideas for 2024 that I would like to implement and maybe re-design my site's theme quite a bit but it's finding the time to sort it all out right now. Do you prefer having multiple themes to choose from on a forum?

Does your forum have multiple themes for your users to choose from? Or do you use 1 theme with a light and dark mode? Perhaps you just have 1 theme option?

Personally, I have 1 theme that the user can customize a bit to their liking. I have some ideas for 2024 that I would like to implement and maybe re-design my site's theme quite a bit but it's finding the time to sort it all out right now. Do you prefer having multiple themes to choose from on a forum?
You've been to my forum, we have quite a few although a lot less than before. I removed some that didn't cut the mustard for quality compared to the others.

I like having lots of different themes when I go to a forum so I can change things up every now and then when I get tired of one. As long as it isn't the same theme with a different highlight color. Lol

I used to run many of them at the same time, however. Most people tend to stick with just one, so I now just run one theme with light or dark.:)

i stick with the dark theme. less painful on the eyes, but i do like multiple options

Tend to stick with one maybe two, the current one I use is great in that it ticks the box in being a dark'ish theme during the day. While at night it is darker.

I just have a light and dark theme on my board. I figured it would be good enough to make members comfortable using whichever version they please. I don't like it when there are too many themes a board has. It's nice to have a selection, but consistency is also nice.

I currently have two themes on Thee Zone, one is a light theme and the other one is a dark theme. I like to give people options since I know some people prefer dark themes while others prefer light themes.

I have 20 themes.

Way more than we need, of course - but I enjoy making them, and most of them get at least *some* use :p .

I tend to have one, sometimes two available for members to choose from and I will always make the default one have the option to offer light and dark so that members who prefer one or the other have that choice.

I'm not sure members are even aware when there are multiple themes to choose from. Dark and Light, yes. But I think multiple themes are just mostly for owners to play around with, and consistency might be the better approach for the general public so they don't go into too much shock.

Trying to keep it simple to a light and dark theme. Not sure it's worth it to maintain multiple themes that very few users actually use

We currently have three themes members can choose between, but all of them are on the darker side. In the past, we've had dozens of themes available at a time, but we've scaled back in more recent years. Our members tend to prefer darker themes versus lighter ones (but I think someone has recently asked for a lighter theme to use while they're at work).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest