Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Light or Dark?

Naiwen

Renowned member
Credits
I typically prefer a dark theme over light because I think darker colours are easier on my eyes.

I could conveniently make use of both, though dark looks more exotic in my opinion but light theme is good for day time.

I like lightly-toned themes more unless they are overly bright or the contrast is terrible. I don't like themes that are pitch black but have a lightly-toned dark color.

Definitely have to say dark over light. Whenever I go to a website, blog or forum the first thing I do is look to see if they have a dark theme or a dark mode option. If they don't I will still happily use the site but I do find that it's terrible on my eyes and I can not stay on the site for too long. I always ensure I have a light and a dark option on any site or forum I have so that the members have an option. As much as I may prefer dark some people are quite happy to have light and I am more than happy to provide that.

I prefer Light themes. Although, if you're referring to whether you should have a dark or light theme on your website, then I'd suggest having both and setting your preference as the default option, which still enables members to toggle between the two.

I find it really depends. I like a mixture of both - and there's plenty of awful light themes and plenty of awful dark themes out there.

Would rather have a good light theme than a bad dark theme, but if I really got a preference, I think I'd generally go with dark theme.

I much prefer dark themes on forums over just a light theme.

Light themes are a lot better than dark themes.
I see as though you can see more on light themes than you can with dark themes.

I don't have any business with using Light theme in any forum as long as there's an option for dark theme. Even my smartphone is set in dark theme mode. I strongly hate the white light in my eyes.

I'm definitely more of a fan of dark themes, I even use a dark theme for my email at work too! I think dark themes look better, light themes are way too bright IMO. I even use a dark theme on my phone too, and pretty much any website I visit that has a dark theme.

I'm definitely more of a fan of dark themes, I even use a dark theme for my email at work too! I think dark themes look better, light themes are way too bright IMO. I even use a dark theme on my phone too, and pretty much any website I visit that has a dark theme.
I have had eye problems in the past and I do just about everything in my power to avoid having too much light in my eyes. It's where the good of using dark themes comes in. I can never do without it.

I obviously prefer dark themes, since I have 3 dark, 2 light skins and 1 in-between skin installed on my board.

Light themes are a lot better than dark themes.
I see as though you can see more on light themes than you can with dark themes.
Yeah, I presume that it looks like you would be able to see better using light theme because of the more light but nevertheless, it doesn't mean that dark themes makes it difficult to see well.

I think it really depends on the forum you run. Gaming forums tend to prefer dark themes for example. But a light theme would probaly be suited best for general or business forums.

If you are able, I think it's best to offer both.

It depends for me personally I guess. For example, for this one, I'm currently using the light one and it doesn't bother me, but for everything else, using the dark one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest