Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What would you do if corruption was where you worked?

Sometimes over here you have to keep quiet or you might even get yourself into trouble.If you're not interested in the corruption you should just forget about it and people who are doing it should go ahead and do it. You might be killed if you try to expose them especially here that doesn't have a good security system to back you up. I mean in a serious cases of corruption.

Advertisement Placeholder
To some extent to correct some certain mistakes or form of indiscipline in an organisation as a single Individual can not be possible or sometimes it depends on your position in the business organisation.

I'll tow the same line of action as you @Joshua Farrell. One thing I've discovered about speaking up is that even if there's no current change, you've planted seeds that cannot be forgotten in the minds of people and sooner or later it would be looked into

Knowing too well that corruption is never a good thing and knowing that in a place like a work place, it can land you wrongly as such causing you to lose your job. So noticing that, to me as a person I'll report and make sure it is dealt with. If not arrested I resign.

I wouldn't report the perpetrators immediately as the writer stated. I would call the people in question and try issue a warning . This is the best I could do because they could repent and turn a live. But if I noticed that there was not changes, I would report outrightly to the management.

If I have the capability I am going to stop the corruption in the workplace. Otherwise I will look for somewhere else to work so as not to get involved in the corruption.

I have a very good reason to believe that there is corruption at all work places especially in Nigeria. I wouldn't be able to stop any if found at my workplace, but if it's affecting so many of us working, we might petition the management.

Fighting corruption generally will be very difficult, fighting corruption begins from individual mindset ability for individual to have a positive taught towards situation,that is how i would fight corruption if i discover any in my company,i will speak to each person found in the corrupting sector to change

I am going to report a corrupt case going on in the company if there is anonymous report channel. I will ensure that I get all the facts at hand before going ahead to report.
There is no business set up in the world that doesn't have corruption going on in the company or business one way or another. As long as the corruption isn't affecting my payment, I won't mind.

There is no business set up in the world that doesn't have corruption going on in the company or business one way or another. As long as the corruption isn't affecting my payment, I won't mind.
If the corruption is not affecting you now, there is possibility that it will affect you later in the future. The reason is that the company will find it difficult to pay salary when all her money has been embezzled by the corrupt elements. The company may later file for bankruptcy and they are going to lay off everyone.

If where I worked I find out there is corruption what I can do is to avoid such thing, and also to focus on my work only that is the best way.

Firstly, I will try and correct the people involved and also I will publicly throw a piece of advice generally to everyone. If they hesitate, I will then withdraw my self.

Actually, one is not supposed to work where there is corruption, but it is rather unfortunate that most times one does not have option but to still continue there. Or the power behind it is just too strong for one to contend with. Though reporting it is still OK. It is just my opinion.

If there's corruption where i work, i would first talk to those involved in it, i'll try to talk them out of it but if they don't listen and it gets out of hand, i'll then report to higher authorities.

If I discover corruption at work, I will inform the company's management of my findings and provide solutions; if nothing is done after a reasonable amount of time, I will resign.

I think the best thing is to resign from the work when you discovered that there is corruption going on among the workers in the workplace. You might get indicted in the process if care is not taken. And everyone will eventually get punished if the corruption later got exposed.

Corruption is not a one man squad issue because people involve in it might be more than one. So you need to stand a ground before try to correct them. This doesn't mean you should fold your arms and watch it taking place :p: , you are to use tactics in fighting it. If you are unable to fight it you can quit from there so you won't also join the team. :cool:

With the scarcity of jobs these days, I don't think I would quit working for a corrupt company. As long as I am not being forced to be the corrupt one and the corruption does not affect me in any way.

With the scarcity of jobs these days, I don't think I would quit working for a corrupt company. As long as I am not being forced to be the corrupt one and the corruption does not affect me in any way.

I think if the company itself is involved in an unethical way, then it is much better to leave that company. However, if the company is nice but if it has a few bad, corrupt employees, then i do not think that you should quite your job just because of a few bad guys.

If there was corruption in my workplace, I would report to the concerned department. Corruption needs to be addressed timely and if not your business or the company yo are working on will collapse.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds