Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What side business can i do as student in the University?

I have a younger brother who is about to enter the university he came up with a question that have disturb my mind for a while, he asks me the kind of business he can start as a student in the university so as not to be so dependent on us for upkeep and other monetary needs. So right now I am totally confused that is why I'm asking this question please what is your candid advice.
University students can become good freelancers. They can be paid by completing writing process. It a university student is in the field of IT he/she can earn a good profit by designing websites. Effort is need to become a popular freelancer, but once you starts you earn good income.

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm a student myself and I have a lot of classmates who sell different kind of things on their facebook like phone cases, phones and other stuffs. While what I do is I'm trying to earn a couple of bucks here online.

The job should be a job that won't affect your studies in a negative way. For instance, learning a digital skill like web design can help you increase your finances and also you can be a business mediator that stand between buyers and sellers during transaction online.

I have a younger brother who is about to enter the university he came up with a question that have disturb my mind for a while, he asks me the kind of business he can start as a student in the university so as not to be so dependent on us for upkeep and other monetary needs. So right now I am totally confused that is why I'm asking this question please what is your candid advice.
As a student advice him to start online works like online writing .
This will help him balance it with his studies without in disruption .
Again he can venture into part time businesses like selling of fruits,or selling clothes to the students in the hostels and this also will help him sustain himself in school

Affiliate marketing is one business I would recommend to a university student. The reason I recommend it is because it is an online business and it is not time consuming or stressful so it wouldn't hamper his study time.

Despite students famously having no money, companies are still absolutely desperate to sell to them. So, as a student, you can offer them some invaluable insight into how their brand and products are perceived by young people – and it's only fair that they pay you for your services.

A retail business will go along way in helping him earn as well as study in school. Businesses like clothing, beverages, food stuff and super store won't be difficult to setup with little capital.

You can do a lot of businness even you are just a student. You can earn money as a student just small capital. You just need is knowledge and hardwork even you are just a stident im pretty sure that you will become succesfull.

Well he could go into online businesses like crypto currency and trading , that's if he can handle it cause i also made money with crypto while in the university . he could also go into businesses like recharge and get paid,where he subscribe for peoples tv , light bills and so on.

First and for most study your environment, study the likes of the students, study what is lacking and study what will bring excitement to the students.
On campuses one thing student loves is taking pictures it is one business that is profitable in universities. Buying and selling things like football Jerseys of clubs, barbing saloon etc. Service rendering in campuses are profitable.

According to my own understanding, a business an undergraduate can do is limited. I think you can create a POS point at the gate of the school and also a game and viewing centre might be profitable too

The best sort of business you can wander into as an understudy is online organizations. Trust me disconnected organizations can occupy your energy and time and this may badly affect your schooling. So attempt to become familiar for certain computerized abilities that are as of now sought after on the web so you can offer

You can ask your friend to set up a business centre closer to the school entrance. He is going to render photocopying service to the students and typesetting.

Last edited:
If he has a smartphone, you can recommend paid to post sites like bizdustry. They won't take much of his time and he doesn't have to be bothered about how to handle business resources. Just his time and data are needed.

I'm a student myself and I have a lot of classmates who sell different kind of things on their facebook like phone cases, phones and other stuffs. While what I do is I'm trying to earn a couple of bucks here online.
You can become a virtual assistant and help people to do small tasks online. All you need is computer system with good internet connection. You must be dedicated enough to render good job to the clients.

Last edited:
As a student, I suggest he should go for online business because offline business requires a lot of your attention in order to run your business successfully. He can go for freelancing and affiliate marketing if you can generate traffic.

Tutoring tops because its something most people can do. Tutoring is very wide and cuts across many areas. Are you good at coaching or putting people through difficult topics? Can you coach a class of students freely without stress or sweat? If your answer is yes, this business is for you.

Tutoring is the easiest and cheapest business to start as you can also earn money, solidify your knowledge and help your students. Tutoring ranges from one-on-one coaching, coaching your classmates on topics they couldn't understand.

You don't need much materials to start this, organise students, find a free class, get a marker or chalk and start earning your dough.
smiley
easy right? Yea!

There are many online earning sites where you can earn money when you have free time . You should also investment in crptyo currency . For this investment you should have some money. If you have your own business you can also investment . So it is very easy way if you want to earn money.

If he has a smartphone, you can recommend paid to post sites like bizdustry. They won't take much of his time and he doesn't have to be bothered about how to handle business resources. Just his time and data are needed.
Yes bizdustry is the best for him and it is free to sign up. He just need to make first 20 mandatory post in order to become verified poster to earn money.

Last edited:
There are lots of business that you can engage in doing while enrolling in university, you can decide to start VTU Telecom business and start serving your fellow students with Data, Airtime, Cable subscription and electric bill and it will yield you good money, and you can also engage in photography is also a good business cause students will always love to take a snapshot on a daily basis.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds