Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between self employed and business onwer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A business owner is already self employed, because he is not relying on the government or any other institutions for his payment. I do not think there's any difference, but the two words mean the same thing.

Advertisement Placeholder
A self employed person refers to any person who earns their living from any independent pursuit of economic activity. A business owner is also a self employed person because he doesn't depend on other people to earn his living

The owner of a business, for instance, may hire employees and essentially become the boss—an employee-owner who operates and manages the business. Independent contractors, sole proprietors of businesses, and individuals joined in a partnership are all self-employed persons.
The difference between self employed and business owner ? I don't really think they is a difference between them,the world are closely related and to me they mean the same thing.
In English studies the word are refered to as Synonyms. Word with same meaning different spelling.

The owner of a company, for example, can employ people and become essentially the boss, an employee who manages the company. Independent contractors, sole business owners, and individuals involved in a partnership are all self-employed individuals.

It implies that you alone are the owner of the company, a person from a company or an auto-employment company.
A sole owner is a company without a legitimate substance like a company or patronage. You are the lone owner of a company and fully responsible for all financial transactions, including any expected obligations.

I don't think there is any difference between self employment and business ownership. A self employed person earn through independent means and so also is a business owner. Even, a business owner is even self employed

A self employed person is one who works and pay herself or himself. And he or she may not account to anyone. Two or more people can own a business and employ staffs. In all I think the names are used for the same propose.

There is an extra ordinary big difference between been self employed and a business owner. This apply to the fact that a self employed person does not work for an individual to earn money that's in a sense of wages or salary, while a business owner hire people they can trust to make critical decision. This personnel that are been employed by business owners are always been paid salary or wages.

A self employed is a person that is not employed by another person but a person that engages himself to a business of his own. So therefore, he could be tagged as a business owner with just a little difference between them as a result of those they employe it people working with them.

I think it's a similar things bust grammatically reframed. A business owner is elf employed because before you start a business you must first employ yourself before you start employing other staff. Self employed means you're working for yourself, servicing yourself. It doesn't matter whether you're collecting salary or not, the fact is that you're working.

Is there any difference between business owner and self employed?
business owner, go through and must go through the legal process to be able to operate his business (like permits, papers and other documents that prove to be registered and legal). While the self employed is, even if his investment is only skills, he can work in his own house, or he can also be on call.

A business owner is someone who owns a certain business. It could be as a shareholder, a partner or as the sole owner of the business.
A self employed person is someone who earns his/her money from his/her own ventures and does not depend on an emlpoyer to pay him/her salary for income.
A self employed person can be an owner of a business and a business owner could be earning through employment and the business.

According to my own point of view, self employ and business owner has a very big difference, a self employ person i a worker and a boss of him self, who render service to people, but a business owner is a person who buy and sell product of service
[automerge]1612780171[/automerge]
According to my own point of view, self employ and business owner has a very big difference, a self employ person i a worker and a boss of him self, who render service to people, but a business owner is a person who buy and sell product of service

I don't really think there is a difference between this two things. A owner of business is self employed. He or she is not working for anybody. But for better understand in a layman world, I will say self employed is someone who owns and business or company and runs the company/business himself. While owner of business, is someone who owns a business and employs someone to run the business for him/her.

A self-employed individual is someone who owns his own business and works for himself. Being self-employed means you own your own business. I think the slight difference really, if you employ others to work for your business.

Business owner and self employed is almost like the same thing. It business owner can own a business and employ other people to work on his/her company. But self employed is anybody that is independent in terms of source of income

Not a great difference between self employed and a business owner because a business owner only Run his business with the help of employees because they manage and produce more production in the company while on other hand self employed means a business owner has higher a person who is trustable in can run his business and help him in different stages of life.

I think this explanation is a good one, seriously I think this is the first time I actually considered both words and decided that although they might be almost similar but there are still some difference between them. Been self employed means you are not currently employed by anyone so you might be an enterprenuer or freelance agent but a business owner is a person that owns a business.

The owner of a business, for instance, may hire employees and essentially become the boss—an employee-owner who operates and manages the business. Independent contractors, sole proprietors of businesses, and individuals joined in a partnership are all self-employed persons

Self-employed means you have created your own income stream and you are not bound to any organization. Freelancers, business owners especially those working independently and do not have full time working staff, work at home professionals are all self employed. Business owners are also self employed in some sense because they have created their own income stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds