Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between self employed and business onwer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A business owner is one who's in charge and the owner of a business,employs people to work for him/her and he/she is not reliant on the income of the business, while a self employed person is one who turns what he good at to generating income without a boss,selling products and doing all the errands of the business by ones self.

Advertisement Placeholder
The owner of a business, for instance, may hire employees and essentially become the boss—an employee-owner who operates and manages the business. Independent contractors, sole proprietors of businesses, and individuals joined in a partnership are all self-employed persons

There is no difference between self employment and owning one's business, being self employed means you're much of an artisan, which can still count as a business anyway. There is really not much difference between the two.

The proprietor of a business, for example, may recruit workers and basically become the chief—a representative proprietor who works and deals with the business. Self employed entities, sole owners of organizations, and people participated in an association are largely independently employed people.

Self employed is someone who has decided to engage himself or herself in a business to have an investment. Business owner is someone whose business is established and has so many branches with people under his payroll.

I personally feel that business owner and self employed is almost likely to be the same thing and it's hardly to differentiate between them but nevertheless business owner owns the business while self employed may likely to be someone that is working for his or her self. A self employed person could be a professional in a field, maybe a doctor, engineer, lawyer and is self employed
You made a point. Business owner and self employed are similarly use to regards a person but the both are bit different. Self employed is a professional that do not work under anybody, it's a own boss. Business owner is a person that established a business. And the both self employed and Business owner are regards as a entrepreneur.

Self Employee
He that person who hired by any company or any person for the business spasific task.
Owner of business
He is that type of person who owns tha bussines individual and manage all tasks

The difference between self employed and business owners is that self employed simply means finding a job for yourself such as web design, Graphic design, Digital marketing while business is buying and selling of goods.

Is there any difference between business owner and self employed?
Self employed and business owner is the same thing. The difference is just in their pronouncements. Self employ is a business owner who manages his business by himself or herself. A business owner is also a self employed who also take care of his business.

A business owner is one who's in charge and the owner of a business,employs people to work for him/her and he/she is not reliant on the income of the business, while a self employed person is one who turns what he good at to generating income without a boss,selling products and doing all the errands of the business by ones self.
I think I agree with this definition of yours out of all the other definitions here , although I have always though that if you can be called a business owner that means automatically you are self employed. am i right or wrong?

A self employed person is someone who owns a relatively small business, and manage the affairs by himself while a business could have more than one owner and doesn't require the owners to always be there.

The biggest difference between Self-Employed and Small Business is that Self-Employed individualsARE THE BUSINESS and Small Business Owners RUN THEIR BUSINESS. ... Self-employed may be working part-time, have W2 income and/or working after retirements..this is a difference.

If you are running a business you will be the owner of the business and your subordinates will be your employees and thus you can work independent. And when you work in any business you work as a employee and you are totally dependent.

I think I agree with this definition of yours out of all the other definitions here , although I have always though that if you can be called a business owner that means automatically you are self employed. am i right or wrong?
To some some extent you are right but i think one of the major differences is that a business owner employs people to work for them and their being paid,while a self employed person does his dealings his/her self.

If you ask me, I don't think there is any difference. I think they are the same, using different terms. I am saying this because the moment you officially decide to earn income through your own business, you will become self-employed, and a business owner too.
Being self employed is the same thing as being a business owner. When you're managing your own own business by yourself, it means you're a your own employer, which means you're self employed. A business owner will first employ himself before employing others

A business owner is someone that etablished business is not compulsory he works there but he has a control on the business Whereas a self-employed is someone that owns a business and work in that same business. Self employed is doing the business himself with the help of others if necessary

There is a big difference in two of them. In self employed you are been working for some one while a business owner is a person that legally own a business that is been carried out its been managed by that person

Based on research and our own experience, these are the 10 biggest content marketing challenges marketers face today:

Producing high-quality content
Generating content consistently
Prioritising content expertise
Understanding different buyer personas
Producing content in suitable formats
Measuring content ROI
Creating buy-in among stakeholders
Aligning content with the buyer journey
Activating content effectively
Choosing the right channels

Hmm to be self employed is when u earn your money BYU yourself u aren't waiting for any salary before you can earn.
Quote of the day!!!!
Life will make things hard at some point but face it, fight it, and you will become Victoria
[automerge]1612889837[/automerge]
While business owners are not necessarily self employed! They are mostly self employed by there business as growned beyond a self employed person.
Quote of the day!!!!
Life will make things hard at some point but face it, fight it, and you will become Victoria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds