Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between nepotism and cronyism?

Well they are similar with no big difference, they are about favoring a candidate based solely on relationship and not justification whatsoever, it's a bias system of appointments

Advertisement Placeholder
I dont think there is any form of difference that exist between this two because both are aimed at the same think that given someone and appoint or a particular sensitive office simply because is related to you or your family members.
Seriously truth be told I don't really have any support for either of them because there is no way they are of any good benefits to the general public who are in agony that is being used on them.

The terms are related.
Nepotism has to do with giving out business positions to friends or acquaintances while cronyism has to do with giving opportunities to family members who have to qualifications.
There is no denying the fact that they are both related because when you look at them very closely he will say that they are simply just do something but with a little bit of difference.

To some extent,they are related, nepotism is giving out business positions to friends and family, while cronyism can still be the same as giving out this position but at this stage you do not care about their qualifications.

There is absolutely no difference between the two terms, they all refer to the same thing as to man selfishness and the constitutionalism of brotherly love at the expense of others.
There is absolutely no difference between the two terms they are both not good to the society because they have negative impact on the society in terms of employment, development etc.

Last edited:
It's not even at an extent, there are very related. Both requires favouring someone you love without regarding their qualification, this is very wrong
It's indeed wrong no matter who is favoured especially if the person if unqualified. This is one thing that causes a good society to start experiencing problems and collapse.

To my understanding, I dont see any difference between the two terminologies, they both target at the same thing which I believe is not good for the society development.

Nepotism means hires his or her relatives on the other hand cronyism means hires old childhood friends and people who hang with his/her ‘in group’.

Nepotism is a narrower form of favouritism, which cronyism is the act of giving job opportunities or buying and patronage of ones friends and family members over other qualified candidate.

To my understanding, both the nepotism and cronyism are almost referring to the same meaning which means giving favour to specific groups of people in the name of family rather than others.

They are usually very similar and I think that you will not be tolerated at all in a public space. Cronyism is when you are actually favouring your close relatives over others even when they do not have what it takes. Nepotism on the other hand is when you are favouring your relatives regardless of your abilities.

Cronyism and favouritism, are almost the same word depending on how people perception about it and how it appears. Given favour to those who are close to you because of blood relationship or family, means favouritism so also the other.

Cronyism and favouritism, are almost the same word depending on how people perception about it and how it appears. Given favour to those who are close to you because of blood relationship or family, means favouritism so also the other.
Favoritism and nepotism are more or less the word that could be used interchangeable because they mean the same when used in the context of trying to favour someone that you know.

Favoritism and nepotism are more or less the word that could be used interchangeable because they mean the same when used in the context of trying to favour someone that you know.
Favoritism and nepotism are the words that could be used interchangeable. They all point to favouring ones friends and families at the expense of any other person. It is very common in our society.

The both of them are very bad especially when it is being practice in a public sector or in a place whereby a lot of lives are at stake. Cronyism is a situation whereby somebody picked out a candidate based on their relationship with them without thinking about your qualities. Nepotism and the other hand is favouring somebody over another who is more qualified.

Nepotism and cronyism are words of the same meaning which can be used in the replace of the other. They both means a situation of given more consideration to a group of people than others for some certain reasons.

Nepotism and cronyism are words of the same meaning which can be used in the replace of the other. They both means a situation of given more consideration to a group of people than others for some certain reasons.
The term could be used interchangeable because it means according preferences to certain groups at the expense of others . It's a very common scenario in my country.

The two words are used best on different perspectives depending on what are referred to as. They are used interchangeably to tell much about human differences, favour of some groups at the expense of others.

I do not really have a very bright understanding of their differences, but I am sure that they are more like talking about how people tend to favour the people that are close to them even when they do not deserve it.

Nepotism is a practice that favours family members and relatives in different aspects of life while cronyism is a practice that favours friends. It's all about favourism of loved onew

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds