Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Know of any cases of nepotism?

Nepotism is common place in my country it is being thrown in our face especially under the present administration,the country has never witnessed these magnitude before.

Advertisement Placeholder
Nepotism is common place in my country it is being thrown in our face especially under the present administration,the country has never witnessed these magnitude before.

Nigeria 🇳🇬 is a very big mess as it stands in the eyes of the world today. With how our political officials have been disgracing us to the extent of doing it without fear of repercussion is shameful.

I know numerous cases of nepotism or cronyism. Recently, my relative hired someone just because this guy was his nephew instead of someone who was more qualified to work on the job.

I know numerous cases of nepotism or cronyism. Recently, my relative hired someone just because this guy was his nephew instead of someone who was more qualified to work on the job.
And if you look at it very closely, that his nephew will not have anything reasonable to offer in the company and which will make the other staffs to do the double person's work all in the name of covering up for the nephew.

Nepotism is just like a norm in this country,I was given a job without interview,all because of my friend's father was the owner of the place.

Nepotism is mostly found in government organisations or agencies or work place that is where you will find this. Also you can find this in large organizations or firm where the owner is not always on ground

Nepotism is every where because it is a nature of human to believe and support only those people whom then know and cam trust. recently, it was discovered that the Chief Justice in our country had appointed his relative to a high authority.

Nepotism is every where because it is a nature of human to believe and support only those people whom then know and cam trust. recently, it was discovered that the Chief Justice in our country had appointed his relative to a high authority.
Seriously, it's human being that is the problem and nothing else because all the ills that happens in the world is orchestrated by us in one way or another.

Yes, when I briefly worked with a marketing company, the owner brought his brother over to manage the company. Someone who was clearly oblivious to how things work, I didn't stay long on the job.

I am a typical example of nepotism from experience I when for an interview of which the result is always placed on the board I had very high score but wasn't selected, someone who I know was selected with a lower score becore he his from the same place with the manager

Yes, i know a lot of cases of nepotism. It happens a lot in my country. Underqualified or barely qualified people are given jobs rather than qualified people just because they know the person in the position of giving out jobs.

This is what you see in most government agencies around the world especially in my own country here. You see a serving minister employing people that are majorly of his ethnic stock into offices and excluding others
This is something that is very common with what the president of my country Muhammad Buhari is doing when he is employing people into so many ministries that run across the country with his family members.

I indeed do. It happens a lot.Even in government jobs. A friend in authority will just take in most of his/her friends and family members for jobs not minding if they have the qualifications or not
Someone who actually runs a personal business actually have the right to employ whoever he or she wants to employ whether it is his family members or friends and relatives but when it comes to government jobs they shouldn't do the same thing.

I had worked in a commercial bank where the chairman is the patriarch, the president is the son and a niece and nephew are in the executive positions. There were grandchildren in the lower level like assistant managers and supervisors. As I said in another thread, nepotism is there for a family company because the relatives own majority of the stocks.

This is what you see in most government agencies around the world especially in my own country here. You see a serving minister employing people that are majorly of his ethnic stock into offices and excluding others
Seriously this is something that can never stop in my country Nigeria because we are already seeing it as a pattern with the way our politicians work and no new politicians will ever ignore his own people or ethnic group.

Well I know that it is actually a very common problem amongst people and it is everywhere even in private corporations,civil service and even in government where the people in power employ only the people they know regardless of if they have the skills for that work or not

An average citizen in my country would definitely know about nepotism and cryonism because it's a common thing, many government jobs and contracts that were meant for citizens have been covered up by relatives of the managers
This is actually why you should go to so many business and organisation you will find the same ethnic group of people dominating the workforce there and it's all as a result of nepotism been carried out by those that are supposed to work in the recruitment department.

A governor in my country just gifted his son a seat in one of the sectors in the state. He said he did it and there nothing nobody can do about it. The basis of giving him that sit has not been justified till date

A governor in my country just gifted his son a seat in one of the sectors in the state. He said he did it and there nothing nobody can do about it. The basis of giving him that sit has not been justified till date
I am aware of this as well. Nepotism really exists in our society in all walks of life. Competency and suitability to the job is not even considered anymore while giving appointments or making selections.

I am aware of this as well. Nepotism really exists in our society in all walks of life. Competency and suitability to the job is not even considered anymore while giving appointments or making selections.
Everyone wants to favour his or her family member or close friends first without regarding how qualified they are actually bad. It doesn't look as if it'll stop any time soon

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds